Morrissey attends Joan Collins in conversation - The Lowry, Salford (October 17, 2021)

FB_IMG_1634489138094.jpg
FB_IMG_1634488951871.jpg
FB_IMG_1634489134381.jpg

(Images via Sarah Carson/FB group).

Dame Joan Collins Is Unapologetic:

2pm today.
Regards,
FWD.

246102578_2762062240606233_1975650607709250375_n.jpg

Sorry, it's early - should say Grandmother's maiden name.
Morrissey is a married name via Peter.
FWD.
Right, and thus Jackie's maiden. But you're absolutely correct re Elizabeth. And the fact that it's really quite early.

i guess i havent watched enough dynasty then. and by enough i mean any. maybe one day!
Which baffles me because I'm very confident Dynasty (but only after Joan arrives in Season 2) would totally be your thing.

Which baffles me because I'm very confident Dynasty (but only after Joan arrives in Season 2) would totally be your thing.
well i guess it's just because i never really had access to it, since it's not really on tv anymore, not because im against watching it or anything. if i ever see it ill watch it--but ONLY AFTER season 2!

I disagree.

If they are indeed a couple, of course, there's an agreement as to how to behave in public. Therefore, I see no problem in sticking to such an agreement. No harm done to self-esteem.

If Morrissey chooses not to be publicly labelled as gay, his reasons might not be the ones that you mention, but rather different ones. Coming out usually changes a lot of things in an artist's career, and M knows that very well.

Remember what happened to George Michael?
He became orders of magnitude more popular. He was tormented by the pain he assumed any revelation of his sexuality would cause his parents. Subconsciously, he chose to cottage to be arrested and outed by that cop but he handled tge brief homophobic furore well after an initial stumble. Its so sad GM never reconciled himself with his sexual demons and it's sad it took him so long to trust his audience to accept him. 'Accept Yourself'is Morrissey's definitive statement on his inability to endorse his sexuality publicly. Anyone who experienced the horror of a 60s/70s Irish Catholic cultural upbringing on the island of Britain understands and has compassion for his continuing predicament. What's especially morose about it is the fact his family seemingly detached from the prevailing religious orthodoxies and embraced secularism and yet irrevocable damage was already done. Its that Jesuitic 'Show me the boy at 7' memetic programming stuff. There's still homophobic holdouts but the utility of sentiments such as those expressed in 'Death Of A Disco Dancer' are no longer as potent or relevant as they were in the late 80s under Section 28 regimes. Whether or not this entertainer is secretly cavorting with a rugby squad is irrelevant as he has never expressed sexual or gender bigotries as far as I recollect. In fact, his 'dance of the 7 veils' onstage and in interviews needs to be offset by the apparent evidence of him bravely attending a formative 'gay rights' parade in pre-Fame Huddersfield and also an audit trail of him dragged up as a New Romantic Glamazon with a Black female friend. Whatever internal torment he endures, similar perhaps to George Michael, is for him and his analyst-priest-friend-confidentes to resolve. Kind observers should wish him well in his late-in-life lesbian phase.

BB

It must be quite awkward for both Morrissey and Damo to know that wherever they go, whatever event they attend in public, someone is going to be snapping photos of them. I don't know if I could withstand such scrutiny. What if I picked my nose at the wrong moment, or did an ugly yawn?

I suspect he could never bring himself to publicly admit that he is in a happy long-term relationship with another person. Morrissey's entire persona is built around the concept of the ill at ease, lonely outsider, who never gets the affection he craves. He would never want to be seen as normal.

Plus let's not forget he's now a global figure. A 'gay' outing media story might not affect him much in the US or UK, but there's plenty of countries wherein it might do his career real harm.

I suspect he will continue to try to cling to the mystique of his love life and sexual orientation up to his dying day, no matter how obvious it might appear. He's a modern day Freddie Mercury in that respect, hiding in plain sight, not wanting that aspect of him focused on in public. Which is fine.

What does 'normal' mean? Especially in the realm of human relationships?
Maybe he thinks that what he does in bed just isn't anyone's business? It's not complicated.

OK here goes nothin...
Jake, "Gelato", Damon - the boy's (that we know of) in M's life all bear a striking resemblance to...
https://www.alamy.com/stars-ben-gazzara-image208347454.html
In his Auto, he goes on and on about the movie The Strange One, how when he was young he was so taken with Ben is this movie, his role the plot etc.
For most of us our early crushes form long lasting images that we replicate (a type) For others they are all over the map! In any case, as for their relationship, I see it as - Damon was not a famous or know person that Moz happened upon, I think they are together, living together as a couple etc. I doubt he's paid as where does one clock in/off in such an arrangement? He is not on social media, he keeps to himself (which would suit M) and he clearly likes taking care of M. In return Moz provides him a lux and comfy lifestyle, travel, life experiences that he may not otherwise have been able to enjoy and that seems to suit him just fine. They make a lovely couple, I say God Bless to them both, life is short do what makes you Happy :)

The one on the left.
Thanks, Karen! Does Mozzer’s shirt say Morrissey Summer 2007? That can’t be right, can it?

It must be quite awkward for both Morrissey and Damo to know that wherever they go, whatever event they attend in public, someone is going to be snapping photos of them. I don't know if I could withstand such scrutiny. What if I picked my nose at the wrong moment, or did an ugly yawn?
Sure, if a fan or the paparazzi noticed them. But that’s clearly not the case a lot of the time. For example, if you watch the infamous “rear cleavage” TSA video, you’ll also see ordinary folks just standing in line, completely unaware that Morrissey and Damon are in line with them.

Thanks, Karen! Does Mozzer’s shirt say Morrissey Summer 2007? That can’t be right, can it?

Because...?

Pictures in the same attire were taken by Guido Gazzilli, btw.

Last edited:
They were seen around together a lot & there's more photos somewhere.

I think it is 2007.
Hmm! I had only heard of him in Autobiography and didn’t think there were any pictures around.
Because...?

Pictures in the same attire were taken by Guido Gazzilli, btw.

Because it was in 2005 he “lived” in Rome and spent time with “Gelato”. But maybe it went around longer than that.

Hmm! I had only heard of him in Autobiography and didn’t think there were any pictures around.

Because it was in 2005 he “lived” in Rome and spent time with “Gelato”. But maybe it went around longer than that.

People do keep in touch.

The picture is from 2008 as far as I know.
The shirt he's wearing is a crew shirt from the 2007 US tour.
There are other pictures of them, people suspected about him before Autobiography and his real name is allegedly also known.

MORRISSEY-Summer-2007-Local-Crew-Concert-T-Shirt-Black.jpg

Last edited:
Family dynamics!?
It appears he opted for his Mother's maiden name as a surname through choice.
The actual reasoning is anyone's guess though.
SER didn't do so and Rayner came about when Elizabeth re-married.
Regards,
FWD.

Edited.
Interesting, I wasn’t even aware that Elizabeth re-marrie.
Did Jackie then adopt the new husband’s name as her surname?
And Steven chose to keep the old surname. TBH, Morrissey works better as an artist name than Rayner.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom