MORRISSEY CENTRAL- World Love is All of Our Business

I never met George Best but I saw him climb the stairs in the Stretford End stand in May 1993 on the night United were given the PL trophy for the first time.

I only knew his cousin James and stayed in his house in Liverpool. A copy of George in so many ways and just lethal around woman of all ages.

LOL

Yay. More sucky photoshop hackery from the nephew -- anybody else notice that the more Sam gets involved, the further off the rails Morrissey's career seems to go?

It's not from his nephew. You know-it-all.

I have no love for the UK royal family. This, though, I think illustrates Morrissey's continual lack of continuity - say one thing / do another. James Maker recently tried to defend Morrissey as a "contrarian" and was suitably roasted. Either you hold a view or you don't. Views, of course, can change but at the rate that Morrissey is morphing will there be anything of him left come Christmas 2019?

He says this ...........

“I am not fiendish where the House of Windsor is concerned. …. I don’t feel the need to go on about it, and I wish no ill to anyone”. Morrissey Central, April 16th, 2018

But does this (in 2012) .....................

kate_2160350b.jpg

As you said, views can change. William and Kate were relevant in 2012. Remember this?

He never said he wanted any harm to come to them. So the only thing that changed was him saying that he doesn't want to bang on about them- which is, of course, reasonable. After six years, he's mellowed on the subject.

As you said, views can change. William and Kate were relevant in 2012. Remember this?

He never said he wanted any harm to come to them. So the only thing that changed was him saying that he doesn't want to bang on about them- which is, of course, reasonable. After six years, he's mellowed on the subject.

I don't catch everything because I AM f***ING BUSY, but I DO remember THIS and I remember thinking at the time: YOU GO STEVE. SAY IT AGAIN FOR THE PLEBS ON THE DOLE. I loved it. I love Steve.

Actually, it's a bit more than that. What he also said in the same 'interview' was: 'I have been invited to Buckingham Palace three times, did you know? Charles once sent a signed note. If I get a fourth invitation I will go. It seems rude not to!'

What this of course means is that he's thinking it would be nice to have an OBE or CBE sitting on his sideboard before he retires. I expect even he realises a knighthood is out of the question.

The Bruce Lee fascination came from the way he was dressed and when Moz came out as a fan I felt he was a bit nerdy cause martial arts and that is like geek central somehow. But it was great that he revealed he only liked the way he was dressed though I personally find oriental men to look silly in whatever they wear.

They are still stuck in the 90's boy band fashion and you only see them wear jeans that no one else wears that look a bit gay somehow. Like a silver crown on the back pocket and that.

This is just dumb. I think it would be best for Morrissey, Morrisey Central, Peter Katsis, Sam Etsy Rayner to all just go quiet for a while. No more interviews, no more Facebook/Twitter rants, no more cryptic messages and memes, just stop. This album cycle has been entirely drowned out by this nonsense. As was the last one, and the one before that. Every time Morrissey releases an album these days, the album is entirely eclipsed by stuff about Anne Marie Waters, Kevin Spacey, the mayor of London, Tommy Robinson, Chinese people, feuds with his label, and so on. You and he can blame the media all you want (and they certainly deserve their share of blame), but this is ultimately his own fault. He keeps doing this. Do you remember when "Spent the Day in Bed" was first released, and it was getting generally positive response and airplay, and then Morrissey started doing interviews and all of a sudden the music disappears and we're all talking about what he said or didn't say during the Der Spiegel interview. Just stop and give the music a chance to speak for itself: what's easy to forget the last few album cycles is that, imo, the albums have been GOOD. Not everyone here agrees, but I love all three recent albums and wish they had been able to get the attention they deserved rather than being subordinated to endless idiotic public pronouncements and controversies.

Actually, it's a bit more than that. What he also said in the same 'interview' was: 'I have been invited to Buckingham Palace three times, did you know? Charles once sent a signed note. If I get a fourth invitation I will go. It seems rude not to!'

What this of course means is that he's thinking it would be nice to have an OBE or CBE sitting on his sideboard before he retires. I expect even he realises a knighthood is out of the question.
You don't get his northern sense of humour although I would not be surprised if the royals try and keep their enemies closer. Haven't worked so far if that's the case.

The KENT singer Joakim Berg was given the highest medal by the swedish king but refused to go to the ceremony so they had to send it to his home address instead.

You think he was serious about that? I thought he was being facetious.

Yes, but let’s not bring Bragg up anymore in this thread please.

You should take a lesson from William, rather than pursuing your regular shit-talking modus operandi:

The people from your church agree
it’s not much of a career,
trying the handles of parked cars
Oops, there goes another year
Oops, there goes another pint of beer.

He’s “mellowed on the subject”? LOL! Kinda like mellowing on the “vegan” thing, with his cashmere and Kerrygold. This is clown-speak for the fact that he wasn’t getting the media traction he so voraciously desires. He’s rightly moved onto other things that he feels will keep him in print and on the television. It’s worked! He’s got an entirely new crop of “fans” who love and adore him. ...not for his music but for the racist, half-witted populism of their meme-educated, spoon-fed existences.

Hasn’t done anything for his ability to put out a decent tune, charts for more than 2 weeks or sell units - has it? ...except in Poland, where he’s STILL number 5.

Next, he might try claiming to be “happy and content” in his late-years. He’s “mellowed” on his loathing of the UK fox hunt. He’s positioning to follow up - in January - with a new album of pablum. Rumour has it, he’ll be on the cover - eating a veal sandwich - wearing a shirt that says “Top of the Chain”.

You don't get his northern sense of humour although I would not be surprised if the royals try and keep their enemies closer. Haven't worked so far if that's the case.

The KENT singer Joakim Berg was given the highest medal by the swedish king but refused to go to the ceremony so they had to send it to his home address instead.
I am northern :rolleyes:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom