Morrissey Central: "… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER" (December 20, 2019)

Moz on HMV showing of the It's over 7“

Adjustments_dcam7l.jpg

… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER.
December 20, 2019

"Making a thud similar to a dropped cabbage, some copies of "It's Over" have been spotted in a couple of HMV's - six weeks after its release date. My greatest vocal, my most proud single release … and nobody knows what to do with it. Roy Orbison would turn in his urn. The sheer excruciation endured in trying to see "It's Over" released has once again defeated me. Everything, it seems, has been done to make "It's Over" pass as quickly from human memory as possible, and a forest of cliche's will no doubt explain its unintentionally hilarious disappearance. When we first released California son, it was "It's Over" that received the most airplay, and the time was ripe to launch it as a single. But, no! Let the year pass and then dribble out "It's Over" amid an air of chilly silence. That's the way to do it! At least "It's Over" has achieved a full page in the manual of How Not To Release A Single. If it's any consolation to those of you who would like a copy of "It's Over" I should tell you that I have yet to see a finished copy of it myself. I live in knotted hope.

Sad times for a change, MORRISSEY."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/and-it-s-over-came-tumbling-after

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
you start your own 'record label' when nobody wants to buy your albums. when demand is 0.
prime example: Le Pew :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: who no label in their right mind would sign, scared he would make
yet more comet music with sucky guitar strumming :guitar: ( Le Pew doesnt know how to solo:() and the
:frogface: caterwauling:rage:

it would be simpler to take money and burn it. save yourself the money in driving the cheque over
to Le Pew.:relieved:

Le Pew prints them in the basement and then shames a few of the handful of useful idiots that
attend his tiny mini gigs into buying exhorting them by whingeing that there is no food for the band:smile:

I'd much rather be a majority right-winger than a left-wing-loon-loser apologist. You're in the minority skinny & I can't wait for Johnson to f*** you over & get you & your ilk to wake up. Bang go your benefits & your friends will be deported, thank f***. 5 years is a long time...
^THIS f***ing clown. Lol!

Congratulations on the lofty bar you’ve set for yourself and to those who share your limited grasp on reality.

I'd much rather be a majority right-winger than a left-wing-loon-loser apologist. You're in the minority skinny & I can't wait for Johnson to f*** you over & get you & your ilk to wake up. Bang go your benefits & your friends will be deported, thank f***. 5 years is a long time...

The left f***ed itself over.

In his daft way Morrissey accurately picked up the issues that were going to decimate us & now everyone is making the points he was trying to make.

There's method in his madness. Etc.

He should've started his own record company ages ago.[/QUOTE
Etienne? True - that was just a label, bending to his sensitivity and neediness. It really wasn’t HIS label, as he had no personal investment in it, any more than he has any other.

He’s about to Kickstart one, though. It’ll be the only way he can continue. It’ll represent one artist, who’ll release weak covers and elevator pap, with a coupon for free pablum. ...and YOU’LL pay for it. The recording, the pressing, the distribution, the house, the Mini with self-notifying bumper-sticker, the Kerrygold, the cashmere, the Bowie and Lou Reed albums for him to sell and sign, the shitty t-shirts for the band and the ridiculous cut-off he wears.

You’ll pay for it all and thank Melvis for the opportunity. ...because, in 2020, nothing will scream “take my wallet” like a witless rube who thinks Morrissey is going anywhere but down, in the final swirl.

Most bed-shitters quietly clean up their mess and get back to business. Melvis goes online and blames the world for his own incontinence, knowing that there are slugs who’ll pay his bum and toss in a few quid - just to feel like they’re a part of something.

I like the conversation that goes on around Morrissey but I've not been interested in his music for a a while. I like the phenomenon. I like what he's created. He stopped surprising me a long time ago. I like him. I've enough interest in him to last me a lifetime. If I'm honest, his output doesn't inspire me. But he still does. I'm more interested in Morrissey now, than his music. I still find him fascinating.

I'm the opposite. I love him as a writer. And a singer.

Although overcoming that level of dysfunction enough to get any work done is pretty impressive.

Moz stop moaning and whinging it's not a good look. You could always sign a few Roy Orbison original singles and sell them?

Last edited:
^THIS f***ing clown. Lol!

Congratulations on the lofty bar you’ve set for yourself and to those who share your limited grasp on reality.

I'll be having the last laugh on this one, skinny. Your response just demonstrates how clueless, desperate & deluded you are. Get your head out of your arse, son.

Clearly the majority share my views.
Did you see the election, btw?
You are the actual clown & everyone knows it...including you.

It's over, Skinny.
As ever, you're a minority; meaningless.

You'd be no fun on a night out anyway. Your ankle tag would start beeping and you'd have to run off back to Mummy.
I don't have an ankle tag and my dear old ma died ten years ago so that would make you wrong on both counts,i was out last night and had a great time,you should try it.

i

No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't be asked abd you wouldn't be welcome.

You could ask Morrissey, Johnson and the rest of the white cabal. I think you'd feel more comfortable in the company of colonial Englishmen. Is it what you aspire to afterall, isn't it you half-arsed Scot.
learn to write first, then come on here and try and be clever,have you got a degree in being a bore.

What, and spend his own money rather than someone else's? Are you a f***ing madman?
No. He should've taken matters in his own hands, instead of expecting a system to still exist, which doesn't really anymore. (By the way, your choice of words lacks respect. Don't do this, it is unpleasant and immature.)

The left f***ed itself over.

In his daft way Morrissey accurately picked up the issues that were going to decimate us & now everyone is making the points he was trying to make.

There's method in his madness. Etc.

Look, I've told you all before, Moz is prescient. He's been telling us all this for years & years, NOW everyone suddenly 'gets it'. FFS wake up people & at least give Moz the credit he richly deserves...but then again ppl don't like having the truth pointed out to them, do they?
They'd much rather make up their own version of the truth & spout that shit wherever & whenever they can.
The man Moz is a total genius in many, many ways. No wonder so many love him. He deserves more recognition for what he's given us.

learn to write first, then come on here and try and be clever,have you got a degree in being a bore.
^This is a serious sloth-like, reaching language call-out.

Not even an effort from this champ. Lol!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom