Morrissey Central: "Will I, Too, Die?" (7 August, 2019)

full

"Toni Morrison dies, and the universe loses its balance, and nothing ANYWHERE is ever fair, or shall be, or can be …

MORRISSEY
6 August 2019"

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/will-i-too-die

Last edited by a moderator:
She lived a long and fruitful life. Time will tell if she contributed to close the social gap or to deepen it. One way or another, she was talented and true to her ideals, a proper daughter of her time.

We all will die, but Morrissey will not die.

Morrissey probably doesn’t even know. It’s a “Hey, I’m not racist, look...” post.
Anyone who likes to read knows who Toni Morrison is. She won the Nobel Prize and Pulitzer amongst others.
Don't project your own views on to others.

Loss of accumulated wisdom and powerful expression. She received both a Nobel Prize in Literature and the Presidential Medal of Freedom which is our highest civilian honor in the US.

Last edited:
She was 88. It's sad, yes, but she's lived a hell of a lot longer than most people. There are kids dying or fighting for their lives in abject poverty who will never get the chance to read a book, never mind write one. A little bit of perspectice can go a long way.

As always, Moz manages to make it all about him and comes across sounding crass and self pitying. Everybody will die, books and music will live on.

As always, Moz manages to make it all about him and comes across sounding crass and self pitying. Everybody will die, books and music will live on.

Oh shut up , bitch. Who should he make it about, Gerald Ford? If you don't like him, go away. No one will stop you, trust me.

It appears that Morrissey is quoting himself from the liner notes of his 'Under the Influence' album:

"It is the terrifying power of the true pop artist, who seems to finally come into full bloom only at the hour of Death (as if Life is just not quite the point). Klaus Nomi, Nico, Johnny Thunders, Marc Bolan, Diana Dors, Joey Ramone, Charlie Feathers and maybe several other voices and players on this CD, all now rest with the martyred dead.
Will I, too, die?"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom