Morrissey death reports - hoax

thegoldenyear

A couple of us have just noticed this spreading over Twitter, from an account with more than 1.4 million followers, @themoment, which links back to a New York Times blogsite (http://themoment.blogs.nytimes.com/).

The "tweet" in question: "Is Morrissey really dead? Please tell me it's not true. It's what I am hearing! HS"

Time stamp is 12:15 a.m. EST.

A CLARIFICATION: the URL I provided is for the blogsite and doesn't seem to reflect the message posted over Twitter.

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey death reports: hoax or truth?

I didnt hear/read anything about this on yahoo, google, or bing. Not to mention, no matter how "relevant" the media feel Morrissey is/is not....they'd still report it.

I very much doubt it is true as so much rubbish gets put on the internet from some twisted people. I do hope to god it's not true though.

Whatever my blood ran cold when I saw this.

Last edited:

The biggest downside of the "twitter-age" is the mass amount of crap that could be spread, anyone with a few followers can create a mass retweet chain of misinformation. I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that some fashion blog would receive the word first of any important news regarding Mozz.

The biggest downside of the "twitter-age" is the mass amount of crap that could be spread, anyone with a few followers can create a mass retweet chain of misinformation. I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that some fashion blog would receive the word first of any important news regarding Mozz.

I've been on Twitter for 18 months, and I THOROUGHLY concur with you.

However: all the news that's fit to print, right? I owed it to the board to post it.

I've been on Twitter for 18 months, and I THOROUGHLY concur with you.

However: all the news that's fit to print, right? I owed it to the board to post it.

Haha, yes I'm on it too. It's worth having a spot here to discuss, aside from adding to the chain!

NOTE: buddy of mine who got to the Ear Sucker report before I did noted there was a picture of another man posted in place of Moz. By the time I saw it the blogger was using the Moz picture we see now.

I just checked the Sun- Guardian - Times Google - NME and CNN - no death reports ... :(

:rolleyes:

Panic has come over me

People can write all kinds of uncontrolled shit on twitter (or even on here), and would do anything to get a bit of fame and attention.

I just "discovered" him...!!! I know it is more of a hoax but it is disturbing nonetheless :mad::mad::mad:

You know you've arrived when there's a rumour of your death.
He will be pleased.

I'm not too happy that my first posts on a board I've been reading for a decade are about something I've "wasted" two hours on. There is NOTHING coming up in news feeds tonight. Moreover, it's not even a "trending topic" on Twitter, even though it's 2 a.m. eastern standard time.

Skoal's comment about a fashion blogger being the first person to deliver the news is a salient point.

Probably some dork making a joke about the bottle he took in Liverpool.

Last edited:
Tags
don't panic!
Back
Top Bottom