Morrissey interview in tportal.hr (Croatian)

Now it makes sense...what he said is that he is a Gemini with Cancer rising, not that he could feel the cancer rising within him ;) Thanks Google Translator!

I'm so glad to read that he's quite a fan of Anna Calvi. Hopefully that means she'll be support for the US tour.

"Never think about the meaning of fans. It is so horrible word. In fact, humiliating." Morrissey

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

best
BB

"Never think about the meaning of fans. It is so horrible word. In fact, humiliating." Morrissey

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

best
BB

Moz has a problem with the word and the connotations, not the feeling. We all know he's the biggest fan boy there is. I love him for it. Makes him even more relatable.

Moz has a problem with the word and the connotations, not the feeling. We all know he's the biggest fan boy there is. I love him for it. Makes him even more relatable.

Of course, 'Gregor Samsa', whatever helps you retain your composure.

best
BB

Of course, 'Gregor Samsa', whatever helps you retain your composure.

best
BB

You're denying this? Does it clash with your world view ("everyone who feels admiration for someone is a putz and Moz feels the same way, because that's how I interpreted a multi-translated interview, filtered through my hateful mind")?

the Moz apologists are entering surreal territory. Moz says he finds being called a fan humiliating; if we say that Moz said that he finds being a fan humiliating we are being hateful? Are you guys like a Moz religion? We must filter our thoughts through the prism of our Moz faith? oi

the Moz apologists are entering surreal territory. Moz says he finds being called a fan humiliating; if we say that Moz said that he finds being a fan humiliating we are being hateful? Are you guys like a Moz religion? We must filter our thoughts through the prism of our Moz faith? oi

Yes, but it's the word and the connotations he dislikes. Not being a f***ing admirer of someone! Jesus. You want to make it out to be about him hating his fans or anyone who feels any sort admiration for anything (Morrissey - the huge fan of Wilde, Betjeman, Johansen, Delaney and not to mention Douglas http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_130222_01 - if that TTY post isn't the words of a fan boy, then nothing is). and that is to me filtering Morrisseys words through a despicable filter.

Yes, but it's the word and the connotations he dislikes. Not being a f***ing admirer of someone! Jesus. You want to make it out to be about him hating his fans or anyone who feels any sort admiration for anything (Morrissey - the huge fan of Wilde, Betjeman, Johansen, Delaney and not to mention Douglas http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_130222_01 - if that TTY post isn't the words of a fan boy, then nothing is). and that is to me filtering Morrisseys words through a despicable filter.

Thank you. How can anyone not understand what he means? He finds the word "fan" condescending, because it implies the audience and the artist are on different levels, as though he has some kind of answer for life that the rest of us cannot find. If anything, an agreement with Morrissey's aversion to the word is a rejection of a "prism of faith," as Anonymous put it.

It's not as though this is something he's just now coming up with, so why the ire after 30 years?

From 1984:
"I get terribly embarrassed when I meet Smiths apostles - I hate the word fan. They seem to expect so much of me. Many of them see me as some kind of religious character who can solve all their problems with a wave of a syllable. It's daunting. The other night we all went out to the Hacienda, and for the entire night I was simply sandwiched between all these Smiths apostles telling me about their problems and what should they do to cleanse themselves of improprieties. I don't always have the answers for everybody else's lives."

Thank you. How can anyone not understand what he means? He finds the word "fan" condescending, because it implies the audience and the artist are on different levels, as though he has some kind of answer for life that the rest of us cannot find. If anything, an agreement with Morrissey's aversion to the word is a rejection of a "prism of faith," as Anonymous put it.

It's not as though this is something he's just now coming up with, so why the ire after 30 years?

From 1984:
"I get terribly embarrassed when I meet Smiths apostles - I hate the word fan. They seem to expect so much of me. Many of them see me as some kind of religious character who can solve all their problems with a wave of a syllable. It's daunting. The other night we all went out to the Hacienda, and for the entire night I was simply sandwiched between all these Smiths apostles telling me about their problems and what should they do to cleanse themselves of improprieties. I don't always have the answers for everybody else's lives."
Thank you.

Just like he hates the term homosexual and yet is one?

Cue CG coming in here to say he's not gay, he loves vaginas and is a lesbian trapped in a man's body, or whatever it is she tells herself to think she has a chance with him.

From 1984:

Exactly. I was asking myself that very question. Nothing new here, kids...

Well said, Gregor and Chickpea :)

From 1984:

Clearly a case of Moz saying one thing and practicing another. Think Julia, Margaret Dale, The BRS, The Irregular Regulars. He courts the sycophants, the apostles, the FANS. Without them he'd lose his core FANbase. He doesn't want to be equal with the audience. If he did, he would regard a heckler's opinion as being just as valid and worth hearing as his own. It is not a democracy in Moz's world. It is a dictatorship. Blind obedience or off with their heads--err, I mean off the stage.

So your perception of Morrissey is more credible than his own? I want to laugh, but the disgust is too overwhelming.

Last edited:
I'm so glad to read that he's quite a fan of Anna Calvi. Hopefully that means she'll be support for the US tour.

Of course he is a fan of Anna Calvi and he did'nt say a word about her before she opened for him. He knows so much about these things.I like Anna Calvi too.

Morrissey is not a fan of the word 'homosexual'. Please use 'humasexual' from now on, but not in relation to Jake Whatsiname as that relationship didn't include gayness.

best
BB

If he said he hates the word tennis shoes, wishing athletic shoes to be called trainers, I'd still call the things on my feet tennis shoes. A rose is a rose no matter what you choose to call it.

Morrissey is not a fan of the word 'homosexual'. Please use 'humasexual' from now on, but not in relation to Jake Whatsiname as that relationship didn't include gayness.

best
BB

If he said he hates the word tennis shoes, wishing athletic shoes to be called trainers, I'd still call the things on my feet tennis shoes. A rose is a rose no matter what you choose to call it.

Hahaha, we should complile these words for future reference (then Uncleskinny could earn few bob for Only Connect question).

:lbf:

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom