Morrissey interview in Esquire (Poland)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now he's complaining about his taxes. I'm sure the average person can fully relate to his pop star tax woes. I suspect he's been in trouble with the taxman at times.

What a sad old fart. He becomes more and more whiny, and unlikable with every interview.

As the owner of a cock, haven't you had times in life when it seemed like a sensible option?
ODB/Wu Tang were great, but I'm partial to the G-Funk scene that sprang up in the early 90s. It might not always be the best rapping or subject matter, but in terms of sheer listenability and overall groove, those guys were onto something that is missing from a lot of modern stuff.
8a30e7f8a04ee395cff83f4d43b950de.jpg

Wow morrissey listening to public enemy. Not really the rap aspect of it but just that theyve got some homophobia in there. interesting to see that he can at least tolerate artists he probably disagrees with

Homophobia!? Barely. I can think of maybe one Public Enemy lyric that could be classed as homophobic.

Fantastic that he shares my respect for Public Enemy who are still the only ones worth a mention when it comes to the genre. I remember me going on about them on here and in the chatroom in the past and posting a video now and then.
Morrissey, I know you follow everything I do, politically and everything else but maybe it is time to form your own opinion on things?

LOL

The ONLY group in hip hop worth mentioning!? Come on now...

Oh, enough [Patronising. Good start]. The most diverse places don't have these issues [By definition, the population of a place that is 'diverse' has arrived at a happy accommodation; obviously, they won't have such issues. Which is wonderful]. This phobia is occurring mostly in places that are homogeneous [Obviously, places which have previously experienced little cultural change are going to experience more anxiety in relation to immigration. But what to do about it? Dismiss such feelings?]. It's just classic racial resentment presented by mostly uneducated people whose identities are wrapped up in petty mythologies about themselves [Dismiss it is, then. Your conflation of racism and the 'uneducated' is pure bigotry. Aren't all cultures mythological to a greater or lesser extent?]. It's not complex [It is].

They are not experiencing sweeping demographic changes in their own neighborhoods [Who are 'they'?]. Besides, change occurs, populations move in, and some of them don't hold your values [Kind of contradicted your previous sentence, there, didn't you?]. You don't own the future. [Now I see why you don't think it's complex. Native people should just suck it up. Shit happens? Does this apply to any native population, anywhere in the world, experiencing significant levels of immigration?].

You are free to move [Again, does this apply to any native population, anywhere in the world, experiencing significant levels of immigration?]. Brexit is not going to do anything to change demographics, or immigration [I voted 'remain']. It was sold to the plebs [bigotry] as the solution, but that was just cynical marketing. Once they realize nothing is going change in that regard, they [who are 'they', the plebs or the cynical marketers?] will move on to their next self-defeating big idea.

The world has been through this before, and it always ends the same way. People are not complex, they are base, and easily defined [speak for yourself]. Fear is not an excuse [but it is a reality]. It's just being used a rationalization for a racial, and cultural resentment that was always there [Sometimes fear is just fear].

But as someone else said, as an American, I almost get a cruel satisfaction from watching England cripple itself. It has been America's lapdog since the end of WWII, and now it will be even more dependent on it. It's just trading dependencies. England already has privileged trade status with America. It can't get much sweeter. [You've digressed, here. And I think you might have started touching yourself].

I think that's what it mostly comes down to. England's national self-image is so tattered that it's now resorting to what you saw happen in Germany pre-Hitler. Hitler used nationalism to prick savage tendencies that gave him even more power to create his own agenda, and the public went along with anything he devised after that point; as long as he told them how great they were. They took a single issue, and traded in all others for the pleasure of scapegoating their failures.

Virulent nationalism is almost always a response to a society's low self opinion in an ever changing world. Somebody else must pay for making us feel small.

[I sort of agree with some of the points you're clearly struggling to make in the previous two paragraphs -- I can do patronising, too. However, none of it speaks to what I was talking about: human beings finding it difficult to cope with change. In fact, the notion that such people are 'savage' and simply looking for scapegoats is simplistic and, once again, bigoted.]

Stop trying to spice it with a sense of virtue, and reasonable anxiety [Being virtuous and reasonable is kind of my bag]. There is nothing reasonable about it. Most people didn't even bother to examine the details. It was a temper tantrum [I assume you're talking about brexit again. I voted 'remain'].

[See comments above in red.]

Look, I'm pro-immigration. The benefit of immigration to the UK is undeniable, both in terms of the enrichment of our society and the net gain to the Exchequer. I'm simply saying that concerns need to be addressed in a 'reasonable' and 'virtuous' manner. Surely, it's not beyond the wit of man to create and maintain an immigration system that takes into account the native population's needs and wants as well as the needs and wants of immigrants? Dismissing someone's anxieties by effectively dehumanising them (uneducated, pleb, savage...) is bigotry -- worse still, it is a normalised form of bigotry -- and it will only ever play into the hands of the Far Right, to whom I am vehemently opposed.

Last edited:
Oh, enough. The most diverse places don't have these issues. This phobia is occurring mostly in places that are homogeneous. It's just classic racial resentment presented by mostly uneducated people whose identities are wrapped up in petty mythologies about themselves. It's not complex.

They are not experiencing sweeping demographic changes in their own neighborhoods. Besides, change occurs, populations move in, and some of them don't hold your values. You don't own the future.

You are free to move. Brexit is not going to do anything to change demographics, or immigration. It was sold to the plebs as the solution, but that was just cynical marketing. Once they realize nothing is going change in that regard, they will move on to their next self-defeating big idea.

The world has been through this before, and it always ends the same way. People are not complex, they are base, and easily defined. Fear is not an excuse. It's just being used a rationalization for a racial, and cultural resentment that was always there.

But as someone else said, as an American, I almost get a cruel satisfaction from watching England cripple itself. It has been America's lapdog since the end of WWII, and now it will be even more dependent on it. It's just trading dependencies. England already has privileged trade status with America. It can't get much sweeter.

I think that's what it mostly comes down to. England's national self-image is so tattered that it's now resorting to what you saw happen in Germany pre-Hitler. Hitler used nationalism to prick savage tendencies that gave him even more power to create his own agenda, and the public went along with anything he devised after that point; as long as he told them how great they were. They took a single issue, and traded in all others for the pleasure of scapegoating their failures.

Virulent nationalism is almost always a response to a society's low self opinion in an ever changing world. Somebody else must pay for making us feel small.

Stop trying to spice it with a sense of virtue, and reasonable anxiety. There is nothing reasonable about it. Most people didn't even bother to examine the details. It was a temper tantrum.
I don't think you have any idea what Brexit was about. Immigration was only a part of why the majority voted Leave. The EU has controlled our laws and who we can trade with, their regulations have strangled our industries and all but destroyed our fishing industry. Oh, and Comrade Corbyn wants to nationalise our major industries; he can forget that if we're still in the EU because they won't allow it (which is why Corbyn is quietly pro-Brexit).

Over time, by stealth, they have been exerting ever greater control and limiting the power of our own parliament. Brussels issues a new law: it's enshrined in UK law. We have no say and cannot overturn it, no matter which party we vote for. And we cannot vote out the people in charge in Brussels. As an organisation it is insidious, corrupt, wholly undemocratic and many people have had enough of it.

Can you seriously imagine the US giving away that much power to, say, Canada, and taking directives on who they can trade with and how to run their country? It's unthinkable.

By the way, this is not the start of a violent debate. I have no interest in discussing the merits (or otherwise) of the EU on a music fan site. People have different views, and this is mine. Feel free to tear lumps out of each other if you must, but I won't reply.

Oh, and since we're in the business of smearing entire nations with ugly generalisations, I don't think we should be taking lessons on racism from the country that had segregation until 1964.

Poland has always had a soft spot for Nazi chic, and retrograde attitudes in Europe.

It has a reputation.

But hey, it's Poland. Being Poland is punishment enough. They can stay in the basement.
They have moved on a bit like most countries and we do live in a global market meaning people have the same access to a number of things now compared with the past.

If you're that Ali, brit moz look alike guy KY used to hang around with around 2011, then some do think he is coping you.
The time line fits one minute KY is with you with his Public Enemy and Bruce Lee posts next minute Moz is quoting Public Enemy and has a Bruce Lee backdrop.

Whatever, he says he 'still listens to public Enemy' but never mentioned it befure. He used to say he didn't like music just the attitude, there are numerous interviews and quotes which show he didn't listen to any hip hop. The fact he can't name anyone else is a give away. Plus Public Enemy are the ones lots of whites like I'd be more impressed if he was dropping DMX
It's the political attitude of PE that made me and Moz fans. Remember at the time the silly Run DMC were making nonsense music when PE were having a serious statement and we are talking about a muslim band here that promoted the good values of islam and also pointed out that the jews run the show in a very evil manner.

I dunno how Moz balances his love for Israel with his love for PE but that's his business.

Oh, enough. The most diverse places don't have these issues. This phobia is occurring mostly in places that are homogeneous. It's just classic racial resentment presented by mostly uneducated people whose identities are wrapped up in petty mythologies about themselves. It's not complex.

They are not experiencing sweeping demographic changes in their own neighborhoods. Besides, change occurs, populations move in, and some of them don't hold your values. You don't own the future.

You are free to move. Brexit is not going to do anything to change demographics, or immigration. It was sold to the plebs as the solution, but that was just cynical marketing. Once they realize nothing is going change in that regard, they will move on to their next self-defeating big idea.

The world has been through this before, and it always ends the same way. People are not complex, they are base, and easily defined. Fear is not an excuse. It's just being used a rationalization for a racial, and cultural resentment that was always there.

But as someone else said, as an American, I almost get a cruel satisfaction from watching England cripple itself. It has been America's lapdog since the end of WWII, and now it will be even more dependent on it. It's just trading dependencies. England already has privileged trade status with America. It can't get much sweeter.

Stop trying to spice it with a sense of virtue, and reasonable anxiety. There is nothing reasonable about it. Most people didn't even bother to examine the details. It was a temper tantrum.

Yes the Koran is full of nonsensical myths, some about a 'writing pen':crazy:, making Islam overall a very ignorant ideology.

You seem to be carrying on pretty well, piling on the BS pretty thick. Back in the day, you Commies
didnt bother with any of this stuff, picking at 'savage tendencies:eek:'(lol maybe you been watching too
many wolfman movies ) none of that stuff, they just shot everybody in sight.:brows:

If you're that Ali, brit moz look alike guy KY used to hang around with around 2011, then some do think he is coping you.
The time line fits one minute KY is with you with his Public Enemy and Bruce Lee posts next minute Moz is quoting Public Enemy and has a Bruce Lee backdrop.

Whatever, he says he 'still listens to public Enemy' but never mentioned it befure. He used to say he didn't like music just the attitude, there are numerous interviews and quotes which show he didn't listen to any hip hop. The fact he can't name anyone else is a give away. Plus Public Enemy are the ones lots of whites like I'd be more impressed if he was dropping DMX

GREAT POINT!!! if you like Black stuff that white peeps like or hang with Black peeps that like white peeps then you are RACIST and NAZI!! :crazy:My mind has been clarified.:grin:

Are you by any chance a rocket scientist?:kissingsmiling:

Let's be honest, Christianity was based on racism. It was its core philosophy for most of its history. Non Christian cultures; especially brown ones were fallen creations who needed to be converted, or enslaved. Only in the past thirty to fifty years has this not been absolutely accepted by the various Christian sects, and that's because laws changed, so marketing had to as well.

The Catholic Church also played an immoral role during the Holocaust.

Certainly Catholics have not been as bad as Protestants when it comes to preserving that bigotry in modern times. We can agree on that, but it's still Poland with a dark history that seems to have been cycling back around again recently.

If you breed intolerance, you will get it back. How does it feel?

It's always different when it happens to you.

WtF is up with this series of ignorant posts?? A Skinny/Chezz joint troll project?:rolleyes:

Islam is based on racism all sane people are considered Infidels. FFS Islam tried to invade the WHOLE
WORLD, the colonizing mfrs:crazy: luckily they couldnt get the damn camels over the Alps:lbf:

Izu Ugonoh is a friend of mine and you'd think would be all in favour of the carte blanche policies of open borders. Wrong!

Didn’t morrissey split with both of them over the whole credits argument
I forget the details. I know Street wanted paying and Moz's mother took his call and told him he'd been paid enough already, even though that amount wasn't the agreed amount.
But I'm thinking people need to let bygones be bygones. Robert Smith brought back Gallup after a major bust up, and took back Tolhurst for a concert years after the court case. A few kind words from Moz about Vini wouldn't have gone amiss.

I forget the details. I know Street wanted paying and Moz's mother took his call and told him he'd been paid enough already, even though that amount wasn't the agreed amount.
But I'm thinking people need to let bygones be bygones. Robert Smith brought back Gallup after a major bust up, and took back Tolhurst for a concert years after the court case. A few kind words from Moz about Vini wouldn't have gone amiss.

I forget myself and yeah I know he split with street over the agreed amount issue which caused the pause of a single release but I thought I remembered that the whole struggle between street and vinni just caused him to wash his hands of the whole ordeal which i can kinda understand. You’ve just split from your band and managed to release your first album, which managed to be successful, and here comes and bunch of arguing to cast a shadow on it. As far as street is concerned morrissey seems to have been in the wrong but I can understand the wanting to move on from all of it. As to what he should say about vinni is a hard question. They have a personal relationship which I know nothing about. I don’t know about any of them personally or what went on between them. I find it hard to speak to what people should say about there own relationships. He didn’t say anything disparaging. If I had a disagreement between a coworker and someone who I didn’t know or didn’t know him told me what I should be saying about them and us I’d tell them to
mind there own business

Tags
this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom