Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out tomorrow

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out

How is it possible to feel 'unconditional love' for someone you don't even know? A multi-millionaire who at the end of the day, just sees you as a statistic to buy his records and make him richer? I'm always amazed when fans say things like this. Likewise, I'm sure Morrissey couldn't give 2 shits about being "treated shoddily" by anybody so remote from his real life as a moderator on a fan forum; if he did he wouldn't repeatedly set himself up for a public flogging, as he has done so now and so many times before.

It's extremely possible to feel that love (you should try it) and I feel that about a couple of other singers to whom I owe everything. I dont give a shit if hes a millionare: what the f*** has that got to do with it? I am just another statistic to moz, but I don't care- I don't want him to love me back, he's given me everything I need from him - including the love of my life. He deserves his millions!

And I don't think we should not treat Morrissey with respect because he wont know one way or the other,but because we love him and we're decent people.

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out

Don't talk to me about the sheeple: this is just what's in my heart. You don't have to agree. Just like moz says some crazy shit. If you really can't stand the man he's become, stop reading the interviews. I find the interviews hilarious.

It's extremely possible to feel that love (you should try it) and I feel that about a couple of other singers to whom I owe everything. I dont give a shit if hes a millionare: what the f*** has that got to do with it? I am just another statistic to moz, but I don't care- I don't want him to love me back, he's given me everything I need from him - including the love of my life. He deserves his millions!

And I don't think we should not treat Morrissey with respect because he wont know one way or the other,but because we love him and we're decent people.

Yes, and when he says incredibly indecent things, are we not allowed to comment on it? We're not sheep and we're not children. To think that anyone or anything is beyond criticism is just unbelievable for a grown adult.

What is this, a religion?

Out of curiosity...how old are you?

No I love him for who he is now. Truckig on, ruffling feathers and making me happy.

Yes, and when he says incredibly indecent things, are we not allowed to comment on it? We're not sheep and we're not children. To think that anyone or anything is beyond criticism is just unbelievable for a grown adult.

Maybe that's exactly it, Amy. You're not engaging with a grown adult.

I just think why are bothering? Don't you know what he's like by now? Is this the final final final straw? I've heard it so many times its quite tragic.

I just think why are bothering? Don't you know what he's like by now? Is this the final final final straw? I've heard it so many times its quite tragic.

As tragic as you admitting you find his comments hilarious, and you don't care if he expresses support for a racist and homophobic party? That's pretty tragic.

P.

What is this, a religion?

Out of curiosity...how old are you?

I'm 32, you patronising dick, but at 14 I felt the same so I don't really see how it's relevant. Music is a religion to me.

As tragic as you admitting you find his comments hilarious, and you don't care if he expresses support for a racist and homophobic party? That's pretty tragic.

P.
Well you can feel sorry for me... My relationship with Morrissey will never change. Ps. I wasnt saying I found racist remarks hilarious; just that I find his interviews hilarious. Half if the crap he says is just to get in the papers.

Well you can feel sorry for me... My relationship with Morrissey will never change. Ps. I wasnt saying I found racist remarks hilarious; just that I find his interviews hilarious. Half if the crap he says is just to get in the papers.

OK, we understand each other. Good luck.

P.

Maybe I care too much. It's not as easy for me to write off everything he says and does because he wrote good songs decades ago. I can do that for musicians I'm not really interested in, but Morrissey was always about more than the music, wasn't he? And when someone who was/is intelligent, insightful, creative and interesting...starts sounding like a BNP member, yeah that bothers me. Maybe that's what's wrong with the old guard - we're constantly being let down, but never able to let go.

Maybe I care too much. It's not as easy for me to write off everything he says and does because he wrote good songs decades ago. I can do that for musicians I'm not really interested in, but Morrissey was always about more than the music, wasn't he? And when someone who was/is intelligent, insightful, creative and interesting...starts sounding like a BNP member, yeah that bothers me. Maybe that's what's wrong with the old guard - we're constantly being let down, but never able to let go.
I do know how you feel. But there's no point sitting on the fence and grumbling. Either cut him off or say, oh, this is how he is now, and I can't change it. He's still a witty man. If its worth it to you. It is to me, but I do understand why others feel more strongly. I have issues I feel very strongly about so I do get it. But I know in his heart he's a good person and still the same.

Good luck to you too cos if Morrissey was a religion youd be first against the wall. ;)

I'm an atheist, but nice try. I don't idolise anyone or anything.

P.

You can't take that present of music from him if he's let you down so badly. He never let's me down.

His music isn't a "present"; it's a product, and your relationship with him is entirely commercial.

I'm 32, you patronising dick, but at 14 I felt the same so I don't really see how it's relevant. Music is a religion to me.

If you don't want the grown-ups to patronise you, then I suggest you stop talking like a 14-year-old. For someone previously at pains to show off your feminist credentials here, you do a great job of sounding like a silly, pathetic girly. Well done.

That's one heavy interview. A verbal machine-gun assault with practically none left standing. He's wielding his critical Excalibur almost to the point of excess. A little lightness would be welcome amid the slaughter.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom