Morrissey in a reasonably priced car

Librarian On Fire

I must admit I've come to like watching "Top Gear". I never thought I would, but with it being on at 5.15pm on a Sunday afternoon it is perfect to sit and chuckle to while having a drink.

Like most people who watch I would love to have a go around the racetrack, but I know this would never happen. I think as Jeremy chats to celebrities who have taken part in the challenge around the track in a reasonably priced car that I would love to see Morrissey take part.

I'm smart enough to know that Morrissey probably doesn't like Jeremy Clarkson very much. Jeremy wouldn't be much of Mozzer fan. Jeremy is probably up there with Jamie Oliver as much despised people in England. So I will never see Morrissey go through Chicago, Hammerhead and see his lap time. Pity really, because with all those cars that Morrissey owns he must be a good driver by now.

I work with a woman who's husband is friendly with Morrisseys Dad (and his second wife). She told me that Morrissey gave his Dad a VW Golf Sports car, many years ago. Perhaps Mr Morrissey Sr gave the engine a good run out on the streets of Salford? ;)

I work with a woman who's husband is friendly with Morrisseys Dad (and his second wife). She told me that Morrissey gave his Dad a VW Golf Sports car, many years ago. Perhaps Mr Morrissey Sr gave the engine a good run out on the streets of Salford? ;)

You haven't told the whole story.
After getting VW Golf from his successful son, the car had been stolen.

It was, I'd forgot about that Kewpie. Your memory is better than mine! I imagine that it did get a good run around Salford then?

I seem to recall that I was told that he gave him his fridge as well?

It was, I'd forgot about that Kewpie. Your memory is better than mine! I imagine that it did get a good run around Salford then?

I seem to recall that I was told that he gave him his fridge as well?

Sure, it would have been.

Keep asking your colleague about M Sr if he got more presents from his son. :)

It sure is a small world.

But I wouldn't fancy it as a kidney stone.

I must admit I've come to like watching "Top Gear". I never thought I would, but with it being on at 5.15pm on a Sunday afternoon it is perfect to sit and chuckle to while having a drink.

Like most people who watch I would love to have a go around the racetrack, but I know this would never happen. I think as Jeremy chats to celebrities who have taken part in the challenge around the track in a reasonably priced car that I would love to see Morrissey take part.

I'm smart enough to know that Morrissey probably doesn't like Jeremy Clarkson very much. Jeremy wouldn't be much of Mozzer fan. Jeremy is probably up there with Jamie Oliver as much despised people in England. So I will never see Morrissey go through Chicago, Hammerhead and see his lap time. Pity really, because with all those cars that Morrissey owns he must be a good driver by now.

Just out of genuine curiosity, why is Jamie Oliver one of the most despised people in England? Too much faux affability or something? Not because of his excellent campaign for having actual food served in school canteens, I hope?

His recipes are very good, I find.

cheers

I haven't heard/ seen that story. Have you got a soure or other reference.
Some years ago I bought a Golf (GB)/ Rabbit (US) convertible, and I think the idea that Morrissey once might have had something similar was rather attractive. Something in me now wants a "J.A.G" of any kind. They always were a cut above. Not so keen on the Porsche 911 - as seen in the Brit Girls series. And now that XK's are less than £5k they are almost reasonably priced. :rolleyes:

I haven't heard/ seen that story. Have you got a soure or other reference.
Some years ago I bought a Golf (GB)/ Rabbit (US) convertible, and I think the idea that Morrissey once might have had something similar was rather attractive. Something in me now wants a "J.A.G" of any kind. They always were a cut above. Not so keen on the Porsche 911 - as seen in the Brit Girls series. And now that XK's are less than £5k they are almost reasonably priced. :rolleyes:

According to Brel who used to live in the same street of M Sr, Morrissey gave him VW Golf which had been stolen by joy riders.

It is not published in NME / other newspapers because Brel coinsidentally lived in the same street of his father, heard it from his neighbours.

Just out of genuine curiosity, why is Jamie Oliver one of the most despised people in England? Too much faux affability or something? Not because of his excellent campaign for having actual food served in school canteens, I hope?

cheers

All that is now served in schools is meat! I work in a large high school. There's a veggie option whereas there used to be many. Why?
Fruit and Vegetables are too expensive. The new meals are boring so the pupils don't eat so the canteen don't make enough money.
Before the professional butcher Oliver interfered there were healthy meals as well as chips. The chips made money so fruit and veg was affordable now we it's none existent. If Oliver really care about the health of the nation than fruit and veg would be free as they are necessities.

According to Brel who used to live in the same street of M Sr, Morrissey gave him VW Golf which had been stolen by joy riders.

It is not published in NME / other newspapers because Brel coinsidentally lived in the same street of his father, heard it from his neighbours.

No. I work with a woman who's husband knows Morrisseys Dad and his second wife. They used to work together and are still in touch. Although his Dad lives fairly near to where I live, we are not neighbours or anything like that.

Where I live is much smarter :D

No. I work with a woman who's husband knows Morrisseys Dad and his second wife. They used to work together and are still in touch. Although his Dad lives fairly near to where I live, we are not neighbours or anything like that.

Thank you very much for the correction.

Good to know you live in a posh area of Manchester. :cool:

In America we have a show on Sunday evening called 60 Minutes that does about three stories on relevant issues and treats them mindfully. It's a very respected show. Last week I watched the clip on Jane Goodall today, what she's up to. THe story after hers was on this show, Top Gear, but I couldn't watch it, I had to get to the house I was sitting. It looked fascinating though. My point is that brainier Americans were exposed to this show last week.

cheers
I'm sure there are several reasons to despise Oliver but for me the top reason has to him murdering a goat (or was it a lamb? I didn't watch it) for his stupid tv programme.

All that is now served in schools is meat! I work in a large high school. There's a veggie option whereas there used to be many. Why?
Fruit and Vegetables are too expensive. The new meals are boring so the pupils don't eat so the canteen don't make enough money.
Before the professional butcher Oliver interfered there were healthy meals as well as chips. The chips made money so fruit and veg was affordable now we it's none existent. If Oliver really care about the health of the nation than fruit and veg would be free as they are necessities.

Because everything we eat now is made from corn.
Even the fruit is probably canned in syrup made from high fructose corn syrup (HFCS).
Cows and chickens which by nature are grazers eat corn because they don't want to die of starvation and that's what they get.
Most bread these days has HFCS. Most drinks to unless they are diet drinks.

Jeremy Clarkson & Morrissey.

One is an intelligent guy sadly known to many through a series of controversial quotes in the press.

Oh wait, no. Both of them are.

They'd get on like a house on fire.

Sure, it would have been.

Keep asking your colleague about M Sr if he got more presents from his son. :)

Thank you very much for the correction.

Good to know you live in a posh area of Manchester. :cool:

Kewpie, it all makes sense now. I see how you do it. You read a story, add a bunch of stuff (eg, Brel lived in the ame street, heard it from his neighbours etc) for either the sheer fun of it or because you don't read it correctly then re-tell the story with an authoritative tone. Unlikely the latter in this example as you repeat that the source is Brel's colleague. It's like you are playing a solitary game of Chinese whispers.

If on the odd chance you were corrected, you'll say thank you and then more than likely repeat the original conception at a later stage should the occasion arise. No one will be around to correct you and when asked to provide a source for your comments, you'll ignore them.

Now, can I get a source for your claim that Morrissey no longer wears leather?

Back
Top Bottom