Morrissey cover album

i'd like to see him dare to take on a timi yuro song preferably 'it'll never be over for me' and he's got to be wearing a black sequined suit jacket with a pink ruffled tuxedo shirt and a pair of a too tight jeans. dat shit would be hot.

I seriously, I mean seriously want him to do a nice, sexy version of Take Me Out to the Ball Game.

I'm totally serious.

I like to hear him do some Elvis Presley.

"My Way" -- he did a bit of it in Who Put The M after I requested him to do it on the old Quarry official site message boards. He is the only singer that could pull it off -- he is the song's heir. And maybe even with a few lyric changes like he did with Moon River.

Failing that, "It Was a Very Good Year". Just imagine it:

"When I was seventeen / It was a very good year"...when we know Morrissey's life at that age was anything but. It would be a powerful contrast.

"My Way" -- he did a bit of it in Who Put The M after I requested him to do it on the old Quarry official site message boards. He is the only singer that could pull it off -- he is the song's heir. And maybe even with a few lyric changes like he did with Moon River.

"When I was seventeen / It was a very good year"...when we know Morrissey's life at that age was anything but. It would be a powerful contrast.

I think you're on to something. That would be nice to hear.

Ok, don't shoot, but...I was actually thinking about a song called "2 shots of happy, 1 shot of sad" written for Frank Sinatra by...Bono & The Edge.

It's a great song.

is that "what'll i do" as in the theme tune to birds of a feather ? I have got a frank sinatra box set with that song on and if you can get the image of 2 fat birds out of your head it is a great song ! see my sinatra thread is gaining momentum!

i am replying to my own post !!! Moz obviously loves francis albert and sings his praises (as well as his daughters) in the hot press interview >. As Y.O.R is already recorded he could get the band (and an orchestra) back into the studio late july and have it out for the lucrative christmas market ! Imagine moz and .... nancy doing a version of "well did you evah" at number 1 for christmas . we can but dream (or scream)

I would step over my own mother to hear him sing that!!

I would also like to hear him sing, The Great Pretender by The Platters

I seriously, I mean seriously want him to do a nice, sexy version of Take Me Out to the Ball Game.

I'm totally serious.

I heard a ridiculous version of this today and change my mind. I think he should cover Kathy's Song by Simon & Garfunkel. It think it's a sentiment he could sing with true passion.

Yep, that's the one. I had a dream of him coming on stage and singing it acapella (ala My Way) until the bit where he sings the actual words "What'll I do" at the end of the second verse, as soon as he ends the word "do" the band kicks in with the intro to Every Day is Like Sunday. A perfect Subway Train/Sunday type segue methinks. Try it in your head - it works.

Amazing

TT

QUOTE=northernleech;899994]is that "what'll i do" as in the theme tune to birds of a feather ? I have got a frank sinatra box set with that song on and if you can get the image of 2 fat birds out of your head it is a great song ! see my sinatra thread is gaining momentum![/QUOTE]

I think he'd make a nice job of Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day'

The Sundays "You're Not The Only One"
Depeche Mode "Everything Counts"
Depeche Mode "Deaths Door"
Martin Gore "Stardust"
Martin Gore "I Cast a Lonesome Shadow"
Martin Gore "Loverman"
Mazzy Star "Give You My Lovin"
Mazzy Star "Blue Flower"
10,000 Maniacs "Verdi Cries"
Dead Can Dance "Fortune Presents Gifts Not According To The Book"
The Innocence Mission "Notebook"
This Mortal Coil "Til I Gain Control Again"
Nick Cave "The Weeping Song"
Nick Cave "Into My Arms"
Leonard Cohen "Heart With No Companion"
Leonard Cohen "Famous Blue Raincoat"
Leonard Cohen "The Window"
Heather Nova "Maybe An Angel"
Love & Rockets "Haunted When the Minutes Drag"
Pet Shop Boys "It's A Sin"
New Order "Regret"
REM "Everybody Hurts"
Jethro Tull "Fat Man"
Jethro Tull "Back to the Family"

I'd love him to sing some Depeche Mode and New Order, but I don't think he's keen on either of them. :( He hates Joy Division, which briefly turned me against him.
I'd like him to do a cover of a Clash song, perhaps Guns of Brixton. And another Jam song, maybe It's Too Bad or Monday. And he should do 20th Century Boy, seeing as he loved T. Rex so much (I know he did Cosmic Dancer).

I'm totally serious.

Talk about a seventh inning stretch :p And could he sing this while hanging out of the announcers box at Wrigley Field? kthx

What about Suspicious minds -Elvis, The man who sold the world -Bowie, If you don't know me by now -Harold Melvin, or Knocking on Heavens Door -Dylan?

sorry for my late reply ..have just returned from cork/dublin ( not the best shows if i am honest.. though on the subject of cover versions the buzzcocks one was a real highlight and enforces the momentum of the covers album) back to "what'll I do".. i can picture it in my head but alas we can but dream . at dublin he came back on for the encore and sang a verse of an irish ballad and it sounded great .. he certainly still has the voice but he does not has the motivation anymore . since he is now reprising his own songs he may aswell do the same to other peoples songs .. c'mon moz serve the servants !!

"The Crystal Lake" Grandaddy
"Panic In Detroit" Bowie
"Lighter Shade of Pale" Procol Harum

Another song I'd really love to hear him cover and think the band (with Alain on guitar, ahem) would do a great job of is Hazy Shade Of Winter. If nothing else it would help to erase memory of that piss-awful cover by The Bangles that was used in Less Than Zero (good movie nonetheless).

Tags
cover
Back
Top Bottom