Morrissey booksigning in New York (Thursday 12th December, 7pm) - @BNUnionSquareNY

I really don't think Barnes and Noble is gonna be prepared for all the craziness involved in a Morrissey booksigning.

Re: Morrissey booksigning in New York Thursday 12th December, 7pm

When I've gone to signings at B&N in the past, the way it works is they start to hand out wristbands at 9AM the day of the signing and the wristbands are labeled in groups A-Z, so if your wristband is labeled "A" then you'll be in the front of the line. They are first come, first served. Then you can leave for the rest of the day and the line for the signing starts around 4PM I believe. But, if you are in group "A" you can show up even 10 minutes before the signing starts and still be towards the front of the line.

SNL nailed hell last night. :sweet:

Last edited by a moderator:

What time would be reasonable to show up without camping overnight/days in advance? Any chance at all of meeting him by showing up that morning (as in 8-9 AM)?

Based on Sweden, and the fact this signing is for midday, I doubt you would have a chance if you get there that late. I mean, it's possible - but super risky. This could be his only US signing, and some fans will be travelling from hundreds of miles away for the chance to meet him. If you aren't queuing overnight, I would at least get there early in the morning. 6-7am, rather than 8-9. It depends on how much you want to meet him, and how much you want to chance it and possibly miss out.

Based on Sweden, and the fact this signing is for midday, I doubt you would have a chance if you get there that late. I mean, it's possible - but super risky. This could be his only US signing, and some fans will be travelling from hundreds of miles away for the chance to meet him. If you aren't queuing overnight, I would at least get there early in the morning. 6-7am, rather than 8-9. It depends on how much you want to meet him, and how much you want to chance it and possibly miss out.

Someone on AYNIM said the signing was rumored to be from 7-9pm. Oh wait...that tweet at the top of the page says that. Lol. ANyway, someone there has a friend who has a friend or something who works there and they say it's two hours. My point is 7-9 isn't midday, I'd guess that 12 hours in line would be enough? :squiffy:

Last edited:
Morrissey has so closely and deliberately orchestrated every step of this book release that the radio silence, to me, is telling. We got up to the minute updates and sales positions for weeks, then nothing on this at all?

I've also never been to a B&N signing event where you didn't have to buy the book same day, same store. The point of a signing is to boost that store's sales. That's also why they won't let you bring anything but the book being promoted.

Still skeptical, but until B&N has more details (sure they'll confirm over the phone but they honestly have no idea how this will work...they say photos ok from the "audience" but if there's no reading or performance, what "audience" is that??) or Morrissey confirms, I'm not committing. And I'd think one or the other would happen soon as they have at least a few hundred about to descend for a three day camp out if the Twittersphere is any indication.

Another more ominous update, this time from the B&N Union Square store manager:

"Oh my god work crisis we are in the deepest shit ever"

https://twitter.com/yeswhateverok/status/409753877060530176

Well, this isn't looking good. Sucks.

I doubt the event was never happening in the first place as some people seem to be suggesting. My guess is they tweeted about this prematurely and for whatever reason the shit hit the fan.

Heard it was cancelled too. Glad it was far enough in advance b4 people booked flights, etc. I hope it gets rescheduled but further west.

Another more ominous update, this time from the B&N Union Square store manager:

"Oh my god work crisis we are in the deepest shit ever"

https://twitter.com/yeswhateverok/status/409753877060530176

Well, this isn't looking good. Sucks.

I doubt the event was never happening in the first place as some people seem to be suggesting. My guess is they tweeted about this prematurely and for whatever reason the shit hit the fan.

No Barnes and Noble manager would have a twitter account where he spilled work stuff. Trolololol

9am on the day? You'll have no chance. He's only signing for 2 hours, so only the first couple of hundred people in line will get through the doors.
People who turned up at 9:30am in Gothenburg never made it inside, and I would expect the queue in New York to be twice the size of that one.

For a squiggle on paper?
God you lot are sad

Heard it was cancelled too. Glad it was far enough in advance b4 people booked flights, etc.
You reckon? I know people who are already on the way!

You reckon? I know people who are already on the way!

If you want to see Mozza go to the KY show, thats why he isn't at the book store he will be there.
I heard from her the other on Friday

For a squiggle on paper?
God you lot are sad

Its no ordinary squiggle though doh !
Its the squiggle of a 'Humasexual' ! And there is only one in existence on the planet earth and it is called a "Morrissey" :lbf:

David Attenborough

If you want to see Mozza go to the KY show, thats why he isn't at the book store he will be there.
I heard from her the other on Friday

Nice guerilla marketing, KY. :rolleyes:

per twitter its cancelled

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-08 at 4.22.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-08 at 4.22.06 PM.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 11

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom