Morrissey Central: "… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER" (December 20, 2019)

Moz on HMV showing of the It's over 7“

Adjustments_dcam7l.jpg

… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER.
December 20, 2019

"Making a thud similar to a dropped cabbage, some copies of "It's Over" have been spotted in a couple of HMV's - six weeks after its release date. My greatest vocal, my most proud single release … and nobody knows what to do with it. Roy Orbison would turn in his urn. The sheer excruciation endured in trying to see "It's Over" released has once again defeated me. Everything, it seems, has been done to make "It's Over" pass as quickly from human memory as possible, and a forest of cliche's will no doubt explain its unintentionally hilarious disappearance. When we first released California son, it was "It's Over" that received the most airplay, and the time was ripe to launch it as a single. But, no! Let the year pass and then dribble out "It's Over" amid an air of chilly silence. That's the way to do it! At least "It's Over" has achieved a full page in the manual of How Not To Release A Single. If it's any consolation to those of you who would like a copy of "It's Over" I should tell you that I have yet to see a finished copy of it myself. I live in knotted hope.

Sad times for a change, MORRISSEY."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/and-it-s-over-came-tumbling-after

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolute whingebag. f*** racism. f*** For Britain. f*** Morrissey. f*** Morrissey defenders. And f*** anybody who buys this awful single.

If Its Over received airplay when it was released why would any radio station play it again now? Idiot.
And how about a comment on Britain electing a right-wing government that will ensure Brexit (with a huge landslide majority)?
Surely that's the best Christmad present you could ever have hoped for, Morrissey, or have you finally realised what a total and utter twat you've been?

Moz on HMV showing of the It's over 7“

View attachment 53771
… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAMETUMBLING AFTER.
December 20, 2019

"Making a thud similar to a dropped cabbage, some copies of "It's Over" have been spotted in a couple of HMV's - six weeks after its release date. My greatest vocal, my most proud single release … and nobody knows what to do with it. Roy Orbison would turn in his urn. The sheer excruciation endured in trying to see "It's Over" released has once again defeated me. Everything, it seems, has been done to make "It's Over" pass as quickly from human memory as possible, and a forest of cliche's will no doubt explain its unintentionally hilarious disappearance. When we first released California son, it was "It's Over" that received the most airplay, and the time was ripe to launch it as a single. But, no! Let the year pass and then dribble out "It's Over" amid an air of chilly silence. That's the way to do it! At least "It's Over" has achieved a full page in the manual of How Not To Release A Single. If it's any consolation to those of you who would like a copy of "It's Over" I should tell you that I have yet to see a finished copy of it myself. I live in knotted hope.

Sad times for a change, MORRISSEY."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/and-it-s-over-came-tumbling-after

Related item:

A truly depressing combination of idiotic sentiments and shit grammar. Since when was the plural of cliche spelt cliche's? The record company should put Simple Steve out of his agony and drop him before the new album causes even more embarassment.

If Its Over received airplay when it was released why would any radio station play it again now? Idiot.
And how about a comment on Britain electing a right-wing government that will ensure Brexit (with a huge landslide majority)?
Surely that's the best Christmad present you could ever have hoped for, Morrissey, or have you finally realised what a total and utter twat you've been?
If it had been released when it first received airplay is the point. Its been half hearted all the way.
Morrissey has never been in favour of the Conservative party, so save the name calling for yourself.

A truly depressing combination of idiotic sentiments and shit grammar. Since when was the plural of cliche spelt cliche's? The record company should put Simple Steve out of his agony and drop him before the new album causes even more embarassment.
Ahem,
Embarrassment has two 'r' s.

As others have stated - if he's so proud of this song - why wasn't this the lead single? This whole thing feels like it was just done to appease Morrissey - but the timing makes no sense.

Whingefest number 9 million. Is he trying to vex the record company? Why worry about a single that fans have already from buying the album. Jesus he has very little to be worrying about.

Well that news travelled fast ... these 7" singles have been a nice niche release over the last year or so and long may they continue but tbats all they are - physical media is obsolete in regards to singles , we all know it ! I'm sure more copies will arrive in other stores soon ... chill out mozza. if you wanna kick up a fuss in 2020 we will be glad to have u do a week of instore signings for the new album x

"my most proud single release". Yikes.

As pointed out at the time, the thing screwing up his 'traditional' single releases is whoever is insisting on putting out 'instant grats' and staggering releases between digital & physical.
California Son had 2 tracks put out that way before the first 'proper' physical single ever appeared.
That's one aspect, but further: this single has been mired behind the scenes. 3 different covers (he used the wrong one even on Central today), varying release dates and changing B-sides - all very mysterious and indicative of something perhaps more problematic when compared to previous 7"s (although not all have been without issue either).
The physical single was announced the day after the instant grat back in February (despite the incorrect B-side and artwork), that was the time to release it without a further 10 months passing - whatever intervened must have been pretty substantial.
I doubt we will ever be privy to the full goings on, but the general response to BMG in these threads over time has been reasonably positive despite the perceived lack of/diminishing promotion.
2020 is shaping up to be interesting already... :)
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom