Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

Re: OMG!! Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

I googled "morphine" and "breathing difficulties" :rolleyes: and morphine does cause them as a side effect... I doubt he's really taking morphine, isn't it a very strong drug? :confused:
But I agree, maybe he's taking some medication that caused this collapse...

I was at the Brum gig last night and posted a fairly unpopular review. It was not out of malice, i have been following him since the Smiths were formed.
But it was factually correct.

I was sat just a few feet from him at the very front on the raised terrace at the side of the stage. He looked overweight, unfit and ill and was certainly more restrained than I have seen him before, and way off form.

He specifically said "We nearly didnt make it tonight", but when shouts of "why?" came, he did not answer. He also quipped towards the end that "the morphine was kicking in". His voice noticeably detriorated at the one hour marker and he stumbled through to the end of "Pigsty".

Embarking on a gruelling series of dates when unfit is unwise. Doing so supported by morphine is madness.

Like all other fans, i wish him love, rest and recuperation to full health. In future a more realsitic tour schedule would also be wise.

i was one of those that disagreed w/ your review. after following him for more than 20 years, and finally seeing him for the first time i guess i didn't know the signs how he normally is live. i was delirious w/ excitement and to me it was an amazing show b/c i finally got to see him. but i guess to a person that has seen him before, you would know if he was acting more restrained than usual. i will agree that he did look unfit. but i thought he was into it, i guess not knowing having seen him before in person.
also btw, i was in the right terrace in the second row very near the stage. perhaps we were seated near each other b/c you were in the terrace as well!

I googled "morphine" and "breathing difficulties" :rolleyes: and morphine does cause them as a side effect... I doubt he's really taking morphine, isn't it a very strong drug? :confused:
But I agree, maybe he's taking some medication that caused this collapse...

I think only Michael Jackson had access to morphine outside of the hospital.
But yeah, that's what I was kind of wondering.

Everything else on this forum pales into insignificance apart from needing to wish him a complete recovery and registering total shock at what happened. I think he may be exhausted, no matter what else

Don't give up Morrissey, you're the sanest person on the planet

Thanks...I did see it earlier. I just wondered if he was on pain meds for something that might be related to what happened tonight.

If you scroll down here - http://www.drugs.com/morphine.html - you'll see that breathing difficulties can be one of the main side-effects of morphine. But what's the morphine for, though? One thing at a time, priority obviously being that he's getting the right treatment and making progress by morning-time.

will johnny marr visit morrissey in hospital?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek:

Is that all you have to say you dickwap? If so, what are you even doing on here? You don't have to make stupidly unfunny comments on a very serious subject do you, so why don't you just piss off and go eat your sausages

i was one of those that disagreed w/ your review. after following him for more than 20 years, and finally seeing him for the first time i guess i didn't know the signs how he normally is live. i was delirious w/ excitement and to me it was an amazing show b/c i finally got to see him. but i guess to a person that has seen him before, you would know if he was acting more restrained than usual. i will agree that he did look unfit. but i thought he was into it, i guess not knowing having seen him before in person.
also btw, i was in the right terrace in the second row very near the stage. perhaps we were seated near each other b/c you were in the terrace as well!

I was stage right, row A seat 7.

For other posters ,Morphine is a controlled "class A " drug normally administered for acute pain relief, always under medical supervision.

I was there tonight, it was more than a little worrying. He seemed pretty fine through the opening track, it was very sudden, but the looks on the band members faces and the fact that a roadie caught him before he hit the ground suggests they knew it was a possibility. Really, 2 things to comment on generally -

1. There was one complete asshole there who kept pushing people, perving and being an all round tosser. He was wearing a blue shit and was eventually stopped by a very big german man.

2. Which of you did I meet? You had a flat cap on (i think), pretty short and said you'd seen him 20 times. We were next to each other for Charming Man and talked for a while afterwards, before arguing with the German guy.

Just wanted to say I am appalled at what I've heard about people booing at the gig. The man collapsed for God's sake. What is wrong with people. I wish Morrissey all the best and hope it is nothing to serious.

So why isn't this HIM user banned? what a f***ing asshole. And is flame baiting against the TOS? is HIM friends with a mod or something?

It is saying on the BBC News website that he had breathing difficulties and was unconscious.
Thankfully though it also says his condition is now 'stable' after his admition to hospital.

anyone in the area know anyone who works at the Great Western Hospital? get some info.

Assuming he is okay - which, clearly, I hope with all my being that he is - I hope to f*** that he cancels the rest of this tour. No one wants to see an ailing Morrissey wobbled onstage and sweat through his set when he could be at home looking after himself and getting on track to resolve the health problems that have very obviously been bothering him for an extended period.

And yes, I have standing tickets for the RAH, yes, I have travel booked etc, etc. But I don't want to see a sick man damage himself for my entertainment. Why would I possibly desire a below par show from an unwell Morrissey who would be better served working on his well-being?

This.

I love you Moz.

Elton John has cancelled a couple of shows this week due to flu. It's a bad time of year to tour what with all the bugs and colds doing the rounds.

I was stage right, row A seat 7.

For other posters ,Morphine is a controlled "class A " drug normally administered for acute pain relief, always under medical supervision.

ooh ok i was row b seat 15. close then! great view

Tags
get well <3 h1n1 healing vibes hysteria lainey=boring plz be ok<3 we love you moz
Back
Top Bottom