Morrissey Central (again): "Lady Willpower" (August 5, 2019)

Central restates the release information today:

"Saturday 24th August is the release date for Morrissey's next single/45, "Lady Willpower". The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", as recorded by The Love Affair in 1968."

"Tickets for Morrissey at The Hollywood Bowl (Saturday, October 26th) are on sale now. Interpol will open the night."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/238278-lady-willpower

Then an uncredited Iron Bridge image:

full

Perhaps digital first?
Since when has a single been released on a Saturday? The physical single hasn't appeared on presale sheets anywhere yet.
If the vinyl does appear on the 24th it will be the first single (rapidly) released without any decent preorder time for stores - which is odd.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooray! Another shitty single that everyone’s already heard and, rightfully, ignored.

Gonna be HUGE in Poland though!
Another shitty moaning minnie that everyones’s already heard and, rightfully ignored.

The photoshop image is lovely . I'm not sure it's cool him using JB. His comments over the last few years show he has little understanding of the man's words and message. JB would be no fan of moz these days.

It's telling that there are still tickets for sale for Hollywood Bowl, at least 3 days later. Not sure he can claim Moz Angeles, anymore . That was for days when Moz sold Hollywood Bowl
In less than 5 minutes. Or when he could still sell out Staples center and Hollywood high (only six years ago)

He barely sold out two nights two years ago at the Hollywood Bowl (empty spaces both nights)
Last year Microsoft theater.
Not sold out

Now only one night at Hollywood Bowl with a big name current band as support and still not sold out yet.
There were pre-sale in the middle of last week, there are special offers with signed items. All this and alot of tickets still to go. He also hasn't sold irvine or San Diego.

I'm not a hater, this is very bad. When will someone tell the facts. People like Sam, Jesse and even James are killing his career. His name will take 25 years to be credible again

Can’t disagree with any of that
But, don’t tell Neal Cassidy off her that, he’s only just jumped on the bandwagon and is desperate to be noticed and feel the good old days. The above will hurt. X

Who cares? Morrissey is racist and evil!

Ok, ok, I do! Still love him and really looking forward for the new B-side.
same here,cant wait to hear rainbow valley.

Can’t disagree with any of that
But, don’t tell Neal Cassidy off her that, he’s only just jumped on the bandwagon and is desperate to be noticed and feel the good old days. The above will hurt. X

Yes, the cult members are basic. Vegan, reel around.
They all say Moz is as popular as ever but you only have to check numbers and find out the history to see he isn't.

L O L :laughing:
It's too late Steve.
It's over.
Finished.:handpointup::handpointup::handpointup::handpointup:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

It's telling that there are still tickets for sale for Hollywood Bowl, at least 3 days later. Not sure he can claim Moz Angeles, anymore . That was for days when Moz sold Hollywood Bowl In less than 5 minutes. Or when he could still sell out Staples center and Hollywood high (only six years ago)

He's toured aggressively over the past decade in all the cities he's playing. These venues are also too damn big, even with Interpol on the bill. More importantly, fans pretty much know what to expect at this point, a little less than 90 minutes of stage time, comprised of a relatively safe and standard setlist. The set will likely be 80% of the set he's done over the past year, filled with his "statement songs" (WPINOYB, IYDLMDLAM, etc..), the same covers, and then some new covers, and maybe two or three new additions to the set to keep people interested. For casual fans who have seen him multiple times, I don't know if that's good enough to pay the sum he's asking for.

However, if Moz came out with a fresh, fan pleasing set on opening night, filled with songs we'd all love to hear (and ditched the ones everyone is bored of), you'd see the remaining gigs fill up nicely, and the Hollywood Bowl would sell out. But I don't see him doing that sadly.

However, if Moz came out with a fresh, fan pleasing set on opening night, filled with songs we'd all love to hear (and ditched the ones everyone is bored of), you'd see the remaining gigs fill up nicely, and the Hollywood Bowl would sell out. But I don't see him doing that sadly.[/QUOTE]
J

Agree with your message, Saïd the same thing earlier.

If half of his setlist consisted of Smiths songs, and the other half of early solo stuff, people would show up in larger numbers.

I'm against the general idea that it's OK to rape James Baldwin just because he's dead.

God, protect us from the idiots. We’re being invaded.
Quite. And they are trying to out idiot each other. Nevertheless they are roughly neck and neck, although the idiot above you perhaps deserves some kind of a special mention for going an extra yard (in the speaking utter drivel stakes).

I reckon that was Bill Russell at first with Air California Son throwing out another basketball nod photo op. Reckon The California Son was going full tilt on his current favorite thing to do while he is home in Moz Angeles...his over 50 LA City basketball league, but then I reckon he realized sales on the mporium uk would drop 99% this week if even hinted at really being American mates chipper curry tit c*** thick wacker inn nn nnnn n nnnn nnn nnnnnn n n it.

He's toured aggressively over the past decade in all the cities he's playing. These venues are also too damn big, even with Interpol on the bill. More importantly, fans pretty much know what to expect at this point, a little less than 90 minutes of stage time, comprised of a relatively safe and standard setlist. The set will likely be 80% of the set he's done over the past year, filled with his "statement songs" (WPINOYB, IYDLMDLAM, etc..), the same covers, and then some new covers, and maybe two or three new additions to the set to keep people interested. For casual fans who have seen him multiple times, I don't know if that's good enough to pay the sum he's asking for.

However, if Moz came out with a fresh, fan pleasing set on opening night, filled with songs we'd all love to hear (and ditched the ones everyone is bored of), you'd see the remaining gigs fill up nicely, and the Hollywood Bowl would sell out. But I don't see him doing that sadly.

That is simply not how it works. 95% of the people attending a Morrissey concert have no idea what the set-list will be - they will just be hoping for at least a few well known Smiths/solo songs. The percentage of people at these concerts that follow websites like these (and other online sources of set-lists) is absolutely tiny. The number of active members on this site is barely in the hundreds, and this is the world's biggest Morrissey/Smiths fan site. A good set-list is a nice reward but it has next to no impact on ticket sales unless you specifically advertised the tour as an album themed event (e.g. playing the whole of The Queen is Dead).

Bob Dylan has played like a rolling stone every time I’ve seen him. Not sure what the problem is unless one wants to see morrissey play an all Smiths setlist which thank god isn’t going to happen.

Bob Dylan has played like a rolling stone every time I’ve seen him. Not sure what the problem is unless one wants to see morrissey play an all Smiths setlist which thank god isn’t going to happen.

I pray to god that doesn’t happen too, Moz should never play a single smiths song, ever. His band arnt qualified to do those tracks justice. I’m sick of hearing them murder the tracks I love.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom