Morrissey interview in Diverta-se (Brazil)

another interview emerged -from another BRAZILIAN newspaper
thanks to julie and meg

Morrissey defende o poder das pessoas e ataca os políticos, a família real inglesa e a imprensa - Diverta-se

Translation via Google thanks to Meg's wonderful FB page: "Mozzerians of the world, unite and take over":

- You've said several times you did not expect to live long enough to re-record a record. It is a great paradox of not having a contract, as it has a very strong fan base. As a composer, don't you feel like writing again, because there are options that are independent of a label?

M: ''I wrote two albums that will not be released by any label. I have 17 years. Nobody knows what to do with me. Yes, I've a huge fan base in many, many countries. But that seems to make no difference to the record companies. Of course, I'm a big challenge. Perhaps it was always like that, huh? Yes, I'm sad for failing to introduce new songs. However, I do not want to join an obscure indie label that does not have a strong structure of disclosure, because it will give the media another reason to ignore me. I want to be the in the main place, along with everyone.''

- You've always been a fierce critic of politics in your songs. We live in an era of economic and political crisis. How do you see the world today?

M: ''I do not think that nowadays one has illusions about politicians, prime ministers and presidents. All of them have outdated ideas and, once elected, do absolutely nothing for the people who elected them. Democracy is an illusion and this was evident in the United States Occupy protests, the police immediately suppressed with violence. In England, the royal family is a dictatorship and you can not go against, unless it is out of sight of them. I strongly believe in the power of the people, and everything that happened in the Middle East is a great incentive. All world leaders, without exception, are dictators, and they will never give up power without hurting their own people. Politicians are pure ego and power, and absolutely nothing. And that's why people all over the world, lost faith in them. If you look at the Republican candidates for the next U.S. presidential election will be simply impossible not to laugh. They are the best that America can produce? Obama does not deserve a second term, but will succeed because the Republicans seem like residents of a hospice. This is not the way the world should be treated. Genuinely good people do not enter into politics. ''

- For a time it was believed that you were the author of the blog Morrissey's World, which you denied. What about everyone having an opinion about everything these days and post on social networks?

M: ''I am not the author of Morrissey's World, which is dangerous and has caused me problems. The Internet means that anyone becomes a critic and, in general, the thrust of some is hurt and destroy because they can do it in the safety of their rooms with Star Wars in little, friendly Iowa. On the other hand, internet is the power of the people, and that's good because it makes the music critics useless. People are thinking for themselves, which means the death of innocence. Newspapers try to tell you what is happening, but now people see how the Middle East can make their own reports on their phones and laptops. The Syrian government, for example, can no longer hide the truth out. It makes you think about all the injustices of the past and how we were always at the mercy of the controlled press. ''

- You are a great campaigner for vegetarianism and animal rights. Do you think that we evolved in this regard in the last 30 years?

M: ''The abuse of animals is now discussed everywhere. The restaurants have vegetarian options just because the owners have concluded that most customers would go away if vegans could not eat. Interestingly, the death industry - meat - is struggling very strongly. This is because they know they are losing. My belief is simple: thou shalt not kill. I also think you can judge a person by how they treat animals. Generally, people who are cruel to animals too are human beings and the planet itself. The most important issue is that people are now seriously thinking about food. Consequently, there is a general understanding that networks such as KFC and McDonald's are not only bad for the animals, but also for the people and the environment. The meat industry is called a disaster for the environment, but world leaders have not made restrictions because of the amount of money that the killing of animals generates. ''

Last edited by a moderator:
except Obama isn't black.

Obama got elected because of what the white man did to blacks; slavery.

Africans were the first people to enslave blacks, fact. Egypt was built by slaves, but somehow NO black people are upset about this? Also, 90% of the African slave trade was to Muslim nations...again I hear no outcry from blacks about this either.

I guess I'll start taking it all seriously when blacks do, meanwhile, I must deduce that blacks are angry at whites because they just dont like white people.There is no other logical explanation.

looks like Boz Boorer official twitter tweeted MorrisseysWorld - what does this mean? I'm confused.

If Morrissey thinks MorrisseysWorld blog is dangerous why is it still up? ANd why are Boz Boorer and Kristeen Young tweeting MorrisseysWorld?

How did MorrisseysWorld know about the Argentina dates, US tour, why did Morrissey copy the pose?

Just look at this - it's extraordinary. Look at the link to the bizarre coincidences and try to explain them. I just don't buy that Moz is against the site when Boz is chatting to the twitter account.

What's going on?

http://www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com look at the 'coincidences' which I can't explain

off-topic

Last edited by a moderator:
"I am pro-Republican because in theory it is the only political side ..."

I thought u had a couple good points until I read this. Unfortunately, this statement makes everything you've ever posted laughable, null, and void.

Moz complained about the candidates being close to hospice, yet he himself is just a year younger than Rick Santorum.

looks like Boz Boorer official twitter tweeted MorrisseysWorld - what does this mean? I'm confused.

If Morrissey thinks MorrisseysWorld blog is dangerous why is it still up? ANd why are Boz Boorer and Kristeen Young tweeting MorrisseysWorld?

How did MorrisseysWorld know about the Argentina dates, US tour, why did Morrissey copy the pose?

Just look at this - it's extraordinary. Look at the link to the bizarre coincidences and try to explain them. I just don't buy that Moz is against the site when Boz is chatting to the twitter account.

What's going on?

http://www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com look at the 'coincidences' which I can't explain

off-topic

how is this off-topic when the topic of the interview is that MorrisseysWorld is 'dangerous'?

Morrissey was told the site would close down if he stated his wish for it to close on true to you.

Morrissey continues to refuse this offer, while publicising the blog at every opportunity.

Why? Why is Boz tweeting MorrisseysWorld? How does the blog have so much inside information? How do you explain the coincidences? I know the people on this site aren't exactly blessed with intelligence for the most part but have you even looked at the series of events? It's staggering.

These recent interviews are pristine crystalline diamond chips off the old block that is the Morrissey we know, with their clarity and self-validation. Keep 'em rolling...

It's staggering.
What is staggering here is only the belief of those who keep telling that MW is Morrissey's site and the persistence of those who want to prop up the site, pretending that Morrissey seeks to prop it up too. The language on MW-is-Moz is exactly the same as in Michael Jackson Death Hoax and other sites of "believers" who thought to see everywhere "signs" and "clues" that their idol will come back soon. As parody and satire, MW isn't bad, although it's nowhere nearly as good as a site like FakeSteveJobs, because on MW there's too much venom. Why should Morrisey tell the site to close? Only to provide MW-is-Moz with another "evidence" that he can close the site simply because it's his site? Or to be accused of lack of humor and censorship and to be told that he can't stand to be criticized and made fun of?

Obama is now asking every African American for their support to his re-election campaign with "2012 African Americans for Obama."

The first post-racial president (2008) to openly use race to attempt to win an election. Kind of obvious since he can't win it on the issues.

These recent interviews are pristine crystalline diamond chips off the old block that is the Morrissey we know, with their clarity and self-validation. Keep 'em rolling...

Which, less pretentiously put, means that he's become repetitive and boring.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom