Morrissey Central: "… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER" (December 20, 2019)

Moz on HMV showing of the It's over 7“

Adjustments_dcam7l.jpg

… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER.
December 20, 2019

"Making a thud similar to a dropped cabbage, some copies of "It's Over" have been spotted in a couple of HMV's - six weeks after its release date. My greatest vocal, my most proud single release … and nobody knows what to do with it. Roy Orbison would turn in his urn. The sheer excruciation endured in trying to see "It's Over" released has once again defeated me. Everything, it seems, has been done to make "It's Over" pass as quickly from human memory as possible, and a forest of cliche's will no doubt explain its unintentionally hilarious disappearance. When we first released California son, it was "It's Over" that received the most airplay, and the time was ripe to launch it as a single. But, no! Let the year pass and then dribble out "It's Over" amid an air of chilly silence. That's the way to do it! At least "It's Over" has achieved a full page in the manual of How Not To Release A Single. If it's any consolation to those of you who would like a copy of "It's Over" I should tell you that I have yet to see a finished copy of it myself. I live in knotted hope.

Sad times for a change, MORRISSEY."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/and-it-s-over-came-tumbling-after

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we are in 2019, and Steven is still moaning about singles/ albums sales, charts, not being invited to lip sync on Top of the Pops, radio airplay, record labels, and *insert any other archaic methods here*. Millionaire's blues, etc. f***ing embarassing.

Last edited:
Absolute whingebag. f*** racism. f*** For Britain. f*** Morrissey. f*** Morrissey defenders. And f*** anybody who buys this awful single.
If Its Over received airplay when it was released why would any radio station play it again now? Idiot.
And how about a comment on Britain electing a right-wing government that will ensure Brexit (with a huge landslide majority)?
Surely that's the best Christmad present you could ever have hoped for, Morrissey, or have you finally realised what a total and utter twat you've been?
A truly depressing combination of idiotic sentiments and shit grammar. Since when was the plural of cliche spelt cliche's? The record company should put Simple Steve out of his agony and drop him before the new album causes even more embarassment.
"my most proud single release". Yikes.
What a f***ing whiny little bitch.
poor morrissey, every wrong has been done to him
Whiny f***er, ain't he? All I'm hearing is WAH WAH WAH
Another Morrissey moan. If he's so keen on getting his music to his fans the option has long been available to him; self-release. If only he'd stop blaming everyone else for his own shortcomings.

To suggest Morrissey doesn't support the Conservative Party is laughable. He may claim not to but his outbursts paint a clearer, more vulgar picture. Let's not forget his endorsements of Farage who actively assisted the Tories and Yaxley-Lennon who has joined the Tories.

Morrissey is a right-wing bigot and for him It's Over.
Your comments are dismissed you Trump-alike fool. Morrissey vocally supports those that support the Tories. What does that say about Morrissey and his ever-increasing right-wing ideologies? Answer: it says a great deal.
But it's AWFUL. The singer, the musicians, the producer, every single one of them phoning it in.
Well, just like your career, it’s over.
Keep gasping till you choke on your own
purile drivel. This is England. Morrissey's no-longer-nostalgic colonial England. His right-wing England. Morrissey cheers his support of Farage, Walters, Yaxley-Lennon from the sidelines. Go stick your tongue up Johnson's arse. I can see from the shite at the end of your nose you've already fed from his gaping hole.
Goddamn this guy is the biggest f***ing pussy. We don't need to hear this song again. It was fine the first time around with Roy Orbison singing it. It sounds exactly the same but not as good, grow the f*** up.
Strange that shambolic releases occur with every label? There is a common thread if you could but see it.
Morrissey has morphed into a very strange, borderline creepy old fool. Never saw that coming, I thought he would be cool forever.
The single was probably a contractual obligation for BMG. No other reason why they’d release it. But I like the blue colour of the vinyl.
Steven, it's 2019 and you're still moaning about singles/ albums sales, charts, not being invited to lip sync on Top of the Pops, radio airplay, record labels, blah blah blah. Millionaire's blues, etc.
We don't need you.

Calm down skinny, you're clearly getting yourself in a tizz over this. Your tablets are on the window cill.

This is the problem with you; you have no self control & very little understanding of how politics & the real world work. You've become an idealist fascist bigotted bore. You've boxed yourself in to the left lunacy so you can't think straight, so you start with the nastyisms.

You just live in your own little bedsit bubble...look out thru your filthy net curtains & grime stained windows...there's the real world right there. Put away your 'vote labour' propaganda, the election is over, go & acquaint yourself with reality.

Oh btw, did you mean 'puerile' by any chance? Hmm thought so. You see how getting angry can addle the brain?

Now go take your pills & rest up.

Another c*** out trolling. Quick to correct while making mistakes. Cill, indeed.

What the f*** are net curtains?

Another right-wing Morrissey apologist. England is heaving with them. Now watch your chum Johnson f*** you all over.

Goddamn this guy is the biggest f***ing pussy. We don't need to hear this song again. It was fine the first time around with Roy Orbison singing it. It sounds exactly the same but not as good, grow the f*** up.
Moz's version is better in my humble opinion.

Whiny f***er, ain't he? All I'm hearing is WAH WAH WAH
It's probably ear wax. Your own voice can sound distorted and whiny.
Hopi ear candling's your only man for the job.
Best of luck, I hope it clears by Christmas.
No cure to offer for your whiny attitude though, you're the only one who can change you.
For your family's sake I hope you gain clarity in 2020.

Lovely little release. Delighted to get a copy today. Asked staff at hmv if they had it, they said no, had a wander round and saw two copies in some random place. No idea why they said did not have it. Unusual pricing for a 7 inch though.

The chatter on here about BMG dropping the ball speaks to the fact that present-day Morrissey fans are completely clueless, where record companies and contracts are concerned.

BMG fronted Melvis the money to record and tour. He owes them. If they don’t see a reasonable prospect of recouping, they’ll cut their losses and drop him.

NOBODY presses 200 copies of a vinyl release. The costs associated with mastering, pressing and distribution are prohibitive. It’s simply not worth throwing good money after bad.

Morrissey’s career, heretofore, will either be self-funded (snowball’s chance in Hell) or crowd-funded. Everyone knows he’s not going to spend a dime of his own money. He’ll spout some more half-baked, English nationalist nonsense from his villa in CA and then sit back while his lingering lap-dogs drop donations, along with PETA-tarts, the Yaxely-Lennon crew and any other in the tiny group of slugs that still remain.

Nobody has been more successful at uniting the dregs than Melvis. He’s the undisputed champion of the half-grin contract. He doesn’t care about causes or politics. He a seasoned, dirty rotten scoundrel. You give. He takes.

...and you get a Roy Orbison cover on fruit-cake coloured wax for your efforts (IF you raise enough collective funds).

Enjoy!

Another c*** out trolling. Quick to correct while making mistakes. Cill, indeed.

What the f*** are net curtains?

Another right-wing Morrissey apologist. England is heaving with them. Now watch your chum Johnson f*** you all over.

Oh Skinny, not as articulate, or learned, as you think, or wish to be, are you? I guess you google is broke, so just for you petal: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/cill

Get smart: stay sharp skinny!

Net curtains are those minging things you have against your grime covered windows in your bedsit to keep reality out of your shit little life...the ones you twitch. They were originally white but as you can't afford wash powder, & have low hygiene standards, they are now grey & infested with left wing ming.

I'd much rather be a majority right-winger than a left-wing-loon-loser apologist. You're in the minority skinny & I can't wait for Johnson to f*** you over & get you & your ilk to wake up. Bang go your benefits & your friends will be deported, thank f***. 5 years is a long time...

i
that's a right rogues gallery,wouldnt go for a pint with any of them.

No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't be asked abd you wouldn't be welcome.

You could ask Morrissey, Johnson and the rest of the white cabal. I think you'd feel more comfortable in the company of colonial Englishmen. Is it what you aspire to afterall, isn't it you half-arsed Scot.

He's difficult, but he's talented. Hating him is a total waste of time. Esp. about politics, where he's as contradictory as he always was.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom