Morrissey canceled seven "proposed live dates" in Italy in Sep. due to incident - SER/Rolling Stone

Link posted by an anonymous person

Morrissey claims he was held at gunpoint by police officer in Rome - Rolling Stone

Excerpt:

Update: Morrissey canceled seven "proposed live dates" in Italy in September, according to his nephew, photographer Sam Esty Rayner. "Obviously, with psychopaths like this on the loose, it is not safe for me to be in Italy," the singer said, per his nephew.

Morrissey claimed that a police officer in Rome threatened him with a gun in a Facebook post jointly authored by Rayner. The singer described the altercation as a "deliberate act of terror."

Rayner confirmed the validity of Morrissey's quotes to Rolling Stone.

The Rome police department did not respond to Rolling Stone's request for comment.

Related items:

Last edited:
Our UK days draw to a close...

(More) UK tour dates please.

Thanks

Yeah, totally. And I'm glad he didn't mince words, as per his nephew, and called the police "psychopaths." A lady named Carly Jorgensen Morales once tried calling me an "ableist" for calling trolls "psychos"!

:chicken:

I think he might genuinely not feel safe. If it happened to me, I'd say, yeah f*** it, I'm out of here. Nothing against the people, I'm just out of here...you know?

safest place is germany, particularly hamburg, at the moment. 20000 police men and women protecting 20000 g20 delegates plus 4000 journalists from all over the world eager to provide the footage on every offence imaginable, be it small or big. oh, btw, germany gave the world goethe, kant and nena, but if i remember correctly there have also been some fully fledged psychopaths around here, one time or the other
Hmmm probably not too safe for National Lampoon SERs dodgem racing up one way streets with a cranky chiseljaw in the passenger seat.

The world is not a safe place. The more policemen and armies the less security for common people. It's an inversely proportional ratio. Criminals will increase crimes because they have to pay more bribes. Wars have to be made to justify the existence of big armies and the production of armaments. Security is a very lucrative business that has to create its own demand.
Exactly! Where do ye think Tony Stark got the money to make his tin suit? Off topic but I went to see the 'Spiderman Homecoming' documentary tonight in the cinema. The big screen is almost as good as sitting within inches of a TV screen. Anyway I was amazed they could get a camera so close to a spider-man hybrid without it noticing. I was disapponted it didn't eat any flies but maybe they edited out that bit.

This is also a man who in the Smiths day wrote about love and lost which he experienced only through films, tv shows and books. Makes you think doesn't it?
You can learn everthing you need to know in life from Star Wars and Batman. Like Harvey Dent says to Batfink in The Dark Knight: "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".
The Cure should have stopped after Disintegration or Wish. Perhaps Moz should have stopped after Quarry or Ringleader.

The Cure should have stopped after Disintegration or Wish. Perhaps Moz should have stopped after Quarry or Ringleader.

Probably after Quarry (although Ringleader had its moments) ... at this rate, WPINOYB might end up being his last album.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I wonder if these proposed live events in September would have seen Morrissey debuting new material?

BTW, Morrissey still does not appear in the Hollywood Bowl calendar for November. So that's looking like it's not going to happen either.

I am happy with his decision. f*** them all. Macaroni eating pigs.
f*** you, ignorant bastard. Abuse is the weapon of the imbecilles, and you must be the ringleader, f***ing idiot (btw, I'm obviously Italian)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom