Morrissey. Better 15% faster.

I agree, actually.

This is terrible. One of the best components of "Piccadilly Palare" is the deliberate, relaxed way that it is played. Speeding "Piccadilly" up 15% doesn't "enliven" anything. What it does is completely miss the point of what Morrissey is trying to convey. He's singing about a slow, numb, mostly hopeless, often torturous existence. "It may all end tomorrow, Or it could go on forever, in which case I'm doomed..." It's a slow misery, not a fast one. What's next, are they gonna speed up "Late Night, Maudlin Street?" Or maybe they'll attack Elton John's "Someone Saved My Life Tonight."

In my opinion, the Morrissey song that needs a 15% jolt is "The World is Full of Crashing Bores." I've always felt its played too slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me no like.

In fact it got me listening to Morrissey and in particular, Bona Drag which I hadn't done in quite some time. The time away gave me a chance to listen to it with fresh ears again. It was nice to be reminded of how good it was.

I think the only song I have ever changed is "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris", it sounds so much better with the pitch slightly higher and the speed slightly faster.

Sorry if I'm completely missing the point of this, but that is not 15% faster. It's maybe one or two percent faster. 15% is a proper chipmunk speed-up.

I demand a refund of at least 12% on account of my time being wasted.

Just wanted to add that when I listen to "Piccadilly Palare" it always lifts me up, and doesn't bring me down. The music lifts me up and I've always liked sad songs. I like it a lot! One of my ten favorite Morrissey songs. It's perfect as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom