Morrissey booksigning in New York (Thursday 12th December, 7pm) - @BNUnionSquareNY

Re: Morrissey booksigning in New York Thursday 12th December, 7pm

you have to buy a copy at a Barnes and Noble (in store not online) and then show the receipt to one of the workers in charge of the signing in order to get an autograph..they will check..I've gone to a signing before

if you want a workaround..buy a copy there, get yours sound..then return the unsigned book at a store near you the next day..

I have no idea how the line-up is gonna work..When I met Ray Davies there, noone was able to sit down for the synposium that didn't start till 6:00..
Thank you - just great ,I had to get it early ,now have to buy another one
NO surprise= this guy has us buying Everything 2 or 3 times
why thus ?? fri would have been great - show up time 9 . am ?
wait 12 hrs for 1 min w` him - I cant say no, how could I ?

Wow - this is great news! Good luck to you guys! That's going to be a LONG line...It's worth it, though. Wish I could go! :)

"Attention Barnes & Noble shoppers! Join us on the mezzanine for a book signing by critically acclaimed author, poet and musician all the way from Manchester, England, Morrissey! He will be signing his Penguin classic book, Autobiography from noon until two, so be sure to purchase a copy and bring it upstairs and try not to be nervous, he's just a person!. And be sure to stop by the cafe for a hot cocoa and a freshly baked scone!"

This only works for tiny authors. I have a feeling that serpentine lines and nearly hysterical women in snow boots and trench coats covered in ice will involve more than two hours and an invitation to the cafe. :D The biggest author I was communications coordinator for was that guy who lived in Cayucos who wrote hilarious fiction...I'm blanking on his name. Christopher Moore! Nice guy.

Last edited:

I'd need to start queuing yesterday. Hopefully it will be one of his, "never confirmed" scenarios. I mean, there are other major cities. Maybe he'll consider other locations with a little less mugging and stabbing (and that's just from fellow fans)?

So far I've bought FOUR of the UK paperback (two were gifts), two U.S. hardbacks, and two UK hardbacks. (I'll quit whinging. I have a book specially, personalized for me.) To have the US and UK hardbacks signed would be nice, but at least I lived long enough to read the book (the paperback, naturally). Then again, how does one display such an item?

I secretly hope he doesn't do an LA signing. :o The agida of standing in line is too much, I'm too tired. But knowing it was happening and I wasn't there, just as much agida. It sounds crazy but...I guess I'm an asshole.

:D I can't think of better news!!

I'm wondering how early we'll have to get there to get a copy signed. I'm thinking in terms of the Sweden signing, but this is NY, a much bigger market, no?

Ray Davies did a one hour symposium and signed books for 800 people (many of them multiples). The nice thing about B&N was that you got about 1 minute with him and nothing was allowed to be signed except for the book that you purchased that day. They were incredibly organized..I can't imagine what this will be like with the line-up and all.

I understood why he chose Sweden at the time because it was less likely to attract a huge crowd of hooligan fans. Fair enough.
But why NYC now?!
I must say I am back to being very disappointed there wasn't a signing in the UK.
Yes, I am grumpy.

You have to buy a copy at the Union Square Barnes & Noble.

What if I turn up with the "UK gay edition" ?
Do you think he will sign it ?
Thanks

Benny-the-Butcher

If you're planning on going Anaes, I am glad for Morrissey. It's not everyday one gets to meet such a charming and intelligent person as yourself. :) Lucky him. He doesn't deserve you, really I even think he should buy you something in return... ;)

Oh, thank you (whoever you are). :)

Morrissey made a difference to me, but I shall make no difference whatsoever to him. Such is the nature of fame. Still, if I'm lucky enough to have a moment to express my admiration for his work, I'll be content. Not as good as a shared pot of Ceylon, certainly, but it will have to do.

show up time 9 . am ?

9am on the day? You'll have no chance. He's only signing for 2 hours, so only the first couple of hundred people in line will get through the doors.
People who turned up at 9:30am in Gothenburg never made it inside, and I would expect the queue in New York to be twice the size of that one.

I've just heard from some friends who are already queuing (or kind of casually walking around B&N until they install a queuing system). Madness.

Very happy for Anaesthesine and the other NY fans. Looking forward to pictures and video clips.

This smells funny to me. No confirmation on tty and when you call B&N they have no details on how this will work yet they do 100s of these a year? The tweets leading up to and including the announcement on bnunionsquare seem more an inside joke than anything legit. Color Me jaded, I'll go if Moz confirms but so far this rings hollow.

This smells funny to me. No confirmation on tty and when you call B&N they have no details on how this will work yet they do 100s of these a year? The tweets leading up to and including the announcement on bnunionsquare seem more an inside joke than anything legit. Color Me jaded, I'll go if Moz confirms but so far this rings hollow.
i don't think the one in sweden was confirmed on TTY straight away, they would have said by now probably if it wasn't true.

The Union Square B&N has confirmed repeatedly over the phone for many people, and they are saying that more details will be available on Monday. It could still not happen but it sounds like the store 100% thinks it will

What time would be reasonable to show up without camping overnight/days in advance? Any chance at all of meeting him by showing up that morning (as in 8-9 AM)?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom