Morrissey booksigning in New York (Thursday 12th December, 7pm) - @BNUnionSquareNY

And "they" say Morrissey is over: a surprising number of my friends were in a tizzy within hours of that (apparently) misleading tweet (including people I had no idea cared nearly so much). I have to say that I'm actually a bit relieved it's a no-go: some of us were already strategizing, and we all felt somewhat absurd.

Still, this would be a good PR move on Morrissey's part - he should consider going through with it sometime in the nearish future.

And "they" say Morrissey is over: a surprising number of my friends were in a tizzy within hours of that (apparently) misleading tweet (including people I had no idea cared nearly so much). I have to say that I'm actually a bit relieved it's a no-go: some of us were already strategizing, and we all felt somewhat absurd.

Still, this would be a good PR move on Morrissey's part - he should consider going through with it sometime in the nearish future.

Nobody thinks Morrissey is "over" in terms as a person that can pack them in or as a person that has something to say.
The old guard just worry he is too loyal to that band, as a musical force he has been wanting for years and years the only thing keeping him above water is his personality

Nobody thinks Morrissey is "over" in terms as a person that can pack them in or as a person that has something to say.
The old guard just worry he is too loyal to that band, as a musical force he has been wanting for years and years the only thing keeping him above water is his personality

To hear some tell it, Morrissey's recent missteps (and there have been many deep, self-inflicted wounds lately, no doubt about it) have destroyed his brand, and rendered him a has-been. I was genuinely surprised at how many people were excited about this (fictional) book-signing. Instead of "oh dear: sad old Morrissey, I can't be bothered," grown men and women were talking about pitching tents!

I agree with the notion that Morrissey finds himself in a musical corner with his current batch of songwriters (and I wish he'd make up with Alain), but to the public in general, who don't hang on his every word and aren't informed about every little slight, he's still loved beyond measure. He hasn't lost his audience just yet.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom