Morrissey canceled seven "proposed live dates" in Italy in Sep. due to incident - SER/Rolling Stone

Link posted by an anonymous person

Morrissey claims he was held at gunpoint by police officer in Rome - Rolling Stone

Excerpt:

Update: Morrissey canceled seven "proposed live dates" in Italy in September, according to his nephew, photographer Sam Esty Rayner. "Obviously, with psychopaths like this on the loose, it is not safe for me to be in Italy," the singer said, per his nephew.

Morrissey claimed that a police officer in Rome threatened him with a gun in a Facebook post jointly authored by Rayner. The singer described the altercation as a "deliberate act of terror."

Rayner confirmed the validity of Morrissey's quotes to Rolling Stone.

The Rome police department did not respond to Rolling Stone's request for comment.

Related items:

Last edited:
Morrissey. I love your music. And the impact you've had on my life.

But you let your true self come out when something like this happens (and that is assuming it did).

NOBODY should ever be treated the way you were treated if it did in fact go down like that. NOBODY.

But these are the facts we do know:

1) This happens to people every single day all over the world.
2) You write songs about such tough guys like the Kray twins and put Charles Richardson in your CD sleeve; but when faced with danger, you cry and whine. What would your 'idols' have done in a situation like this? Not what you did (which by the way, was the proper thing to do, never escalate the situation).
3) You write songs like 'Ganglord', and when that reality actually hits home, you act surprised.

NOBODY should be treated the way you were treated. It disgusting, and bullying at it's near worst.

But will the real Morrissey please stand up?

Be safe all.....
Not to mention the whole "black on the inside" nonsense and then walking around with no identification. He thinks this is some kind of abuse of police power? Even in your own country you shouldn't be that surprised to be asked for identification but when you're clearly a visitor it seems like you'd be prepared for this.
Maybe that cop thought that the "floodgates were opened," that Italy is "losing its identity" and he didn't like hearing so many "accents." Morrissey should understand that.

Morrissey. I love your music. And the impact you've had on my life.

But you let your true self come out when something like this happens (and that is assuming it did).

NOBODY should ever be treated the way you were treated if it did in fact go down like that. NOBODY.

But these are the facts we do know:

1) This happens to people every single day all over the world.
2) You write songs about such tough guys like the Kray twins and put Charles Richardson in your CD sleeve; but when faced with danger, you cry and whine. What would your 'idols' have done in a situation like this? Not what you did (which by the way, was the proper thing to do, never escalate the situation).
3) You write songs like 'Ganglord', and when that reality actually hits home, you act surprised.

NOBODY should be treated the way you were treated. It disgusting, and bullying at it's near worst.

But will the real Morrissey please stand up?

Be safe all.....
This is also a man who in the Smiths day wrote about love and lost which he experienced only through films, tv shows and books. Makes you think doesn't it?

If there were 100 witnesses we can expect to see a lot of phone-recorded footage

Groundbreaking stuff cancelling performances that havnt even been confirmed :rolleyes:

I might have to re-open my online confectionery store at this rate :popcorn:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

What is it with Moz and safety?

First he announces that he doesn't feel safe on stage in Warsaw after this (in)famous incident in 2014. Then he tells Larry King in 2015 that the interview is okay because he feels quite safe (no reason why he shouldn't. And now this.

The world is not a safe place. The more policemen and armies the less security for common people. It's an inversely proportional ratio. Criminals will increase crimes because they have to pay more bribes. Wars have to be made to justify the existence of big armies and the production of armaments. Security is a very lucrative business that has to create its own demand.

Many people here forgot to tell that Mr. Morrissey and nephew were going wrong way with their car in the centre of Rome: Maybe you heard that some nasty people are doing bad things with cars and vans these days, don't you?
And to ask ID is legitimate for a policeman. Who are you Mr. Morry? Do you expect everybody to know you? Come'on.
And now he said that Italy is not safe for him.
Good, go back to UK, you will be more safe for sure there.

I urge all to cancel Steve's latest UK tour dates despite the fact that they havn't yet been announced/booked/confirmed. R O F L :rofl:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

"Obviously, with psychopaths like this on the loose, it is not safe for me to be in Italy,"

I hope Morrissey can clarify soon whether he classes a country which gave the world the renaissance a proper, half or sub species.

I wonder why this post doesn't tell the whole story, and why all you outraged guys didn't even try to be more than internet amoebas, believing in everything you read and not even asking yourself "Is that all?" "Is this true?".

He was in a car with his nephew driving the wrong way at a very high speed in a street in Rome full of tourists.
This is not only crazy by itself, but... do you know about all the recent terrorists attacks with vehicles hitting pedestrians?
I bet the tourists were feeling safe.

The police asked his id, but he refused "because he didn't do anything wrong" and pretended to be recognized.
So just because you're famous, you can break laws and you are allowed to drive the opposite way in a street?
This "psycho" policeman didn't even arrest him, he asked his id.
In Italy they can ask it even without reason, and you MUST show it. This is the national law.

So, wake up guys.
To be honest, I'm relieved that he canceled his tour in Italy. I wouldn't feel safe with a guy driving the opposite way and pretending that he is int he right.

Man the world of Moz is just too weird to keep up with. Cancelling Italy shows is a step too far. This from the Moz who loved going to boxing events, posing with fake bruises, and even singing these words in Reader Meet Author:
'And if a fight broke out here tonight
You'd be the first away, because you're that type'.
Moz needs to stop being so knee jerk and consider his actions better.

Perfect alibi, i bet he was thinking up reasons for days to cancel, and this was just perfect.

It is not the first time, either. Honesty is a stranger to this chap. I do wish he'd swallow his f***ing pride and do a Smiths tour.

Man the world of Moz is just too weird to keep up with. Cancelling Italy shows is a step too far. This from the Moz who loved going to boxing events, posing with fake bruises, and even singing these words in Reader Meet Author:
'And if a fight broke out here tonight
You'd be the first away, because you're that type'.
Moz needs to stop being so knee jerk and consider his actions better.

I agree that canceling the shows is to much. Doesn't solve anything and just leaves fans missing out who have to live there all the time. That said there are much worse police officers and incidents all over the world in every country

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom