Morrissey day in Liverpool (Feb. 22, 2018)

Hi all, I thought I would post this link, Liverpool are having a Morrissey day on Feb 22nd, at the "British Music Experience" at the Cunard Buildings, which is perfect as I am going to see him in Leeds the following Saturday.

http://www.britishmusicexperience.com/whats-on/events/morrissey-day/

Morrissey Day!
While the musical legend himself is on another sell out UK tour, the British Music Experience is marking his long career by marking 22nd of February as Morrissey Day.

We will have on display part of the collection of Moz superfan Matt Jacobson, author of ‘Pieces of Morrissey: Adventures of the Moz Army’. This collection includes the shirt worn by Morrissey at his Liverpool Empire gig which was thrown into the audience and caught by Matt. We also have the T shirt that was worn by Morrissey in the Every Day is Just Like Sunday video, signed by the man himself. All this sits alongside our permanent exhibition celebrating the influence of Manchester music which features Stone Roses, Happy Mondays and New Order exhibits amongst others.

Talking of T shirts if you come to BME on the 22nd wearing a Morrissey or Smiths T shirt you can get 20% of the admission price.

All this and a Morrissey playlist featured throughout the day in our café, which will be vegetarian/vegan just for the day. Our brilliant BME House Band may pop up with a surprise Morrissey/Smiths tune or two throughout the day as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if the plastic pint glass that made him storm off in a huff will be on display?
I heard it was a full bottle of water(plastic) thrown at him after four songs. One suppossed muzak journalist quoted at the time Moz just turned 50, its not rock aand roll is it storming off the stage, but then he said if I just turned 50, would I like bottles of water thrown at my face...who would

It is slightly odd to be holding it in a city Morrissey is currently boycotting by refusing to play. Like holding a 'National Morrissey Day' in Canada.

I heard it was a full bottle of water(plastic) thrown at him after four songs. One suppossed muzak journalist quoted at the time Moz just turned 50, its not rock aand roll is it storming off the stage, but then he said if I just turned 50, would I like bottles of water thrown at my face...who would

He’d sung one song,went into Black Cloud, then what looked like a plastic pint pot of water hit his head. I was very close., and even I was convinced of that. On watching the footage, it was a plastic bottle.

He hasn’t played Liverpool since, but I don’t think these is a boycott. In 92 he played Manchester to a lukewarm reception. He didn’t play here again for about 12 years.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom