Morrissey: Covers and Critics - new article by Fiona Dodwell

Saw new positive article

Morrissey: Covers and Critics - Tremr
By Fiona Dodwell

Excerpt:

The predictable newspaper articles come forward whenever Morrissey does anything, usually from the same stale suspects, where there seems to be an agenda to direct people from the music and towards half-baked criticisms and tired quotes from the mouths that journalists seem desperate to find berating words from.

Just recently, The Guardian have tried to undermine California Son before it has even had a chance to hit record shops and streaming sites: the journalists there were already standing with their pens and swords, ready to swoop in to attempt to make empty digs at the artist.

However, it no longer matters, do they not see that? For the articles have been coming from the pens of bitter journalists towards Morrissey almost as long as he has been releasing music – it's evident from the behaviour of the media in general that they do not like anybody who does not fit into their docile box of acceptable opinions and behaviours. They will have a long wait, it seems, if they expect him to change.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
good positive article.you wont see this on the main page.go on prove me wrong.

good positive article.you wont see this on the main page.go on prove me wrong.

All of these people fail to note the crumbling of Morrissey's fan-base last summer for the UK tour, when even the tiniest venues failed to sell their tickets.
A one-off aberration? Possibly. But I for one refuse to go and see him until he revokes his unequivocal support for the climate change denying, pro militarisation, reduce-taxes-for-the-rich, ugliness that is For Britain (Google their manifesto to read what these ghastly f***ers actually stand for actually stand for).
Spend more on nuclear war? Yes, Morrissey that's what they want.
Keep the poor poor? Yes Morrissey, that's the impact of their tax aspirations.
Nature is a language, can't you read? These f***ers clearly can't, Morrissey. Opposed to all environmental taxes.

All of these people fail to note the crumbling of Morrissey's fan-base last summer for the UK tour, when even the tiniest venues failed to sell their tickets.
A one-off aberration? Possibly. But I for one refuse to go and see him until he revokes his unequivocal support for the climate change denying, pro militarisation, reduce-taxes-for-the-rich, ugliness that is For Britain (Google their manifesto to read what these ghastly f***ers actually stand for actually stand for).
Nature is a language, can't you read? These f***ers clearly can't, Morrissey. Opposed to all environmental taxes.

FFS none of you unemployed twats pay taxes to begin with.:lbf:

The very definition of an apologia, from a right-wing goon who wrote Mozzer's liner notes.

The simple fact is he DID say all those things, so shut the f up. Nothing any defender will ever say will change anything.

:rolleyes:

Skinny, this was NOT written by Twat Halaam. Get your goons straight.:lbf:

Don't find any proof on their website that they deny climate change. Not stirring the pot, just asking where this is mentioned...

most of these twats are terrified they would have to get a job.:neutral:
they want to remain 'sorted millionaires real estate discount magnates':tiphat:
thats what they call themselves while exercising the elbow by lifting pints.:banned:

The very definition of an apologia, from a right-wing goon who wrote Mozzer's liner notes.

The simple fact is he DID say all those things, so shut the f up. Nothing any defender will ever say will change anything.

Your posts seem to contradict your agenda. I mean I thought you were pro-diversity, an intelligent person that welcomes ALL views, even if they differ to your own ?

Then isn’t it obvious to you by now that you won’t be changing anything or making a difference if anger is the only thing driving you to continue posting on this site.

Your posts only reinforce and in turn support those that post views that are in opposition to yours.

Just saying.

I think that - If the reason the last UK leg was cancelled was because of poor ticket sales - the tickets are surely priced too high. I last saw Morrissey in 2014 and I paid £65. I’m sure prices have increased since then.

Whether a tour makes it or not is down to people who are classed more as casual fans, who are regular gig goers who decide to go out to gigs dependant on whether they feel the cost is right

Last edited:
I think the reality is that no work of art is likely to pass The Asshole Test. Virtually everything you hold dear had someone fairly horrible involved in the making of it. Most people have a favourite Miramax or Weinstein produced film. What do you do? Is a fabled purity ever within reach? All you can do is acknowledge your innate tastes and indulge. To do anything else would be wholly unnatural. For myself I'll have to enjoy a nice hamburger before I head into the two Toronto shows. Save your life because you've only got one...

It is on the main page, in the media coverage section of the original Guardian article post. It's more of a direct response to the Guardian article so I feel is appropriate there, consistent with other main page articles of the past that have generated some media coverage. I considered it a bit borderline if it needs to be a main page article as I was not familiar with the author or source and the article didn't bring that much new, mainly just commentary by one person. Also, it was turned into a separate thread I monitored the responses and saw that most comments were not about the article itself.

Shouldn’t this also get a separate thread on the main page? Why does it take so long ?

‘The Guardian tries to smear Morrissey. Here’s why it won’t work - thepostmillennial.com’

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...tmillennial-com.143646/page-2#post-1987150181

The TRUTH SHALL PREVAIL !!!!

:rock: :cool:

[/QUOTE]

Joe ... intelligent... brave ....and on board.

:thumb:

I'm glad you Morrissey detractors aren't Bowie fans... otherwise you'd clearly be defending/excusing sex with 14 year olds.

I think that - If the reason the last UK leg was cancelled was because of poor ticket sales - the tickets are surely priced too high. I last saw Morrissey in 2014 and I paid £65. I’m sure prices have increased since then.

Whether a tour makes it or not is down to people who are classed more as casual fans, who are regular gig goers who decide to go out to gigs dependant on whether they feel the cost is right
i just hate these big sheds he plays now.bring back the town halls,so intimate.

Tags
california son info fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom