Morrissey in Brazil

Re: booooooooo

How many rude things wrote in an innocent thread. Well, I believe everybody is welcome in Brasil, I hope those who come will enjoy this country.
For what I saw, it all began with a misunderstanding about Brazilian wax, is it so? Come on, this is silly!
Our Irish friend, I invite you to share some beers in Rio, Guinness if you want.
Carnival is also great, a show of creativity that should make every Brazilian proud. A pity it doesn't.
This Moz show in Rio will be my third one. I've been to Rio'2000 and Hull'09. Both were great, but I think now more people know Moz repertoire - in 2000, he had to bare the audience shouting "Bigmouth!" during all the gig. Smiths' still much more famous, but many peoplegot interested in Moz solo carreer since then.
I big problem, imo, is the ticket price. Here in Rio the less expensive costs 200 reais, about 120 dollars. I remember in Hull it costed me about 35 pounds.

True enough, not so nice, preventable somewhat though perhaps if Raphael Lambach & co had kindly corrected our misperceptions, which however of course they don't have to do.

A few months ago I saw an amazing singer in Dublin at an event hosted by the Brazilian embassy: Naomy Scholling, presenting an exquisite medley of the country's music spanning the past century - http://naomyscholling.blogspot.com/

Also new species have recently been found in surrounding areas to great excitement in the world of naturalists - http://www.dawn.com/2012/01/27/suriname-forest-reveals-46-new-species.html

How I'd like to go there! I hope those attending the concerts will be thrilled and report later. : )

Actually we are sooooooo far from Suriname (thanksgod! Once I've been in Belem, closer to Suriname, and the weather is absurdelly wet, simply unbearable!). Belo Horizonte, SP in Rio are located around the tropic, while Suriname is northern from Equator line, from there you can figure the distance.

One last word, about Brazilian wax!
From time to time, my wife does it! No, she's not that hairy (damn!). Here it costs, well, I don't know exactly, but I guess less than 100 dollars. In Rio we have beaches, it's hot, women dress bikinis and it wouldn't be cool to have hairs appearing.
No, she doesn't "wax" them all.
They say that wax is good also because hair doesn't grow again as fast as it does when just shaved.

I'm going to Brazil!

I'm off to Rio tomorrow! Hubby surprised lil ol me with tickets to the concert in Rio and Sao Paolo!!!!

Meeting my friend, João, who's going to be taking me around the sites as my spanish isn't the best!

See you soon Raphael ;) Let's get some paella!!

-Ms. V.G.

Re: I'm going to Brazil!

Fisrt of all: in Brazil we don't speak Spanish.. we speak Portuguese.

Are you kidding or only being ignorant? Paella is from spanish countries...

Will you go to Rio and São Paulo?
Tehn I'll go to Belo Horizonte.

Re: I'm going to Brazil!

Make sure to post a picture of yourself at Sugar Loaf mountain!

Tour - brazil

HELLO,

first of all, sorry for the HORRIBLE english haha :)

i'm a huge morrissey fan and im going to his show at são paulo - brasil on march, 11.

i'd like to know if you guys have any information about the hotel he may be hosted here.

he took pictures with fans on argentina and also in brazil, but in another state, so im really trying to find out what hotel he'll be here, so i can take pics, or at least an autograph ;)

the problem about são paulo is that we have LOTS and LOTS of fancy hotels so i have no clue where he'll be.

please please please, if you have any information, contact me. thaanks!!!!!!!

Re: Tour - brazil

I don't think anyone here has an idea. Maybe a Hyatt or a Ritz, which are the ones that he stayed in when he was in Chile. Anyway, it will be all over the newspapers in Sao Paulo I think, so pay attention. If I read something I'll let you know.

Cheers and enjoy the concert, It will be great!!

HELLO,

first of all, sorry for the HORRIBLE english haha :)

i'm a huge morrissey fan and im going to his show at são paulo - brasil on march, 11.

i'd like to know if you guys have any information about the hotel he may be hosted here.

he took pictures with fans on argentina and also in brazil, but in another state, so im really trying to find out what hotel he'll be here, so i can take pics, or at least an autograph ;)

the problem about são paulo is that we have LOTS and LOTS of fancy hotels so i have no clue where he'll be.

please please please, if you have any information, contact me. thaanks!!!!!!!

One last word, about Brazilian wax!
From time to time, my wife does it! No, she's not that hairy (damn!). Here it costs, well, I don't know exactly, but I guess less than 100 dollars. In Rio we have beaches, it's hot, women dress bikinis and it wouldn't be cool to have hairs appearing.
No, she doesn't "wax" them all.
They say that wax is good also because hair doesn't grow again as fast as it does when just shaved.

Thanks Marcos! I don't think I'd have time to get one before I leave for Rio!

Ms. V.G.

Morrissey in Belo Horizonte.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
brasil brazil sao paulo
Back
Top Bottom