Morrissey has gone too far this time!!!

Having read then digested the statement on TTY - lets be honest, most of you commented without due reflection and I on the other hand, I can state quite factually that Morrissey has gone too far this time!!!

I am not refering to his review of Capote, because anyone who has seen that film knows it is grade 1 twaddle, oh no its this "beauty"...!

When I put him on the cover of the Smiths single 'The Boy With the Thorn In His Side' a certain member of the Smiths (who unfortunately is still alive) said, "is that Ernie Wise?" .... dear God ...

Unfortunatley still alive!!! disgusting!!! apart from owing his fame and fortune to Marr, Joyce and Rourke he also owes a large debt of gratitude to all of the aforementioned!

Moz grow up, pay up and stop whining, I really wish my life was as simple as yours that this misplaced grievance can fester for decades! Apologise and move on you big baby!

Well I said my piece and although I know I won't have a single person agree with it, deep down you know I make sense!

Reg

Last edited:
Why this time? Morrissey has threatened death and wished for plenty of people's deaths before. What makes this one so more terrible than the others?

:D

I am unaware that Moz has called bayed for the death of a fellow Smith 'til now...

Moz owes those lads big time and its about time he realised that, he really has overstepped the line!

Shameful!

Reg

Having read then digested the statement on TTY - lets be honest, most of you commented without due reflection and I on the other hand, I can state quite factually that Morrissey has gone too far this time!!!

I am not refering to his review of Capote, because anyone who has seen that film knows it is grade 1 twaddle, oh no its this "beauty"...!

When I put him on the cover of the Smiths single 'The Boy With the Thorn In His Side' a certain member of the Smiths (who unfortunately is still alive) said, "is that Ernie Wise?" .... dear God ...

Unfortunatley still alive!!! disgusting!!! apart from owing his fame and fortune to Marr, Joyce and Rourke he also owes a large debt of gratitude to all of the aforementioned!

Moz grow up, pay up and stop whining, I really wish my life was as simple as yours that this misplaced grievance can fester for decades! Apologise and move on you big baby!

Well I said my piece and although I know I won't have a single person agree with it, deep down you know I make sense!

Reg

yawn
how far is too far? for goodness sake, moz is free to go as far as he likes , i loved reading what he posted on tty and i'll look forward to reading some more.
if you don't like what he says then by all means don't bother reading him.

I think what's funny about the comment is that 99% of all Smiths fans (myself included, when I first saw the single sleeve at the tender age of 14) wouldn't have known it was Truman Capote either. The guesses as to the identity of the leaping boy on the cover would make for a nice comedy segment a la Jay Leno.

Anyway, did Morrissey go too far? Please. That boat sailed decades ago. Thank God.

Yep, the too far comment was laughable. If you're shocked by what our man has to say about Mike Joyce by now then you really must have had your head in the sand for a very long time. Moz owes him big time??? He was a half decent drummer but in what way did you rationalise that comment? And I say that as first and foremost a Smiths fan.

I liked Capote, cracking performance from a cracking actor.

This was my favourite TTY journal yet. I thought he could have been a little kinder to the Magic Numbers, did he have to say anything? They were after all very complementary about him. Even so, it was still a very entertaining read.

yawn
how far is too far? for goodness sake, moz is free to go as far as he likes , i loved reading what he posted on tty and i'll look forward to reading some more.
if you don't like what he says then by all means don't bother reading him.

the only time worth reading statements from morrissey is when he goes too far!
god love him :D

You lot are too predictable!!!

I knew nobody would agree with me, I even stated that at the outset...

but yes Moz went too far, Moz may be a great lyricist but even he admits he doesn't have a musical bone in his body!

secondly ever heard of a little thing called gratitude? no? well neither has he!

I am still his biggest fan of course!!! that goes without saying...but I do have to introduce a reality check now and again!

Reg

We knew you still loved him, Mike... And yes, maybe some of us do agree with you, but now is not a good time to say it because he's visited the boards today, you see ;)

Re: I am unaware that Moz has called bayed for the death of a fellow Smith 'til now...

Moz owes those lads big time and its about time he realised that, he really has overstepped the line!

Shameful!

Reg

You're either Joyce - in which case, step away from the computer and go out and spend some of those hard-stolen royalties - or you desperately need to find a more worthy cause to get het-up about.

Re: You lot are too predictable!!!

but yes Moz went too far, Moz may be a great lyricist but even he admits he doesn't have a musical bone in his body!

One could easilly say the same thing about Joyce too, what with him being a drummer.

And not even a particularly good drummer, and to suggest that the Smiths and Morrissey would have not found success without him is laughable.

Mike, it's good to see you too!
You are evil, woman, evil!

I knew nobody would agree with me
For what it's worth, I agree with you, but not because Morrissey owes him anything - I don't know much about The Smiths' history, to be honest. I just find wishing death on anyone (other than terrorists, child molesters, etc.) truly appaling. I'd take it lightly - everyone jokes about this sort of thing now and then - if it wasn't such a habit with him. Sadly, I think he means it.

You are evil, woman, evil!

For what it's worth, I agree with you, but not because Morrissey owes him anything - I don't know much about The Smiths' history, to be honest. I just find wishing death on anyone (other than terrorists, child molesters, etc.) truly appaling. I'd take it lightly - everyone jokes about this sort of thing now and then - if it wasn't such a habit with him. Sadly, I think he means it.

Hmmm, is it Vodka and red bull in your bowl Mr fish! :)

We can only judge words - without really knowing what's hiding behind them. One can personally think that Morrissey's "malicious" thoughts towards Joyce are harsh but he/she can think that only on the basis of few sentences without knowing what caused them to surface. We don't have the minutes of the trial. We don't know anything about the way they handled their internal business. We have only a few hints on how their personal relationship developed and crashed. These fact (or should I say, the lack of them) are simply not sufficient for us to say that Moz pushed the envelope a bit too far. I can only say that pushing the envelope is the reason why I fell for him in the first place.

Personally, I am not the type of person to say "who's sadly still alive" or "I wish he ended up in an M3 pile up" in public but, then again, that's one of the reasons why you're not wasting your days analysing and discussing me instead of him. On another hand, I never had anyone harass my family, bringing police to their house and trying to kick them out - and Joyce did that to Morrissey and that's simply unforgivable, regardless of the reasons. In that respect I think I can see where Moz comes from with all these harsh but still pretty harmless remarks. It's not like he hired a hitman, he just verbalised a sarcastic thought and that's still supposed to be allowed, at least in those countries we're deluted enough to consider civilised.

Back
Top Bottom