Morrissey interview in Ultima Hora (Paraguay)

"David Bowie and Roxy Music were receiving all the praise, but never were as ingenious."

Yeah, i'm sure there are people who think Suede and Pulp were receiving all the praise but were never as ingenious as
Shed Seven :)

Wow! This is the most revealing interview to date from a very private person. Short, precise and informative, but you need to read between the lines. This release of information comes from aging, expect more in the future. Is he hiring for that animal sanctuary?

Ha! I've been wanting to do the same thing. He could definitely volunteer at mine! :)

The naked sea swim ambition is one he's had for a while. I remember when Gal Uchovsky and Lior Ashkenazi met Morrissey, one of them recounted that he told them he wanted to get naked, cover himself in mud and float in the Dead Sea as an homage to a scene in their film Walk on Water. It's quite a striking image... :p

In the name of the Paris victims please crawl back under your rock and throw your arms around your animals you twat !

Pierre

That is why the victims at Bataclan are called innocents, cause you're still alive.

The naked sea swim ambition is one he's had for a while. I remember when Gal Uchovsky and Lior Ashkenazi met Morrissey, one of them recounted that he told them he wanted to get naked, cover himself in mud and float in the Dead Sea as an homage to a scene in their film Walk on Water. It's quite a striking image... :p

Swimming naked in the sea or lake is one of the most liberating things to do. I think everyone should do it (at least once).
Also, have been covered in warm mud from neck down in one of Slovakia's health spas. O M F G!

Too much ketamine, not enough sun.

Yes you're right! K won't work here...It'll take a higher dosage of Sun to melt THAT troll.

Now, Were are ya.. Butchy Boy? come out from under that keyboard and let my rays do
some loving correction on ya. Much needed... Mister Barleycorn agrees.

Open letter to Morrissey: if you want to do a naked polar bear plunge in ocean on NYE after concert, i am up for it. You=Gorgeous

"David Bowie and Roxy Music were receiving all the praise, but never were as ingenious."

Yeah, i'm sure there are people who think Suede and Pulp were receiving all the praise but were never as ingenious as
Shed Seven :)

:thumb: yeah right! Maybe if he said Slade or Sweet were not as ingenious as the Dolls...then o.k. But Bowie & Roxy?

I think Bowie might have even invented the word 'ingenious'.

Though it just goes to show, How M in order to make a point(to emphasize something important to him), will foolishly generalize or knowingly exaggerate... Even if it's just to ruffle some feathers.

Last edited:
:thumb: yeah right! Maybe if he said Slade or Sweet were not as ingenious as the Dolls...then o.k. But Bowie & Roxy?

I think Bowie might have even invented the word 'ingenious'.

Though it just goes to show, How M in order to make a point(to emphasize something important to him), will foolishly generalize or knowingly exaggerate... Even if it's just to ruffle some feathers.

Hmm, I'm not totally sure I agree with that statement, about Bowie.

While I do enjoy the Dame's music a lot, I would refer to Bowie more as 'astute' than 'ingenious'. His success in popular music has been more to do with recognising a particular style and aping this in order to gain audience. Bowie owes something to Anthony Newley, Marc Bolan, Bob Dylan, Scott Walker, all in various doses and during various 'phases' of his career. And then when he became bored of the cult rock star tag he sold his back catalogue, got his teeth done and sold out. And if you think about it, his career (in terms of critical acclaim, at least) has only recovered from this in very recent years.

Hmm, I'm not totally sure I agree with that statement, about Bowie.

While I do enjoy the Dame's music a lot, I would refer to Bowie more as 'astute' than 'ingenious'. His success in popular music has been more to do with recognising a particular style and aping this in order to gain audience. Bowie owes something to Anthony Newley, Marc Bolan, Bob Dylan, Scott Walker, all in various doses and during various 'phases' of his career. And then when he became bored of the cult rock star tag he sold his back catalogue, got his teeth done and sold out. And if you think about it, his career (in terms of critical acclaim, at least) has only recovered from this in very recent years.

Yes agree, I was just exaggerating a bit there. I do hope he's 'astute' enough that his new one will be as brilliant as 'Outside' at least. Though from the single... Just don't know. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I would think that as he gets closer to his own mortality...It would spark something profound.

'rabbits and dogs and the passing time'... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9WSqQS1PJg

It's called trolling.

wouldn't call that 'trolling', which to me has more of a negative connotation. Guess I'm old fashioned that way.

tomato/tomahto

Last edited:
I'm hooked by the new one. It's got to be said. I don't usually go in for ten minute epics because of the capacity in which I listen to music nowadays - usually on a commute or when walking. I like short, snappy songs and tend to skip regularly in favour of something else. But that being said, I've listened all the way through many times and like it more than pretty much anything on the last record, which was probably trying to be too many things to too many people. And I think fans were just glad that he was making some sort of music (and that sleeve art - ugh!)

I'm hooked by the new one. It's got to be said. I don't usually go in for ten minute epics because of the capacity in which I listen to music nowadays - usually on a commute or when walking. I like short, snappy songs and tend to skip regularly in favour of something else. But that being said, I've listened all the way through many times and like it more than pretty much anything on the last record, which was probably trying to be too many things to too many people. And I think fans were just glad that he was making some sort of music (and that sleeve art - ugh!)

If you are talking about the new Bowie song - I think it's shit! And World peace in contrary is magnificent in my eyes (ears)!

Yes you're right! K won't work here...It'll take a higher dosage of Sun to melt THAT troll.

Now, Were are ya.. Butchy Boy? come out from under that keyboard and let my rays do
some loving correction on ya. Much needed... Mister Barleycorn agrees.

Only teasing, K. I rather enjoy your posts. I think you're potty, but in a nice way. :thumb:

Completely agree. As for ''ingenious'' or ''astute''....surely there is truth in what you wrote, however, it's not a Bowie forum, so won't dwelve into this, point is, champining NYD over Bowie or Roxy is a bit laughable.

Only teasing, K. I rather enjoy your posts. I think you're potty, but in a nice way. :thumb:

Well now, both you and God FINALLY agree on something! I'm glad you're both enjoying my posts.

potty post hot totty !

kS:)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom