Morrissey interview in Esquire (Poland)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's explosive alright, Morrissey admits to listening to Public Enemy! Welcome to the Terrordome.
CC5B6BA6-76F6-453A-8698-A82A56F5F9D2.jpeg

The album "This is Morrissey", prepared with the active participation of the singer himself, a compilation of solo recordings, is a set that the former The Smiths frontman created shortly before his tour. Even before the premiere of the album (which appeared on July 6) we managed to ask the artist some questions.

Esquire: "This is Morrisey" contains a cover of Lou Reed's song "Sattelite of Love". Why did you choose this artist and this song?
Morrissey: I do not think anyone would need a reason to choose Lou Reed. Fortunately, I have several myself. I saw him live for the first time in 1972. I was 12 years old. I went alone. Are 12-year-olds going to concerts themselves today? He was the strangest person on stage, cruel, scarred and flooded. Lou and I have made friends in recent years and we have worked well together.

Recently 30 years have passed since the premiere of your solo debut, "Viva Hate". What in your opinion, in retrospect, is the strongest side of this album, and what is the weakest?

The first part is better. It is too early (Morrissey talks about the time of the day) to wonder what went wrong in the second part.

What was the collaboration with Vinim Reilli? Do not you think that this guitarist is a bit unappreciated?
Underestimated by whom? I'm sure his mother loves him.

If someone has all your albums, why should he buy "This is Morrisey"?
I look very good on the cover.

Which of your solo albums do you like the most?
Last, "Low In High School". This record is roaring and rage, but my favorite song is a bit shy "In Your Lap". In turn, the only bizarre solo album is "Kill Uncle". It sounded a little bit anemic, flat, and yet it received some positive reviews.

You have recently been criticized for some of your statements, for example those regarding Brexit.Similar controversies accompany Kanye West's statements. What do you think about it, both in terms of music and image?
But most of the country supports Brexit! This is not unusual! People who voted for staying in the EU have lost! I am criticized in England and it really does not matter what I say. If I suddenly spoke against Brexit, I would also be criticized for that. I wonder who will come after me next time.

I do not know what Kanye West is saying - except that African Americans have been slaves of their own free will in the past. I think he just said that, right? I think we are all slaves now! I do not know anyone who can be anyone I want. We are all being tracked and labeled, taxed and prosecuted, we are all subject to laws that no one has agreed with us.

What's your rap attitude at all? A $ AP Rocky said he would like to record a song with you, do you imagine such a collaboration?
I still listen to Public Enemy and have heard many copy artists who are also great. I like the way Public Enemy neglects any affordability.I'm not interested in media stars who immediately win five Grammy Awards as if they were due. This is terrible.

Wow morrissey listening to public enemy. Not really the rap aspect of it but just that theyve got some homophobia in there. interesting to see that he can at least tolerate artists he probably disagrees with

The album "This is Morrissey", prepared with the active participation of the singer himself, a compilation of solo recordings, is a set that the former The Smiths frontman created shortly before his tour. Even before the premiere of the album (which appeared on July 6) we managed to ask the artist some questions.

Esquire: "This is Morrisey" contains a cover of Lou Reed's song "Sattelite of Love". Why did you choose this artist and this song?
Morrissey: I do not think anyone would need a reason to choose Lou Reed. Fortunately, I have several myself. I saw him live for the first time in 1972. I was 12 years old. I went alone. Are 12-year-olds going to concerts themselves today? He was the strangest person on stage, cruel, scarred and flooded. Lou and I have made friends in recent years and we have worked well together.

Recently 30 years have passed since the premiere of your solo debut, "Viva Hate". What in your opinion, in retrospect, is the strongest side of this album, and what is the weakest?

The first part is better. It is too early (Morrissey talks about the time of the day) to wonder what went wrong in the second part.

What was the collaboration with Vinim Reilli? Do not you think that this guitarist is a bit unappreciated?
Underestimated by whom? I'm sure his mother loves him.

If someone has all your albums, why should he buy "This is Morrisey"?
I look very good on the cover.

Which of your solo albums do you like the most?
Last, "Low In High School". This record is roaring and rage, but my favorite song is a bit shy "In Your Lap". In turn, the only bizarre solo album is "Kill Uncle". It sounded a little bit anemic, flat, and yet it received some positive reviews.

You have recently been criticized for some of your statements, for example those regarding Brexit.Similar controversies accompany Kanye West's statements. What do you think about it, both in terms of music and image?
But most of the country supports Brexit! This is not unusual! People who voted for staying in the EU have lost! I am criticized in England and it really does not matter what I say. If I suddenly spoke against Brexit, I would also be criticized for that. I wonder who will come after me next time.

I do not know what Kanye West is saying - except that African Americans have been slaves of their own free will in the past. I think he just said that, right? I think we are all slaves now! I do not know anyone who can be anyone I want. We are all being tracked and labeled, taxed and prosecuted, we are all subject to laws that no one has agreed with us.

What's your rap attitude at all? A $ AP Rocky said he would like to record a song with you, do you imagine such a collaboration?
I still listen to Public Enemy and have heard many copy artists who are also great. I like the way Public Enemy neglects any affordability.I'm not interested in media stars who immediately win five Grammy Awards as if they were due. This is terrible.

Oh he can't be racist he listens to PE

He doesn't listen to Public Enemy and knows nothing about rap. We all know that
A 59 year old man pretending to like hip hop. Why did he become so shit?

If you wanna know how dumb his new fan base is, go to another thread, not only had some not heard the term dystopian days they hadn't even heard the word dystopian.
These are slim picking days

untitled.png

Speaking of Public Enemy, I was impressed when The Sisters of Mercy attempted a tour with them. Due to lack of support, the tour flopped. This leads me to ask Morrissey's opinion of The Sisters.

Fantastic that he shares my respect for Public Enemy who are still the only ones worth a mention when it comes to the genre. I remember me going on about them on here and in the chatroom in the past and posting a video now and then.
Morrissey, I know you follow everything I do, politically and everything else but maybe it is time to form your own opinion on things?

LOL

Why is this archaic, boring website still here? Pathetic desperation?
We have nowhere to go and this is club house and we all should be somewhere else like on holidays and that but real life seems so boring and much work.

Morrissey said:
I like the way Public Enemy neglects any affordability.
I wasn't aware they did, but could Morrissey's ticket pricing be seen in this light as a sort of tribute?

It's no surprise he listens to PE. Being an outsider himself in this world and with recent false accusations
I'm sure he's feeling like public enemy #1.

:cool:

Tags
this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom