Morrissey bans Morrissey-solo.com owner davidt from concerts for life

Arse of the world sends the links:

Two separate sources:

Morrissey bans superfan for life - WENN.com via Toronto Sun
Morrissey Slaps Concert Ban On Website Owner - WENN via ContactMusic

Morrissey has taken extraordinary action against the owner of a fan website by banning him for life from the singer's concerts.

The former The Smiths frontman declared war on Morrissey-solo.com after owner David Tseng refused to prevent members from discussing the star's private life or criticizing his career moves.

The singer stepped up his campaign against the forum last month by taking to the stage during a show in England wearing a T-shirt printed with the words: "F**k Morrissey-solo.com".

Tseng was shocked when Morrissey's security guards ejected him from a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark on Monday - and now it's emerged the Suedehead hitmaker has banned Tseng from all of his gigs because of his "poisonous" website.

A spokeswoman for the Morrissey tour tells WENN, "Mr Tseng via his poisonous website has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is really shitty Mozzer. This is a big mistake. I am just a casual observer on morrisseysolo is that really what this is all about. He doesn't want us to criticize him. I don't think David has ever been nasty with his critiques. There are some nasty trolls for sure but I would say the most of us are here cause we are obsessed with the quiffed one.

Moz is now a total fascist in my eyes. How the f*** does he turn his nose up at our country (that he very much likes to live in!) and call us a "police state" but he wants to ban someone from his concerts because he doesnt like the guy's WEBSITE? Jesus pete...

Interesting that a couple of people have mentioned brands. If this site had been attacking a commercial brand for the last few years quite the same vigour, it would be embroiled in all kinds of legal actions by now and would probably have been closed down long ago (here in the real world, free speech needs to operate within the bounds of the law). The fact that so many people are protesting that SPM dared to fight back against a bunch of ignorant bullies I find both amusing and shocking.

It's a shame that so many posts demonstrate an inability to comprehend the ordinary meaning of words e.g 'fans' and 'love'.

"Ordinary" meanings, eh? Well, fan comes from fanatic. Since when has love been in a fanatic's repertoire?

Also, I'd challenge your "ordinary" meaning of fan, because most fans that I know are very critical of the objects of their fanaticism. Well, except religious fanatics. Or is that where you think the "ordinary" meaning comes from? Fanaticsm = slavish devotion? Not in 2011 (esp. with regard to popular culture art, artists, and artifacts).

Hey Moz, I've just self imposed a frickin life ban on myself for attending any of your concerts or paying for any of your records in the future...you had £1000's off me since 1983...

...the gravy train has dried up...bit like your material and career

I was a late bloomer and only got turned on to Morrissey's music recently. I had a lot of catching up to do and almost everything I learned so far was because I found it here on this site. That said, I was surprised at the number of negative comments contained here. Maybe that's your cup of tea, I'm just saying it's different from what I've experienced on fan sites for other bands that I follow. I'm about to attend my first Morrissey concert soon, and I really hope it will be a wonderful experience. But what I'm reading here lately has me worried. I feel like I'd better be on my best behavior and not do anything remotely offensive at the show - otherwise, it could be "no soup for you!" (Yeah, this is starting to remind me of that Seinfeld episode.)

Moz is now a total fascist in my eyes. How the f*** does he turn his nose up at our country (that he very much likes to live in!) and call us a "police state" but he wants to ban someone from his concerts because he doesnt like the guy's WEBSITE? Jesus pete...

Fabulously adoloescent interpretation of fascism there, but hey, this So-Low so I'm not surprised. Personally I think the only "fascists" are those who attack, attack, attack and get hypocritically outraged when the person they attack dares to confront them.

I don't think any of this is important. This David guy has a choice to make regarding his relationship with the object of this site. Does his devotion outweigh his integrity?
We all know about Morrissey's behaviour over the years. He is a neurotic, traumatised, hyper-sensitive fellow who has the capacity to tear your heart out with one of his impassioned vocals. I think many of us would forgive him for a great deal of things because we value his insights and all he has given us. On the other hand, he loves trouble and often seeks and finds it. Nobody should be surprised about this latest story. We just have to see it for what it is. It makes no difference to me, but then why should it?

HAHAHA! Well done Morrissey, and rightly so. CLOSE SO-LOW NOW. Tseng f*** OFF & listen to MJ!

I don't think any of this is important. This David guy has a choice to make regarding his relationship with the object of this site. Does his devotion outweigh his integrity?
We all know about Morrissey's behaviour over the years. He is a neurotic, traumatised, hyper-sensitive fellow who has the capacity to tear your heart out with one of his impassioned vocals. I think many of us would forgive him for a great deal of things because we value his insights and all he has given us. On the other hand, he loves trouble and often seeks and finds it. Nobody should be surprised about this latest story. We just have to see it for what it is. It makes no difference to me, but then why should it?

One of the most level-headed comments so far. Thank you, Eraserhead.

Don't just jump on the band wagon, put yourself in Morrisseys position. Wouldn't you be sick and tired of people putting you down when you're only doing your best to please them. That DavidT should have known better than to show his face, Morrissey is only human after all and he needs to be loved.

Since when has Morrissey "only done his best to please" his fans? How so?

By releasing endless redundant and often nonsensical best-of compilations, each with one or two unreleased bonus tracks to force us to buy 20 songs we already have to get the 1 or 2 we don't?

By sticking other unreleased tracks on the b-sides of separate CD and vinyl versions of another reissued single that we already have? (Instead of releasing all the unreleased tracks in a fabulous single CD that provides value for the fans.)

By stubbornly playing the same setlist multiple nights in a row even though he looks out and sees the same faces there every night?

By cancelling shows to the point that only the daring or foolish fan does not invest in a refund guarantee for airline tickets?

By trudging out Moz By Numbers disasters like "The Kid's A Looker" that leave his fans with their heads in their hands, trying to remember the days when he wrote songs like "I Know It's Over" or "Speedway"?

By dissing his fans' favorite website and banning the operator from concerts for life because he doesn't want his fans to be allowed freedom of speech?

No, I'm afraid Morrissey has not done his best to please his fans in a long, long time.

yes, i think the only action fans can take in the name of free speech and freedom is:

1. boycott his concerts
2. don't buy or download his releases.

he's clearly no longer a rational person - and the only way to make your voice heard is to hit him in the wallet.

its sad both for the young man who wrote "it's so easy to laugh, its so easy to hate, it takes guts to be gentle and kind" - that he has now become a hater that he once despised, and also sad for fans and especially davidt. david can only take consolation in the fact he has done nothing wrong, and has remained true to the sentiment of morrissey's music. morrisey has deviated from it.

i was wondering if the ejection from the denmark concert was even legal? david should consult his lawyer, and take legal action if morrissey's actions were actually illegal. is a ban for no reason legal? like any fascist action it must be stood up against.

i agree with everyone who has criticized morrissey for taking a leaf from the likes of china (whom he has criticized) for censorship of free speech. he's now to be lumped in with the likes of totalitarianism. it's ridiculous to criticism the likes of kate and William, or bryan ferry, or cameron when you have become worse.

bitterness and anger is soul destroying. you dont need to be a therapist to know that. most people become more mellow as they age. he needs to let go of the hatred towards people like joyce, past band members, fans etc, for his own sanity, respect and self respect.

i hope the smiths dont reform, because M isn't the person who wrote those songs, and has betrayed that person and his fans.

sycophants are bad. hitler had the same problem and began believing his own press rather than reality.

peace.

Morrissey RETIRES! ...and it's the fault of this shitty yankee-doodle site.

Since when has Morrissey "only done his best to please" his fans? How so?

By releasing endless redundant and often nonsensical best-of compilations, each with one or two unreleased bonus tracks to force us to buy 20 songs we already have to get the 1 or 2 we don't?

By sticking other unreleased tracks on the b-sides of separate CD and vinyl versions of another reissued single that we already have? (Instead of releasing all the unreleased tracks in a fabulous single CD that provides value for the fans.)

By stubbornly playing the same setlist multiple nights in a row even though he looks out and sees the same faces there every night?

By cancelling shows to the point that only the daring or foolish fan does not invest in a refund guarantee for airline tickets?

By trudging out Moz By Numbers disasters like "The Kid's A Looker" that leave his fans with their heads in their hands, trying to remember the days when he wrote songs like "I Know It's Over" or "Speedway"?

By dissing his fans' favorite website and banning the operator from concerts for life because he doesn't want his fans to be allowed freedom of speech?

No, I'm afraid Morrissey has not done his best to please his fans in a long, long time.

Good post. I agree with you but I must ask, why would anyone be upset about missing out on any of the lousy stuff he's done so consistently since Ringleader Of The Tormentors? What he has put out since ROTT is certainly not anything to want to actually purchase.

Fact of the matter is, Morrissey's music has been pretty bad the last number of years. It only appeals to his sycopants, lackeys and bootlickers (and I believe they are faking it).

HI I am really worried about Morrissey you guys. He frisked people for meat products? I am a vegetarian, but wow. Sure I would love if people didnt eat meat, but its live and let live, set an example, and this is the way the world is.

This and I met David and hes a nice guy. I have loved this website. He threw him out? In Denmark? The guy is from California. He flew to Denmark to see him.

Not to mention the swear word on his shirt. It say F**K. Morrissey has always been extremely eloquent. I dont remember him reverting to swear words. He never had to. He's extremely quick-witted.

If Morrissey is reading this, I think maybe you are having a health problem, like diabetes or thyroid condition. Simple blood tests could rule this out. I developed a sugar problem myself and my idiosyncracies were made more obvious before I detected it.

Morrissey, I strongly suggest you get a physical exam to rule out any problems. I am serious.

I also suggest you fire your PR person for allowing you to go through with this.

I really dont think you fans should be hard on the guy. He might be facing a medical issue.

HI I am really worried about Morrissey you guys. He frisked people for meat products? I am a vegetarian, but wow. Sure I would love if people didnt eat meat, but its live and let live, set an example, and this is the way the world is.

This and I met David and hes a nice guy. I have loved this website. He threw him out? In Denmark? The guy is from California. He flew to Denmark to see him.

Not to mention the swear word on his shirt. It say F**K. Morrissey has always been extremely eloquent. I dont remember him reverting to swear words. He never had to. He's extremely quick-witted.

If Morrissey is reading this, I think maybe you are having a health problem, like diabetes or thyroid condition. Simple blood tests could rule this out. I developed a sugar problem myself and my idiosyncracies were made more obvious before I detected it.

Morrissey, I strongly suggest you get a physical exam to rule out any problems. I am serious.

I also suggest you fire your PR person for allowing you to go through with this.

I really dont think you fans should be hard on the guy. He might be facing a medical issue.

Well I have to say, it does seem like he's having some sort of breakdown.

Good post. I agree with you but I must ask, why would anyone be upset about missing out on any of the lousy stuff he's done so consistently since Ringleader Of The Tormentors? What he has put out since ROTT is certainly not anything to want to actually purchase.

Fact of the matter is, Morrissey's music has been pretty bad the last number of years. It only appeals to his sycopants, lackeys and bootlickers (and I believe they are faking it).

I'm not sure what you mean - I really wasn't talking about his lousy recent stuff. The reason I love the outtakes that have been coming out recently (like "Safe, Warm Lancashire Home" and "Treat Me Like A Human Being") is because, even though they can only be described as songs in the vaguest definition of the word, they feature that warm, soft, sensitive voice that I fell in love with all those years ago. That voice has been replaced by a cruel and bitter voice that turns my blood cold and shatters my heart.

Moz becomes more and more of a laughing stock with each year. I have only kept following this site and TTY to laugh at what a fool he's become.

Fabulously adoloescent interpretation of fascism there, but hey, this So-Low so I'm not surprised. Personally I think the only "fascists" are those who attack, attack, attack and get hypocritically outraged when the person they attack dares to confront them.

keep hiding behind the 'anonymous' tag people claim to hate so much...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom