Morrissey canceled seven "proposed live dates" in Italy in Sep. due to incident - SER/Rolling Stone

Link posted by an anonymous person

Morrissey claims he was held at gunpoint by police officer in Rome - Rolling Stone

Excerpt:

Update: Morrissey canceled seven "proposed live dates" in Italy in September, according to his nephew, photographer Sam Esty Rayner. "Obviously, with psychopaths like this on the loose, it is not safe for me to be in Italy," the singer said, per his nephew.

Morrissey claimed that a police officer in Rome threatened him with a gun in a Facebook post jointly authored by Rayner. The singer described the altercation as a "deliberate act of terror."

Rayner confirmed the validity of Morrissey's quotes to Rolling Stone.

The Rome police department did not respond to Rolling Stone's request for comment.

Related items:

Last edited:
White flag operation to get out of a situation he never had under control. Next time to make it look real wait a few days Morrissey.

wtc1collapsenistfoia-4_4971812_GIFSoup.com.gif

That sort of thing could happen anywhere in the world. He shouldn't punish every fan in Italy because of it. Bad idea.

So he's cancelled Hollywood Bowl, and several gigs in Italy already, and the tour hasn't even been announced yet? Even by Morrissey's standards, this is taking things to a new level. :p

That sort of thing could happen anywhere in the world. He shouldn't punish every fan in Italy because of it. Bad idea.

I think he might genuinely not feel safe. If it happened to me, I'd say, yeah f*** it, I'm out of here. Nothing against the people, I'm just out of here...you know?

The Rome police department did not respond to Rolling Stone's request for comment.

It's hard to believe Roman police department did not respond to a press request for comments about the abuse of a person made by a policeman, no matter who the abused person is. Are they a true democratic republic, as they want to make us to believe? What about publicity of government acts, one of the pillars of the republican system? Or should we say pseudo-republic under the dominance of foreign interests and mafia power? Where is the correct functioning of legal institutions? Who do the officers of the government have to answer for? Not the people, it is obvious. They should be SUED immediatly. The chief of the police should resign now unless he gives proper explanations about the acts of his subordinate and explains with the utmost detail the legal proceedings of policemen in the streets and the rights of the visitors in the city. This is serious. I love Italy, the people, the history and the culture. My roots are there. But it's occupied land, like most of Europe and the world, and this is another sign of it. Nobody cares, nobody takes responsibility for their functions. This is jungle law and beasts are winning the battle.

I think he might genuinely not feel safe. If it happened to me, I'd say, yeah f*** it, I'm out of here. Nothing against the people, I'm just out of here...you know?
Yes, I understand what you're saying. I wouldn't want him to be anywhere he didn't feel safe, but what if he cancels these dates and he goes to, oh, I dunno, let's say Sweden, and he's approached by a Chapman-like crazed fan (god forbid). What then? Where is it safe...ever? That concerns me a lot, I guess.

Reckon when did he ever have a huge fan base in Italy? Seven proposed dates? I don't know what the fook him and Nancy are doing in Rome anyway. Nancy's grandparents were from Sicily. Is John Lydon pissing them off so much that they have to flee to Italy. I reckon lil'Sammy and Jack are trashing their house.

He didn't cancel the Hollywood Bowl. It might still happen. That 1/4 "Irish Catholic" band will be in full Johsua Tree Stadium tour tilt reckon by that time in the USA. Uncle Steve doesn't need the competition.

Reckon when did he ever have a huge fan base in Italy? Seven proposed dates? I don't know what the fook him and Nancy are doing in Rome anyway. Nancy's grandparents were from Sicily. Is John Lydon pissing them off so much that they have to flee to Italy. I reckon lil'Sammy and Jack are trashing their house.

He didn't cancel the Hollywood Bowl. It might still happen. That 1/4 "Irish Catholic" band will be in full Johsua Tree Stadium tour tilt reckon by that time in the USA. Uncle Steve doesn't need the competition.
Reckon you are my f***ing FAV thing in this universe, since sliced vegan tacos. Or!! Since Johnny Lardo-Lydon used to be a screaming skinny lil thingy.

I pinky-reckon-swear to god you for life.

MY FAV!!!!! :dancers: :dancers: :dancers:

i feel like morrissey is doing this on principal (surely he doesnt really fear another incident like this will occur. what would be the chances?), sacrificing his concerts to draw attention to and make an example of how police should not behave. that cop really needs to explain himself.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom