Morrissey interview in LiFO (Greek magazine)

Re: New Morrissey interview in greek magazine Lifo

New Morrissey interview in greek magazine Lifo focused on his new album, his autobiography and his health problem.

http://www.lifo.gr/team/music/53516

Is it the same interview that was in Papageno?

papageno_smallweb.jpg

An anonymous person writes:

New Morrissey interview in Greek magazine Lifo focused on his new album, his autobiography and his health problem.

O Morrissey στο LIFO.gr: «Είμαι ένας από σας, δεν είμαι ψωνισμένος σελέμπριτι» - LiFO (Greek)

Description (Google Translate to English):

To celebrate the Athenian concert, the Morrissey talks about the movie of his life, women, the impending death of all - and Kate Middleton ...

Dec. 1, 2014
by Aris Dimokidis

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! CG! I did the Google Translate for ya! Usual Dance Of 7 Veils over whether it's a cancer diagnosis or precautionary pre-cancerous cell removal. And some hilarious Google Translate algorithm lulz, including ^THIS!:

"My success is not made of record and advertising -mallon the opposite! - And manage to get along, despite adversity. I am one of you, I'm not psonismenos selempriti That?
"

Amid concern for health ("How ironic for a suicidal 20 year old to die from disease in his 50s!" He said) but also admiration for the continuous presence in the music world, I wanted to ask a few things the singer grabbed from my adolescence, brought me countless spinners growing up and washed ashore in now, strong and happy. And he, as if he had nothing better to do, he answered my questions.

Your last album «World peace is none of your business» is possible and adventurous. How would you describe it, but you yourself to someone who has not purchased (yet)?

I would describe as follows: is the album that makes all the people who want a reunion of Smiths to look and sound dumb.

Which of your new songs you enjoy most?

Hmm ... Usually what I put in the set list of the tour. In this case it is the «Staircase at the university», «Kiss me a lot», «Istanbul», «Neal Cassady drops dead», «Kick the bride down the aisle». Also, the title of the album, the «World peace is none of your business», is very powerful song, suitable to sing live.

I was shocked at all when some critics criticized for a "misogynistikous lyrics" in one of your new songs?

Nah, not at all! Critics can be hand-meaning, but sometimes is inadequate. Always accused of something. If a new song I say "Kick the bride down the aisle» (kicking the bride from the stairs of the church), I mean «kick THIS PARTICULAR bride down the aisle»! I do not make a huge statement for all women on the planet! It's a song about a particular woman alone! However, for that matter, some women are ridiculous. The Kate Middleclass, for example ...

I just finished reading the "Autobiography" you. I guess it was strange to dig in your memories. In all changed the process of writing?

Nothing has changed. Moreover, never changes anything? I think not ...

How would you feel if it were a movie based on "Autobiography" you?

Well, to tell you the truth, Paramount Pictures asked to buy the rights, before they issued the book. But just received the draft manuscript, made back! You see, there is no sex in the book and it would probably be impossible for a modern director to think even make a movie without sex ...

But if Paramount or someone else had bought the rights, and they made a movie, can you tell me some songs (not yours) that you believe should be definitely on the soundtrack?

The following: «I do not want to play in your yard», «Vye bye blackbird», «Chelsea Girls», «Barbecutie», «Honaloochie Boogie», «Fire of unknown origin», «To give is the reason I live »,« Jet Boy »,« Deborah », and« Take me »of Charles Aznavour.

I know that writing a novel and look forward. The end? Can you tell us something about it?

No, not finished yet. So I will try to shut up until then ...

Some people love violence, and usually they eat animals. These two are dead. Nevertheless, the most important for us that we do not eat animals that arrived -after labors and vasanon- a point not only care about our own feelings, our desires and our needs, but we care for other beings warming there are people who still eat meat, despite the ideological concerns, because they believe that vegetarians do not eat "delicious" food. As a vegetarian who enjoys the food you eat, what you tell them?

I understand that people eventually eat animals of habit! We have found a better alternative, because they have not sought. If you are a moral vegetarian or vegan, then refuse to eat or death to you death within you, in your stomach. And you're opposed to sfagiastiki hardness of KFC and McDonald's.

We do not like to lose the life of another being just because we like to eat a kebab. How they grow and how they killed animals kept completely secret, mostly because, if people knew the truth, we will not tolerate anything!

Let's go a little in medical. Although, therefore, the doctors told you to quit completely, music and live performances, you keep on - and fortunately you come to Athens. But why?

Simple: Because the music is the only reason for my existence. It's the only thing that keeps me alive. I have absolutely no other reason to live I do not know what it is that "everyone knew". That it will eventually die? Since we're all in the same position! We could die at any time, all of us. And it will eventually become. In fact, it is not something that any of us will be able to avoid. No different from all of you ...

And about your cancer: you expected that you were so strong and brave?

Look, I do not consider myself neither brave nor may simply not have any other attachment to life, beyond music ...

It was strange the period following the publication of the interview, which was opened for your illness and now "everyone knew "?

Hmm ... I do not know what it is that "everyone knew". That it will eventually die? Since we're all in the same position! We could die at any time, all of us. And it will eventually become. In fact, it is not something that any of us will be able to avoid. No different from all of you ...

What inspires you to write songs?

Always watch with great intensity all who are around me and what happens next to me. Writing is a struggle against time, and as we know time goes outrageously late. Do not think, however, that we who are middle-aged (or some who are elderly) was always so ... My success is not made of record and advertising -mallon the opposite! - And manage to get along, despite adversity. I am one of you, I'm not psonismenos selempriti That? They suddenly appeared this anxiety about the time and something new. Moreover, in our minds we all remain 27 forever, throughout our life ...

Why is it so difficult for the record to offer you a deal that will satisfy you? How can afford that and have music ready whenever thee faith comes to confer with some cretin of the music industry?

Well ... The difficulty arises when the record suggest extremely embarrassing ideas to promote the album, which of course they deem to be amazing! Directly I do back, simply because I can not do anything if I do not feel that it is fitting and proper for music. And when you disagree with a company, they take it very personally: I think that you tell them how best know their job than what they themselves ...

And in the most recent album, the magnificent «World peace is none of your business» what happened?

Let me tell you about my last experience: the head of the company was so huge I, who eventually hated because I rejected some of his ideas (one of them was to work with a video director who had become known for advertisements for McDonald's ). So when I reacted, decided to get rid of, than it seems. They do not care about the quality of music, not even the music itself. Their main priority is their vanity - and the artist is just a tiny detail.

You have come many times in Athens (and Thessaloniki). How do you feel about love collected here?

It's always a great pleasure when I come and really means a lot to me to know that so many people in Greece. My success is not made of record and advertising -mallon the opposite! - And manage to get along, despite adversity. I am one of you, I'm not psonismenos selempriti. I am the people. I am not a publicity stunt that "caught". I do not get awards from the music industry. I care only about the music and the people who enjoy it. And, although I think I'm not egomania, know any value me and people recognize her, even if the music industry does not that he sees ...

Well, to tell you the truth, Paramount Pictures asked to buy the rights, before they issued the book. But just received the draft manuscript, made back! You see, there is no sex in the book and it would probably be impossible for a modern director to think even make a movie without sex ...

But if Paramount or someone else had bought the rights, and they made a movie, can you tell me some songs (not yours) that you believe should be definitely on the soundtrack?

The following: «I do not want to play in your yard», «Vye bye blackbird», «Chelsea Girls», «Barbecutie», «Honaloochie Boogie», «Fire of unknown origin», «To give is the reason I live »,« Jet Boy »,« Deborah », and« Take me »of Charles Aznavour.

This is interesting! I'm sure M would never approve a movie about his life, based on Autobiography or not! Maybe after he's gone...it would probably just be about The Smiths and his "celibacy" anyway:rolleyes:

Usual fudging of whether he's a vegetarian or a vegan and whether or not he's had an actual cancer diagnosis or just lucky to have pre-cancerous cells picked up and removed.

"How ironic for a suicidal 20 year old to die from disease in his 50s"

Music's great but it's a bit saddo, not to mention histrionic, that anyone would find "music is the only reason for my existence. It's the only thing that keeps me alive. I have absolutely no other reason to live".

No logic as to why Morrissey balks at "work with a video director who had become known for advertisements for McDonald's" when he was fine with David Morrissey doing his Audio Autobiography after having done McDonald's advertisement voice-overs! Nobody could listen to the audio version of 'Autobiography' without wincing at the cognitive dissonance of such a choice.

"This month: Morrissey is lovin' McDonald's....I'm sure you won't have to ask why after watching the footage above - a new McDonald's ad, narrated by David Morrissey, which brings several dimensions of pain. "

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...05/food-advertising-mcdonalds-david-morrissey

"Their main priority is their vanity - and the artist is just a tiny detail."

No, their main priority is Profit. Why sign with a Corporate Capitalist label then moan about their dedication to The Bottom Line? Makes zero sense.

Jayzus, he can be a right eejit, even when answering email questions.

best
BB

Hollywood isn't interested in the screen adaptation of Autobiography because there's no detailed descriptions of banging; just some vague stuff about female parts. LOL. We all know actors are whores and would be perfectly willing to bang on screen (whether real or fake.)

Moz says he cares about the people who enjoy his music. That means that Moz cares about me. :D

This is interesting! I'm sure M would never approve a movie about his life, based on Autobiography or not! Maybe after he's gone...it would probably just be about The Smiths and his "celibacy" anyway:rolleyes:

Hollywood isn't interested in the screen adaptation of Autobiography because there's no detailed descriptions of banging; just some vague stuff about female parts. LOL. We all know actors are whores and would be perfectly willing to bang on screen (whether real or fake.)

Moz says he cares about the people who enjoy his music. That means that Moz cares about me. :D

Ok so the parts about flesh or fantasy with Jake and morrisey being too far down for gelato to spit out aren't about sex?

I dunno. I didn't read those bits in my copy. Still, it isn't a very descriptive sex scene.

Ok so the parts about flesh or fantasy with Jake and morrisey being too far down for gelato to spit out aren't about sex?

No wonder he only does interviews with obscure foreign blogs as he'd be ripped to shreds by an half-decent journalist. Hence his studied avoidance of any such journalists.

Hopefully no Corporate Label will now touch Morrissey with a barge-pole after the Harvest debacle and he'll be forced to go the crowd-sourcing/Kick-Starter route and take full responsibility for all aspects of his creative output. I can't be the only person who's tired of reading about a supposedly 'radical artist' who has to hide behind the fig-leaf of a capitalist corporation, blaming them for his own errors of taste and judgement. Blaming Harvest is the equivalent of "the dog ate my home-work" so he's in detention with 100 lines: "I am responsible for my Art and Commerce".

Great singer. WPINOYB is his best work but he chose to self-sabotage yet again. His Diva ranting is an amusing stand-up routine but there's hardly a 'conspiracy' to stop him reaching a vast global audience. Even his fans are getting tired of all these excuses and the blame game.
Morrissey is not alone in being exposed as a Corporate Rock Whore. The entire arena circuit is guilty of the same Bonfire of Vanities, including "legends" such as Leonard Cohen who managed to spend decades next to his 'Zen Guru' supposedly without noticing that he was a serial sexual predator

"Who would believe that over a thirty-plus year relationship with Joshu Roshi (they met in 1969) including then five-odd years of service as his personal attendant and chauffeur, and for years a Director on the Rinzai-Ji Board, that Cohen wasn’t aware, when everyone else was, of the oppressive predation tentpoling the old man’s robes?"

"His body is a golden string your body’s hanging from: Leonard Cohen and the disgraced guru"

http://yogaforsmartpeople.com/his-b...ging-from-leonard-cohen-and-a-disgraced-guru/

Whatever his faults, Morrissey isn't as deluded as Laughing Lenny appears to be. Just try going on the 'Leonard Cohen Files' fan shrine and debunking LC as a charlatan and see how long you last. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. My dog has got cancer. It's no fun. But I'm very, very bored of Morrissey's 7 Veil Dance over all this. If he's got cancer and it's going to shorten his life, that's very sad. But if he's merely having pre-cancerous cells removed and is using foreign language interviews to obfuscate, then his gimmick to float his 'life is nothing much to lose' schtick again is simply pathetic.

Enough of this nonsense. It's been interesting to briefly return and reconsider all this. If he makes another recorded music statement I'll listen to it, and he's a brilliant performer in a small venue but pants in an arena. I can see no reason to waste anymore time dealing with his myriad contradictions and evasions as it no longer amuses me.Plus, I have a sick dog to look after.

best
BB
[retired from commenting further....until the next time....]

"They call him "A quintessential troll, an unmistakable icon…"

Morrissey’s deliberately inflammatory remarks may have called his character into question on many occasions, and his click-bait tendencies can cause even the most ardent fan to despair.

'In this Internet age, Morrissey is the quintessential troll'

http://www.clashmusic.com/reviews/li...2-arena-london

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom