Morrissey Central: "… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER" (December 20, 2019)

Moz on HMV showing of the It's over 7“

Adjustments_dcam7l.jpg

… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER.
December 20, 2019

"Making a thud similar to a dropped cabbage, some copies of "It's Over" have been spotted in a couple of HMV's - six weeks after its release date. My greatest vocal, my most proud single release … and nobody knows what to do with it. Roy Orbison would turn in his urn. The sheer excruciation endured in trying to see "It's Over" released has once again defeated me. Everything, it seems, has been done to make "It's Over" pass as quickly from human memory as possible, and a forest of cliche's will no doubt explain its unintentionally hilarious disappearance. When we first released California son, it was "It's Over" that received the most airplay, and the time was ripe to launch it as a single. But, no! Let the year pass and then dribble out "It's Over" amid an air of chilly silence. That's the way to do it! At least "It's Over" has achieved a full page in the manual of How Not To Release A Single. If it's any consolation to those of you who would like a copy of "It's Over" I should tell you that I have yet to see a finished copy of it myself. I live in knotted hope.

Sad times for a change, MORRISSEY."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/and-it-s-over-came-tumbling-after

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like a charlatan because at the demise of the Smiths my heart wasn't really in it anymore. But then no music since, has really moved me. It broke me. I have trouble remembering everything that's gone since. There are still tracks that stand out. I'm sure I would still love his output after the Smiths but it was so much to live up to. I was too bereft to appreciate it fully. I shall have to reassess. I'm gonna have to have a Morrissey day. As I say, I love the man. I should perhaps try listening to him again.

Dale you owe it to yourself to get Moz back in your life. Have that Morrissey day & get to know the great man again. You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain. Do it!

I wish Morrissey wouldn't go on about how good his vocals are. Good vocalists are ten to the dozen. When he's in concert he constantly seems surprised and unduly enamoured by his singing voice. People can sing. People have nice voices. We don't want that we want people who can express themselves. He's losing himself in technique.

Sorry but you're talking shit now, Dale.

He, &/or whoever updates his website is forlornly posting YouTube videos now.

I love his camp whingeing.

Another c*** out trolling. Quick to correct while making mistakes. Cill, indeed.

What the f*** are net curtains?

Another right-wing Morrissey apologist. England is heaving with them. Now watch your chum Johnson f*** you all over.

Skinny read the writing on the wall: Must get a job.

People say he's singing better than ever as though it's a surprise that a vocalist can sing. Is he expressing himself any better? He was flat and morbid on The Smiths first album, but it resonated. Don't just become a singer Morrissey. Leave that to Robbie Williams (although I am listening to a lot of him now and I can see parallels!) Robbie has some great one liners.

nothing more than a parasite you.

Grooves.Land (came up with Google) say:

This product is expected to be released on Friday 10 January, 2020 and will be shipped by us as soon as it becomes available.

Free speech

Also on Amazon
  • Vinyl (10 Jan. 2020)
  • Number of Discs: 1
  • Format: Single
  • Label: Bmg Rights Management (Warner)
  • ASIN: B07ZW9PY8Q

He's difficult, but he's talented. Hating him is a total waste of time. Esp. about politics, where he's as contradictory as he always was.

Whatever you do don't call out a contradictory racist. Nerak wouldn't. She's difficult and untalented. Hating her could be a good use of time. Then again, all that energy on a single celled amoeba.

Look, I've told you all before, Moz is prescient. He's been telling us all this for years & years, NOW everyone suddenly 'gets it'. FFS wake up people & at least give Moz the credit he richly deserves...but then again ppl don't like having the truth pointed out to them, do they?
They'd much rather make up their own version of the truth & spout that shit wherever & whenever they can.
The man Moz is a total genius in many, many ways. No wonder so many love him. He deserves more recognition for what he's given us.

Prescient. He foretold his own racism then denied it. Nice trick.

The left f***ed itself over.

In his daft way Morrissey accurately picked up the issues that were going to decimate us & now everyone is making the points he was trying to make.

There's method in his madness. Etc.

Yip! There's method in racism. It's racism.

Why is he getting so upset over a shit cover from an album released in May? Does he really believe that anyone other than the die hard Morrissey fans would want to hear this? Releasing it literally serves no sense, at least from BMG's perspective, other than to massage Morrissey's ego and make him feel as if he is still relevant.

learn to write first, then come on here and try and be clever,have you got a degree in being a bore.

How brave you are despite the dead mommy. You're just a whitewashed English turd masquerading as a Scot.
I hope you, Johnson, Farage, Waters and Yaxley-Lennon enjoy your next white night out, maybe at Whetherspoons.

Look, I've told you all before, Moz is prescient. He's been telling us all this for years & years, NOW everyone suddenly 'gets it'. FFS wake up people & at least give Moz the credit he richly deserves...but then again ppl don't like having the truth pointed out to them, do they?
They'd much rather make up their own version of the truth & spout that shit wherever & whenever they can.
The man Moz is a total genius in many, many ways. No wonder so many love him. He deserves more recognition for what he's given us.

Yeah, you're right.

Yip! There's method in racism. It's racism.

If you weren't just a demented Morrissey hater, you might have noticed that the left is near dead because it lazily & arrogantly labelled every dissenter from its dogma a racist.

He's not. So, tough.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom