morrissey frink thread!

🍎

[image removed due to copyright claim from photographer]

Last edited by a moderator:
he should just use this image as the front cover for every reissue from now on, surely that would please everyone.

;)
Not everybody, but(t) a large section of his fanbase for sure.
Shit, this reminds me so much of the cinema scene in the movie "Idiocracy":

THE FUTURE IS HERE!! And I don't like it at all.

São Paulo, 2 December 2018
📸snowy_ykhm on Instagram

:yum:
3ffcb9f5ad0044e7a892f960b62a247f.jpg

í used to have a large glossy colour poster from this session on the wall of my box bedroom. A soothing sight in the gloaming.

This is said poster. {Not mine. Those are not my knick-knacks. Or my creases. Both unforgivable.}

Morrissey 1990 poster.jpg

Also, Mr Leighton's work was deployed for a couple of Jon Savage interviews in 1989, one for the Observer in March {'London Section' only, so us provincial types wouldn't get it} and probably the same article, or amended, for The Village Voice Rock & Roll Quarterly later that Summer.

Quite a good piece, although you get alot of Savage for a smidgen of Steven...

Morrissey Observer March 1989 (i).jpg

Morrissey Observer March 1989 p1.jpg

Morrissey Observer March 1989 p2.jpg

Morrissey Observer March 1989 (iv).jpg

Morrissey Village Voice Jon Savage 1989.jpg

Pretty neat closing by Savage ~

"In his continued revenge on the world, he has delivered a series of epigrams which defines a marginalised England.
By that process, he has marginalised himself, but it's not a phase, it's his life "... ?

This is said poster. {Not mine. Those are not my knick-knacks. Or my creases. Both unforgivable.}

View attachment 58932

Also, Mr Leighton's work was deployed for a couple of Jon Savage interviews in 1989, one for the Observer in March {'London Section' only, so us provincial types wouldn't get it} and probably the same article, or amended, for The Village Voice Rock & Roll Quarterly later that Summer.

Quite a good piece, although you get alot of Savage for a smidgen of Steven...

View attachment 58936
View attachment 58937
View attachment 58938
View attachment 58939

View attachment 58940

Pretty neat closing by Savage ~

"In his continued revenge on the world, he has delivered a series of epigrams which defines a marginalised England.
By that process, he has marginalised himself, but it's not a phase, it's his life "... ?

If he doesn't see any politics or barriers then his 'outbursts' 🙄 are probably just him trying to ward off everyone else's politics & barriers.

Social life is hell.

I can't find anything about Morrissey & magic yet (closest is 'the carnivalesque') but he's surprisingly superstitious beneath all the social realist kitchen sink imagery. A lot of 'invective' is very like putting a curse on people or avoiding cursed people. And a lot of his self-loathing sounds as if he thinks a curse came upon him - even the idea that producers actively shun a person is like a curse (lots of factors go into picking - unfortunately for Moz, socialiabity is one of them).

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find anything about Morrissey & magic yet (closest is 'the carnivalesque') but he's surprisingly superstitious beneath all the social realist kitchen sink imagery. A lot of 'invective' is very like putting a curse on people or avoiding cursed people. And a lot of his self-loathing sounds as if he thinks a curse came upon the him - even the idea that producers actively shun a person is like a curse (lots of factors go into picking - unfortunately for Moz, socialiabity is one of them).

Karen, TPR here, among my myriad talents is a deep scholarship and understanding of the Tzolk’in Mayan Calendar and it seems our Steve was born on an auspicious day. He was born during 1 of 52. "portal" days.

I was also born on 1 of the 52 "portal" days.

We are special and I didn't make these rules.

tzolkin388x335_001.gif

Like the Nazca-lines in Peru, huge earth-diagrams and mystical patterns which can be detected by aerial view only, the pattern of Galactic Activation Portals becomes obvious only when standing far above time so to speak, looking at the entire 260-day mandala.

Looking at the red grid there are the two pyramids holding a diamond-shaped crystal. The upper one, standing upside-down, is drawing energy from the cosmic source, the lower one is providing security and stability from the Earth. In the center between the two pyramids we find a diamond-shaped pattern, symbolizing the divine seed, the utmost potential of creation, nurtured from above and below, from Heaven and Earth.​

Portal days are energy nodes between common Earth-time and Galactic time, time-wave intersections that facilitate the reception of cosmic knowledge. On Portal days, two distinct perceptions of reality are intertwined and linked together. It's the 28-day Lunar rhythm which intermingles with the Galactic heartbeat - causing for universal wisdom to spiral down into our day-to-day life.​

The frequency of Galactic Activation Portals is best understood as a tangible presence of seven-vibration, which makes life surprising and pregnant with meaning. Seven days it takes the Moon from one phase to the next. Approximately four times seven days lasts one full Lunar cycle. The four indicates the four elements (Fire, Water, Earth and Air) or the four directions: bringing energies into form, preparing the vessel for the seven to descend.​
If you add the numbers of the four corners of the Tzolk'in chart together you get 28. Continue to count four corners by moving diagonally towards the center. They always will add up to 28! Within an Earth-year (365.25 days) almost exactly 13 cycles of 28 days are contained.​
There is an interesting numerological connotation to the number 28: Lunar energy which vibrates to the number 2 (duality) meets Galactic energy, vibrating to the number 8 (the symbol of infinity). 2 plus 8 make 10 - symbolizing unity (1) and power (0).​

<I am a Galactic Activation Portal - Enter me…> Accept the invitation - a joker is given to you. The cosmos is inviting you to receive a great energy - to become a vessel for the divine. Let yourself be carried away - participate, flow with the river. To fulfill your destiny you are given access to a surplus layer of energy. There is important transformational work for you to complete in this lifetime. Feel grateful and honored to get support from the whole existence. - When you have found the courage to trust life, when you take on the challenges existence offers you in order to develop necessary skills and talents, when you have learned to enjoy surfing waves far bigger then you, when you can allow to be possessed by life itself - then you have become an invitation yourself - a Galactic activation portal - wide open, for anybody to enter through you.

Back
Top Bottom