Morrissey Central: "Will I, Too, Die?" (7 August, 2019)

full

"Toni Morrison dies, and the universe loses its balance, and nothing ANYWHERE is ever fair, or shall be, or can be …

MORRISSEY
6 August 2019"

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/will-i-too-die

Last edited by a moderator:
She was 88. It's sad, yes, but she's lived a hell of a lot longer than most people. There are kids dying or fighting for their lives in abject poverty who will never get the chance to read a book, never mind write one. A little bit of perspectice can go a long way.

^:rolleyes:

But, how will not praising someone for their achievements help those less fortunate?

As always, Moz manages to make it all about him and comes across sounding crass and self pitying. Everybody will die, books and music will live on.
As always moz has enlightened me about a deceased person I never knew existed, in time I will dig into this “unknown “. Will books and music live on??? Depends if the Germans, catholic’s and other fools burn them or not

It appears that Morrissey is quoting himself from the liner notes of his 'Under the Influence' album:

"It is the terrifying power of the true pop artist, who seems to finally come into full bloom only at the hour of Death (as if Life is just not quite the point). Klaus Nomi, Nico, Johnny Thunders, Marc Bolan, Diana Dors, Joey Ramone, Charlie Feathers and maybe several other voices and players on this CD, all now rest with the martyred dead.
Will I, too, die?"
Well said... I’ve never heard that album, nearly bought it in his baron years,, what song did Diana doors sing??

As always moz has enlightened me about a deceased person I never knew existed, in time I will dig into this “unknown “. Will books and music live on??? Depends if the Germans, catholic’s and other fools burn them or not

Exactly. The losers on here whining about Morrissey and what he wrote instead of simply seeing one artist making known the work of another artist, in hope that like all art it won’t be forgotten with the passing of time.

It’s an artists perspective and concern, though I guess we can’t expect most folks on here to understand that.

It wasn't the praise, it was the over the top drama queen vibe which always revolves around planet Moz, 'the center of the universe".

Then how will not expressing himself in that way help the less fortunate?

As we can be sure he does his bit with charities particularly for animal rights which has a lot to do with this planet and the people on it.

Then how will not expressing himself in that way help the less fortunate?

As we can be sure he does his bit with charities particularly for animal rights which has a lot to do with this planet and the people on it.

Whenever you get a “funny” vote off me, consider it a negative.

Diana doors the British marolin Monroe, always thought she more beautiful than mm even in her latter years, when the weight was gained, she still had it, whatever it was.. she had it. DD had better parties than MM, MM was alwas asleep with tablets whereas DD was shagging and peeving all f***ing day and night. One thing about us brits we know how to party and stay alive at the same fecking time. DD can’t sing thought

It appears that Morrissey is quoting himself from the liner notes of his 'Under the Influence' album:

"It is the terrifying power of the true pop artist, who seems to finally come into full bloom only at the hour of Death (as if Life is just not quite the point). Klaus Nomi, Nico, Johnny Thunders, Marc Bolan, Diana Dors, Joey Ramone, Charlie Feathers and maybe several other voices and players on this CD, all now rest with the martyred dead.
Will I, too, die?"

Thank you! I knew I'd read that dramatic expression from him before but couldn't for the life of me remember where it was. I know it would bugged for hours...

I never believed in his passion for black people and black culture. It's not about them as such it is about him identifying with outcasts. His early comments on black music and black culture is the most racist things I've ever read.

Toni was a racist if ever there was one.

So far only the mexicans handed him money for flirting with him. Asians did not despite him flirting with a karate dude and the black fans still seem to prefer rap and big asses.

Hey Moz is you get ass fillers like the Kardashians maybe they will buy the next single.

Pump the plump!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom