Morrissey doesn't give a shi.t about his fans

The best music is made by people who make music for themselves, not for their audience. That's why we're all here, and not on the discusson board for N'SYNC. Morrissey owes you nothing. You owe him nothing. Do don't have to buy his albums, he doesn't have to make them.

Were you expecting a little parcel in the mail ovre Christmas, thanking you for being a fan?

> Were you expecting a little parcel in the mail ovre Christmas, thanking
> you for being a fan?

Didn't you get yours? My card had a snowman on it. That Morrissey sure is a tease.

LMC x

STH you Geek. I have inside info that will BLOW your sox off.

Moz is a has-been if you haven't noticed(as of the last few years). He'd *better* start *noticing* his fans. You just remember this: No record company, no PR person, no press tours, no media whores, etc., etc. will get MORRISSEY any substantial number of NEW fans. I'm betting his new release(if it ever happens) will not include a top 50 hit(or a top 100 for that matter) or have ANY semblance of commercial appeal. ALL HE HAS IS US whether he/you/his people or anybody else cares. And if you don't agree with 100% of what I just said, you're living in a dreamworld AND you'll be able to get MORRISSEY's latest cd for mere dollars in the cut-out bin shortly after he releases it. Mark my words.

ADENA

I guess he doesn't owe "us" anything, BUT he owes himself a career(if he's smart). And we are it. Again, whether he, you or anybody likes it or not.
That's the simple fact. > The best music is made by people who make music for themselves, not for
> their audience. That's why we're all here, and not on the discusson board
> for N'SYNC. Morrissey owes you nothing. You owe him nothing. Do don't have
> to buy his albums, he doesn't have to make them.

> you for being a fan?

> The best music is made by people who make music for themselves, not for
> their audience. That's why we're all here, and not on the discusson board
> for N'SYNC. Morrissey owes you nothing.

Morrissey owes we a lot. Morrissey owes explanations to his fans, who are waiting for ages, and they simply can't get a good answer about his attitude towards music industry. WHY NOT some answer to his fans, who love him very much? Is it a crime? he really doesn't care at all.

You owe him nothing. Do don't have
> to buy his albums, he doesn't have to make them.

Well, so let's forget it all, and talk about another subject wich has nothing to do with love, with Morrissey. YEAH, that's it, let's forget this is a message board about Morrissey.

> you for being a fan?

We were expecting at least a message from him. HE DOESN'T CARE.

I just posted that to watch someone over react. Thanks for amusing me!

Morrisey has never taken a Marketing course. He needs to, though.

He sure does not.

he does not care about his fans. if you care to believe he does, then you are sadly mistaken. he has your money already. he never has to work again.
you all bought him his lifestyle.

he cancels concerts, pushes back his cd/vhs releases over and over again, cancells all sorts of releases, and so on and so forth. smiths sole official vhs release was a piece of complete utter garbage. no dvd releases of 10 year old morrissey videos(cept for oy esteban, which could have included SOME extras. I mean anything)he plays a game at your expense. think about it. i mean REALLY think about it. was it really all worth the hassle?

Morrissey, inconsiderate genius?

Artists who have little but a) a couple of barely recognizable hits (as far as the mainstream average joe is concerned) and b) a solid, loyal fanbase have usually made good use of the Internet by reaching out to their audience, from Slayer to Bowie. Even Johnny Marr does it.
Morrissey simply acts as if he were an eccentric millionaire who inherited his fortune and doesn't care about the world.
While it is his choice to be unresponsive, aloof or simply lazy, it would be a cruel, ultimately dumb thing to do; it takes about eight seconds to scribble a Merry Christmas note and pass it over to David saying "here, scan this and put it on your site".
For somebody who wrote extensively, marvelously about the permanence of artist/public emotional bonds (Rubber Ring, Half a Person, Paint a Vulgar Picture and so on, not to mention the Golden Lights cover), he seems to have gotten over us fans pretty fast.

I'M SORRY, BUT I AGREE

THIS IS MORRISSEY'S OFFICIAL SITE. HE NEVER POSTS HERE. NEVER THANKS US. NEVER WISHES US A HAPPY HOLIDAYS. HE TAKES THE MONEY AND RUNS.

EDGAR

> Artists who have little but a) a couple of barely recognizable hits (as
> far as the mainstream average joe is concerned) and b) a solid, loyal
> fanbase have usually made good use of the Internet by reaching out to
> their audience, from Slayer to Bowie. Even Johnny Marr does it.
> Morrissey simply acts as if he were an eccentric millionaire who inherited
> his fortune and doesn't care about the world.
> While it is his choice to be unresponsive, aloof or simply lazy, it would
> be a cruel, ultimately dumb thing to do; it takes about eight seconds to
> scribble a Merry Christmas note and pass it over to David saying
> "here, scan this and put it on your site".
> For somebody who wrote extensively, marvelously about the permanence of
> artist/public emotional bonds (Rubber Ring, Half a Person, Paint a Vulgar
> Picture and so on, not to mention the Golden Lights cover), he seems to
> have gotten over us fans pretty fast.

Re: I'M SORRY, BUT I AGREE

> THIS IS MORRISSEY'S OFFICIAL SITE. HE NEVER POSTS HERE. NEVER THANKS US.
> NEVER WISHES US A HAPPY HOLIDAYS. HE TAKES THE MONEY AND RUNS.

> EDGAR

I think we are disappointed because somehow Morrissey forgot his fans, and forgot how important he is for them. If you visit any other website, you'll find messages from bands and singers, sending positive messages, or little notes, because they know how important is a fan for a pop star. Morrissey seems to be allof, and seems that he doesn't WANT fans anymore. That's the only good explanation. Remember our messages to him, sending our love for his last birthday? Don't we deserve a little more of respect? And I agree, this IS the official site, and he knows that.

I'M SORRY, BUT I DISAGREE

> THIS IS MORRISSEY'S OFFICIAL SITE.

Is it? Where does it say that?

It is

Read your little book of knowledge.

> Is it? Where does it say that?

Re: I'M SORRY, BUT I DISAGREE

> Is it? Where does it say that?

Bill Gates says so. If you search msn.com it claims this is the official site.

I think it is be correct to say, though, that this is unofficially the official site.