Morrissey interview in El Mundo (Spain); cancer treatment mention

An anonymous person writes:

'Ya descansaré cuando esté muerto' - El Mundo

Notice this: "Me han raspado tejidos cancerosos en cuatro ocasiones ya, pero qué más da"-->using google translator: "I have been scraping cancerous tissues four times already, but who cares"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New interviw: El Mundo (Spain) I have been scraping cancerous tissues four times already, but wh

maybe he claims it's cancer to invoke sympathy for all the shows canceled and for those that will be canceled. he's narcissistic enough.

You sicken me.

Re: New interviw: El Mundo (Spain) I have been scraping cancerous tissues four times already, but wh

If you stopped summing up and judging people based on the variables they only present to you, you'd probably have some friends. I know you had cancer. I know you are knowledgable about cancer. But I also know that you know that traditionally there is malignant and non-malignant skin cancer without splitting hairs about definitions. The fact you launched into a diatribe about the linguistic technicalities of a word related to cancer tells me you are trying to shift the conversation to CANCER and not MORRISSEY who has cancer. Your MO is to talk about you. If Morrissey died I bet you a dollar that would be the greatest day ever, that way we could all get back to the most important topic, Jehne and her phoney air of intelligence. Fake discourse and hyperlinks to source material. To that I say with the intellectual resolve of a Harvard graduate in the presence of an ITT Tech poseur giving a homily on something that sounds sorta like the topic at hand, omgstfu.

Wrong. Both basal cell carcinoma and melanoma are malignant. They are both cancers of the skin. And as you may recall me stating, malignant cells are cancer cells. Major difference between these two cancers is that one metastasizes--melanoma--and is therefore often lethal. The other--basal cell--stays put. But both are malignant. When I provide link(s) to sources it is for two reasons: so that you can read in-depth what I am talking about and so that that you can see that I am not pulling it out of my arse. The info is from my head. The source(s) I cite is for you, not me.

I find the dynamic between RB and CG to be very interesting and entertaining. They never fail to go at each other as if they are siblings that just don't get along. You're a doodoo face. No you're a doodoo face. Only slightly higher brow ;)

Thank you. I (we?) aim to please.

Team Jehne!

umm...get better soon, Morrissey...if you want to.

:flowers:

Why are none if these reports mentioning the European Tour?

The more I think about this the more ridiculous it all seems. All this media hype surrounding one translated Spanish interview.

As always I await a statement from the man himself.

I think it is all being blown way out of proportion... It probably has simply to do with being biopsied regarding his esophagus issues

There is something that has more healing power than anything modern medicine has to offer, if you haven't had chemo, it will really turn your immune system on.

An interview given in English, translated into Spanish and then translated one more time from Spanish to English. How reliable can it be?

I am sure all he meant was that he had been tested for cancer a few times. And that's all there is to it. Scraping tissue (usually meaning biopsy) is not cancer treatment and is not a diagnosis, but simply a test to look for malignant cells.

You are correct. There is no such thing as benign cancer.
I think the confusion arises from the terms benign/malignant tumor and benign/malignant lesion, but cancerous cells, by definition, are malignant.

i was pretty shocked when i read this on bbc news. he is still a relatively young man. its not a good sign that he has been looking ill in photos. usually stars don't talk about their health unless it's serious. hopefully he is hard to kill. i hope he will get better!

You are correct. There is no such thing as benign cancer.
I think the confusion arises from the terms benign/malignant tumor and benign/malignant lesion, but cancerous cells, by definition, are malignant.

:flowers:

Speculation is pointless for he has, in his own special way, given us no actual information about his health. What does 'scraped cancerous tissues' even mean? That Barrett's O has turned into throat cancer? That biopsies have been done? That he has had some tumours removed? Who the f*** knows. I want to freak out but I have not enough information to freak out about! I caution dickheads on here (like the scumbag at the top of this page claiming it's a lie to elicit sympathy) to please shut up with the Moz hate. This is neither the place nor the time.

Perhaps he will give more info. Perhaps not. His health is his business. He is well enough to perform, which is a good sign I feel.

- - - Updated - - -

An interview given in English, translated into Spanish and then translated one more time from Spanish to English. How reliable can it be?

I am sure all he meant was that he had been tested for cancer a few times. And that's all there is to it. Scraping tissue (usually meaning biopsy) is not cancer treatment and is not a diagnosis, but simply a test to look for malignant cells.

He said these 'scrapings' were cancerous. It does not sound like a simple test to me. However, we have no real info and that's the way he wants it. Even when he's really sick, it's maximum drama turned up to 11. I love him. I want him to live forever. That is all :)

Btw, the Beeb article has a slightly different translation:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29524966

No mention of the word tissues here, ""I have had four cancer-scrapings, but so what. If I die, I die," he wrote. "If I don't, then I don't. As I sit here today I feel very well."

And this is different too:

""I know I look quite bad on recent photographs, but I am afraid this is what illness does to the overall countenance. I will save relaxation for when I'm dead."

This whole mess is a really great example of how readily the media runs with Chinese Whispers as source material.

It's disconcerting, but there's very little information to go on. Let's hope he'll be Ok.

He said these 'scrapings' were cancerous. It does not sound like a simple test to me. However, we have no real info and that's the way he wants it. Even when he's really sick, it's maximum drama turned up to 11. I love him. I want him to live forever. That is all :)

Depends how you translate it.
What if I translate this in a different way: "I have had four cancer-scrapings." or "I have been scraped for cancerous cells four times." In any case, "scraping" usually refers to biopsy testing, not to operation/excision of tumors.

Last edited:
Dangerous Minds picked it up on facebook. Whoever Manel Menano is, tell him he won the internet today with his comment. :rofl:

15472253472_253a461a89_o.png

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom