Morrissey I'm not a dog on a chain NME review 3/5

It's good.

I dispute that he's urging someone to kill themselves & I wish they'd lay off thinking his political opinions are any worse than anything else going on. And I LOVE River Clean.

But, still, at least they've acknowledged that For Britain is nothing & not worth shunning him for.

Because it really isn't.

He'll be back in favour in a couple of years.

A fair, balanced (maybe), review from the NME, of all publications!

Disappointed to hear about the second half of the album is weaker, although this is no surprise as that has been the case with WPINOYB and LIHS. However, good things from this album judging by the reviews so far.

A fair, balanced (maybe), review from the NME, of all publications!

Disappointed to hear about the second half of the album is weaker, although this is no surprise as that has been the case with WPINOYB and LIHS. However, good things from this album judging by the reviews so far.
I’ve heard 2 songs in full from the 2nd half of the album and love both. It’s all about opinions, isn’t it.

I’ve heard 2 songs in full from the 2nd half of the album and love both. It’s all about opinions, isn’t it.
True, true. I always felt, due to their political nature, both WPINOYB and LIHS should have been merged as one album, knocking off the weaker tracks.

Yeah, I don't think I share his taste on that score.

I think the Latin American influence is cheesy to most UK ears at first, so I understand that objection (though it's ironic when you consider that reviewers think it's Moz who is dissing other cultures, as they pine for the all-white, uber-Old-Manchester The Smiths).

I wouldn't dare cross the twittermob line - what if Billy Bragg cancelled me?

Yeah, I don't think I share his taste on that score.

I think the Latin American influence is cheesy to most UK ears at first, so I understand that objection (though it's ironic when you consider that reviewers think it's Moz who is dissing other cultures, as they pine for the all-white, uber-Old-Manchester The Smiths).

I can’t rate things but yes it is amusing. There’s a lot of contradictions In morrissey world

Oh, Photo - all the people trying to piously separate The Smiths from Morrissey are going to look like prats.

Moz is riot of marginal/oppressed identities & associations, now more than ever - the rest of them, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t rate things but yes it is amusing. There’s a lot of contradictions In morrissey world

It's why he's so great & moralising about him is so hopeless, he's not capable of NOT being a contradiction. He's maelstrom. Anyone with any sense would enjoy him for what he is, instead of trying to pin him down.

It's why he's so great & moralising about him is so hopeless, he's not capable of NOT being a contradiction. He's maelstrom. Anyone with any sense would enjoy him for what he is, instead of trying to pin him down.

He's not a dog on a chain...

Avant garde sounds accurate though.
We are all in our forties early fifties, do you think that 80s synths is avant garde, though ?
It sounds like Jamoroquai or Lynny Kravitz per moments?

Is Mark Beaumont the jounalist who wrote that Keith Richards listened to Motorhead whereas Keith had mentioned him Mozart instead ... Dilletante journalism is painful

Yes it is interesting and really I meant seeming contradictions but I wasn’t talking about morrissey there or just morrissey but rather the comment about fans and white indie guitar music. I’m not against it or for it it was just funny and made me think that even in the broader morrissey world, not just morrissey himself, that seeming contradictions abound seemingly everywhere. It must be part of the brand

He's not a dog on a chain...

He isn't & I love him for it.

Though I wish he'd blast them with 'I'm a working-class, non-grad, bisexual, Ist Generation Immigrant, Irish Catholic, provincial, mentally unstable, social misfit with gender dysphoria, so fku'.

If we didn't have all the other evidence, The Monstering of Morrissey alone, would prove how bloody stupid 'The Left' has become.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom