Morrissey interview in El Pais (Uruguay)

Well that's nice. Although, nothing we haven't heard before. I will be attending the concert with my 8 year old. The idea of him seeing cows and sheep being slaughtered on the background screen makes me question my choice of bringing him there. It's too much to digest for a kid.

Actually, had MJ ever performed in smaller venues, like the ones Moz performs in, closer to the audience, he would have been torn to shreds (or his clothes, at least). He was/is worshipped.

Actually, had MJ ever performed in smaller venues, like the ones Moz performs in, closer to the audience, he would have been torn to shreds (or his clothes, at least). He was/is worshipped.

i wonder why moz feels he always needs to put down other artists.

i wonder why moz feels he always needs to put down other artists.

To justify his failure. He claims that his audience is somehow more 'real' or 'authentic' than that of Madonna, Bowie or MJ. Anybody who's ever been to a show by those artists knows that they too are loved and if they allowed people to get on stage, they would do so. Morrissey tries to make out that his utterly contrived invitations to invade the stage somehow equate to an authentic audience but it's nonsense. I saw Bowie at Birmingham Town Hall in 1972, age 12, and there were frantic attempts to get on stage. Ditto T.Rex. Morrissey desperately needs to believe he has a devoted audience when all he has is the sad front rows of delusional 'fans' who constitute The List. We know they are given special privileges to get to the front so they can fake hysteria. How anybody can claim that such artificial circus antics are 'authentic' is baffling. Everything about Morrissey if fake, inauthentic, orchestrated - especially his faux Radical Outsider credentials.

best
BB

To justify his failure. He claims that his audience is somehow more 'real' or 'authentic' than that of Madonna, Bowie or MJ. Anybody who's ever been to a show by those artists knows that they too are loved and if they allowed people to get on stage, they would do so. Morrissey tries to make out that his utterly contrived invitations to invade the stage somehow equate to an authentic audience but it's nonsense. I saw Bowie at Birmingham Town Hall in 1972, age 12, and there were frantic attempts to get on stage. Ditto T.Rex. Morrissey desperately needs to believe he has a devoted audience when all he has is the sad front rows of delusional 'fans' who constitute The List. We know they are given special privileges to get to the front so they can fake hysteria. How anybody can claim that such artificial circus antics are 'authentic' is baffling. Everything about Morrissey if fake, inauthentic, orchestrated - especially his faux Radical Outsider credentials.

best
BB

The List is open to anyone prepared to queue early enough to make the first forty in line. There is guest list ahead of them, including

But well beyond their number, there are plenty more people prepared to risk their safety to make the stage. If you'd actually attended the NIA show you would have seen hundreds of people attempting to reach Moz during the encore. I didn't see anyone holding up signs saying "invade now" and security certainly weren't making it easy...at Brum and at Hammersmith they were overrun and had to resort to guiding people to Moz to maintain some kind of order. I don't need to make this up, it's all on film, and not just from SER'S lens either. Your suggestions that it is all artifice are just your usual bluster and you know it.

Of course, you'll have a nasty retort, because quite frankly you'll do anything to stop anyone, anywhere enjoying following Morrissey. You're an intellectual slob and given the timeline you quote, I'd say you are bitter about your landing lights beginning to come.

SSOB

best
BB
Jesus Christ. Are you 55?! I...am at a complete loss here. Did NOT see that coming.

Jesus Christ. Are you 55?! I...am at a complete loss here. Did NOT see that coming.

This hateful online crèche is sucking the life out of me. Some people love him, some people hate him. But MOST people don't give a damn.

why are you two here? dont you have anything better to do with your time than to whinge about a internet site?

best
BB

The first time I saw morrissey live those were the words that crossed my mind: "fake, inauthentic, orchestrated".
THE SMITHS were an amazing band though.

The List is open to anyone prepared to queue early enough to make the first forty in line. There is guest list ahead of them, including

But well beyond their number, there are plenty more people prepared to risk their safety to make the stage. If you'd actually attended the NIA show you would have seen hundreds of people attempting to reach Moz during the encore. I didn't see anyone holding up signs saying "invade now" and security certainly weren't making it easy...at Brum and at Hammersmith they were overrun and had to resort to guiding people to Moz to maintain some kind of order. I don't need to make this up, it's all on film, and not just from SER'S lens either. Your suggestions that it is all artifice are just your usual bluster and you know it.

Of course, you'll have a nasty retort, because quite frankly you'll do anything to stop anyone, anywhere enjoying following Morrissey. You're an intellectual slob and given the timeline you quote, I'd say you are bitter about your landing lights beginning to come.

SSOB

Tablet grabbed by miniature mewling monster, resulted in a number of fat-fingered indiscretions...
Julia....and "snob" not "slob".

SSOB

Well that's nice. Although, nothing we haven't heard before. I will be attending the concert with my 8 year old. The idea of him seeing cows and sheep being slaughtered on the background screen makes me question my choice of bringing him there. It's too much to digest for a kid.

Devon+-+child.jpg

The first time I saw morrissey live those were the words that crossed my mind: "fake, inauthentic, orchestrated".

Who are you, another one of Brummie Berk's provocation-bots? On auto-mode to allow him time on a Sunday night to watch the false eyelashes peel off on X-Craptor?
If you were anything other, you might have the good sense to back up your remarks.
When did you first see Morrissey? I suspect it was December 6th, 2015, and in the auditorium of your own arsehole, and not in Paraguay.
As for "THE SMITHS" being an amazing band, no dispute there. But without Morrissey, his songwriting, his creativity, what would they be?

SSOB

Who are you, another one of Brummie Berk's provocation-bots? On auto-mode to allow him time on a Sunday night to watch the false eyelashes peel off on X-Craptor?
If you were anything other, you might have the good sense to back up your remarks.
When did you first see Morrissey? I suspect it was December 6th, 2015, and in the auditorium of your own arsehole, and not in Paraguay.
As for "THE SMITHS" being an amazing band, no dispute there. But without Morrissey, his songwriting, his creativity, what would they be?

SSOB
Without a band what would Morrissey be?.. a novelist?..

Yes, Brummie, Skinny en Barley are all in or close to their 50s. And they claim to only have liked the Smiths in 1984 and 1985.
Yet 30 years on they frequent the website dedicated to the singer of that band to proclaim that he really was not very good after all :crazy:

They are reaching whole new levels of being sad day after day.

Yes, Brummie, Skinny en Barley are all in or close to their 50s. And they claim to only have liked the Smiths in 1984 and 1985.
Yet 30 years on they frequent the website dedicated to the singer of that band to proclaim that he really was not very good after all :crazy:

Yes. This was staggering news. Especially BB I thought was much younger. Early 20's, perhaps. 30, at the very oldest. A 55 year old man, sitting and ranting, whingeing, being rude, obnoxious, often very childish (tons of emoticons, saying stuff like " lol lol lol"), spamming the boards on a fansite dedicated to a pop star he once adored and now can't let go of.

This was heartbreaking. Let this be a lesson. A cautionary tale. Do something good with your life. Don't end up like that. You only get one shot at this.

Why are you shocked at this? You tend to get into bands of a similar age. Where have any of them said that he really wasn't good at all? I think they would all agree that he was very good in years gone by but latterly he has resorted to bullshit comments and behaviour in an attempt to keep relevant, rather than continuing to focus on delivering great music.

Why are you shocked at this? You tend to get into bands of a similar age. Where have any of them said that he really wasn't good at all? I think they would all agree that he was very good in years gone by but latterly he has resorted to bullshit comments and behaviour in an attempt to keep relevant, rather than continuing to focus on delivering great music.

Indeed. In his quest to fire off all manner of insults, yet again, this user has lied. If he can find anywhere where I said that, he's welcome to post the links, and we can discuss it. And on the wider point, why is it praiseworthy that one's musical tastes should remain static? I fully expect the comeback to be non-specific, with no proof, and nebulous ideas of offence, as we have had time and time again.

^THIS!

Seeing as your responses indicate you clearly haven't read mine, nothing about you inability to follow a thread or a user comment history would surprise me. Please remain at a complete loss, preferably loss of consciousness.

omg - Brummie Boy must be Morrissey himself. Who the hell else could possibly obsess so much over Morrissey?

Again and again, the same old refrain. Mocking his moves on an internet site in between rounds of golf is hardly an obsession. A mate of mine is in the grip of an online poker habit, now....that's 'obsession'.

No, you're the saddoe. Any one reading my comment history couldn't fail to understand that whilst I was an admirer of The Smiths there was always something deeply suspicious about Morrissey. The fact that it took decades for his self-implosion to happen is interesting only in showing how devious he was. When he was 25% of The Smiths he was excellent. He had flourishes when underpinned by Street & Whyte. Boozer has clearly been an arse-licking enabler even if there are some reasonable songs. So, your claim that I deny the excellence of The Smiths is nonsense. Neither does Morrissey deny these facts, hence he continues to play their songs. Morrissey is older than me. You might want to ponder why you regard it as bizarre that some people of his age comment on his fall from grace whilst also pondering if he remains a dignified stage presence at 56. To me, the answer is clear. He needs to Get Off Of The Stage.

I will continue to monitor his clownish antics until he either dies or retires. Anyone who has read my comment history will also know that I regard Morrissey as merely the 'canary in the coalmine' and that I would put almost the entire punk/post-punk canon of artists on trial for crank-fraudism. Most of those who lauded The Smiths now quietly ignore Morrissey as it's simply too painful and embarassing for them to face the full extent of his charlatanism, but I find it deeply satisfying to follow through #ProfitFromParis to #TSAisthenewISIS and on to the latest Mike Joyce interview. Morrissey has finally revealed himself as a Careerist Crank-Fraud on so many issues it's hard to keep up. The only riposte of the remaining Cult Casualites is that following the car-crash of his career must be a morbid sign of 'obsession' rather than a light-hearted passing of the time between other more important activities. Like golf. I trust this helps 'the usual suspects' but know it will only rile them up further. Why on earth are they so obsessed with me? That's the real conundrum.

Yes. This was staggering news. Especially BB I thought was much younger. Early 20's, perhaps. 30, at the very oldest. A 55 year old man, sitting and ranting, whingeing, being rude, obnoxious, often very childish (tons of emoticons, saying stuff like " lol lol lol"), spamming the boards on a fansite dedicated to a pop star he once adored and now can't let go of.

This was heartbreaking. Let this be a lesson. A cautionary tale. Do something good with your life. Don't end up like that. You only get one shot at this.

Gregor, you need to stop drinking that Drama Queen potion! Morrissey is the 'old man, sitting and ranting, whingeing, being rude, obnoxious'

Your attempt to covertly introduce Ageism as a relevant criteria for assessing contributions to web forums wouldn't be so tragic unless that forum was about a failed 'pop star' called Morrissey who is OLDER than me. His age, however, is the least of his problems.
As for 'heartbreaking' I assume you aren't 14? In which case allowing your heart to be broken by somebody on a web forum disagreeing with you is beyond silly. Morrissey is the 'cautionary tale', not me.

The risibile reality is that Gregor, Thewlis, Poet and all the rest of the Cult Casualites simply cannot put me on Ignore and get on with their lives. Which raises the question: Why are they so obsessed with me? The answer is simple. When people like me, Benny, Barleycorn and others pause commenting, these threads wither and descend into an echo chamber of fatuous self-gratulation. Without our contributions, this web-site would wither and die. There is nothing stopping the Cult from protesting with their feet and stomping off to allyouneedismorrissey.com where they can be assured of a nice, safe controlled environment. The truth is, of course, that they know there are serious problems with anyone with a brain taking Morrissey seriously now, but they simply do not have a credible response. Other than to suggest that only those younger than Morrissey should follow his dismal career failure. How young? 14? 18? One glance at the balding heads of his audience at gigs shows very, very clearly that most of his audience are within a decade of Morrissey's age.

TL;DR Ageism-epicFAIL!

best
BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom