Morrissey interview + Polaroid photo in German Spiegel magazine

"Ich bin für Klartext" - Spiegel Online

(Excerpt before paywall via Google Translate)

Morrissey's worldview "I'm for plain text"

"Morrissey praises the Brexit referendum, defends Kevin Spacey and calls Berlin a "rape capital" because of its open borders. seriously?"

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, a musician just Morrissey calls, now Genius is or Schrat, self-actor or choleric poet, will probably never settle final. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of pop band The Smiths, is a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

An interview with Juliane Liebert

41404_morrissey-spiegel.jpg

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?

Full transcript (Google Translate to English), original German text posted by Cornflakes

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think his words are extremely problematic. I was in Dusseldorf this summer and noticed the efforts being made to help Syrian refugees settle in. Claiming that 'real Germans' are 'historic Germans' can only have one logical interpretation: New Germans aren't 'real Germans'. Germany is a proposition nation. So is England. They are not 'historic blood-line cultures'. It is very challenging to offer a view that suggests the only 'real Germans' are those who exhibit the traditional historic cultural motifs of Germany.

I googled 'Berlin rape capital' and the top three news stories related to a donkey rape. Perhaps that's why he's so upset.

why don't you google properly?

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9934/germany-rape-january
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/g...mitted-by-migrants-statistics-show-2017-04-25
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/25/migrant-crime-germany-rises-50-per-cent-new-figures-show/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ences-including-sex-assaults-murder-rise.html

Last edited:
He sidestepped the question regarding the USA being a society composed of many cultures, etc.

Wouldn’t want to offend his massive Latino fan base. They buy a lot of albums and tickets.

Wow! Just when I thought that I couldn't fall any more out of love with the man, he opens his mouth again and boom! Instant pool-dick. The sheep will keep making excuses for him though. Not me, the guy has lost his mind completely. He should f*** off from music and start working for Breitbart.

Via Google translate....some seriously nutso stuff here...

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, who calls himself as a musician only Morrissey , now Genius or Schrat, self-starring or choleric poet, will probably never be clarified. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of the pop band The Smiths, a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?

Morrissey: I never expected him to be elected. I was also in LA during the attacks on the World Trade Center, and the city stood still. DEI humans were rigid with shock. No cars on the streets. It was the same atmosphere as the announcement of Trump's election. It was as if the world ended httte. Re-election? Maybe, I have no faith in the political elite anymore.

SPIEGEL: If there was a button here and if you pressed on it, Trump fell over dead - would you press it or not?

Morrissey: Wow for the safety of mankind. It has nothing to do with my personal opinion of his face or his family, but in the interest of humanity, I would like to speak.

SPIEGEL: From a German point of view, there were two events last year, of which people believe they would not enter. Trump and Brexit. But Brexit is your name, is that true?

Morrissey: That IS NOT TRUE. The outcome of the Brexit referendum fascinates me because it was a victory for democracy. The people said yes. Although Westminster said no. DEI political elite and the establishment have said no. No, no, no, we stay in the EU. And the public has ignored the media and decided for themselves, that's why Brexit is important to SEHr. He has been the greatest democratic victory in British history for many, many years. Whether or not Brexit is good is another matter, but I was very stubborn about the British ignoring the BBC, ignoring Sky News, who always said: If we leave the EU, we'll all die.

SPIEGEL: Is the song "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage" actually a pro-Brexit song? It is said that Jacky stands for the Union Jack.

Morrissey: That IS the idiocy I have to live with. DEI journalists claim I would say something WHAT I DO NOT SAY. The song IS NOT political. That IS absolute nonsense, and they never apologize to mi. They just want to be negative.

SPIEGEL: Another song from the new album is called "The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Would not Kneel", the girl who never kneels.

Morrissey: I love this city. The REST OF THE WORLD does not like Israel well. But the people THERE ARE GROOVY and friendly. MAN should never judge ONE PEOPLE AFTER his government. It is rare for the government to reflect the wishes of the people. Certainly not in England. Certainly not in America. Probably not in Germany.

SPIEGEL: What do you think about the anti-Israeli BDS movement? So in particular of artists who do not appear in Israel for political reasons?

Morrissey: I AM against it. When I play in Russia, I do not sing Fxr Putin. I sing for the people there. It is absurd and narrow-minded. Being politically correct IS incorrect. It IS absurd. It means forbidding the freedom of speech. This is how the BDS movement sounds to me.

SPIEGEL: You've been campaigning for animal rights for ten years. If it were in your hands, what would you change?

Morrissey: I would ban the slaughterhouse. I have never been in my life choosing. I have never cast my vote for any political party. I raise my voice for the party abolishing the slaughterhouse. Animals should be born free and live their lives. They should not be born slaves. I do not understand why anyone thinks animals deserve to be hacked. If you allow the slaughterhouse to continue, you say: The Holocaust is great. Auschwit though fantastic. Let us continue. It is exactly the same. If you do not believe me, go to a slaughterhouse.

SPIEGEL: Since we're here in Hollywood, have you followed the debates on Harvey S`qs`q, Kevin Spacey, and #MeToo?

Morrissey: Up to a point, yes BUT then it became a play. All at once ALL owe. Anyone who has ever said to someone else, "I like you," is suddenly being charged with sexual harassment. You have to put these things into the right relations. If I can not tell anyone that I like him, how would he ever know? Of course, there are extreme cases, rape is disgusting, any physical attack is repugnant. But we have to SEE it in proportion. Otherwise, every person on this planet is guilty. We can not decide permanently from above, WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT. Because then we are ALL in the trap. Some people are already awkward when it comes to romance. They do not know what to do and then their behavior is aggressive.

SPIEGEL: What do you think of Spacey, one of the main characters in a movie, replacing her with the launch date?

Morrissey: I think that's ridiculous. As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26, boy 14. One wonders where the boy's parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what would happen. I do not know about you but in my youth I have never been in situations like this. Never. I was always aware of what could happen. When you are in somebody's bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to. That's why it does not sound very credible to me. It seems to me that Spacey has been unnecessarily attacked.

SPIEGEL: Is this also supposed to apply to the actresses who went to the hotel room with S'qs`q?

Morrissey: People know exactly what's going on. And they play along. Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: I was attacked, I was surprised, I was shattered into THE room. But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it. I hate rape. I hate attacks. I hate sexual situations that are forced on someone. But in many cases one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person who is considered a victim is merely disappointed. Throughout the history of music and rock 'n' roll there have been musicians who slept with their groupies. If you go through history, almost everyone is guilty of sleeping with minors. Why not throw everyone in jail at the same time?

SPIEGEL: David Bowie has deflowered a 15-year-old, according to the person concerned.

Morrissey: That was absolutely normal back then ...

SPIEGEL: Have you ever been in such a situation?

Morrissey: No. SPIEGEL: Neither on one side or the other?

Morrissey: No. Never, never, never.

SPIEGEL: Is provocation an important element of your art?

Morrissey: What is provocation? Stimulation?

SPIEGEL: Do you say some of the more provocative things just to stand against certain currents in the current general world view? "Political life is falling apart everywhere - in a sense, that makes me happy."

Morrissey: Yes, I mean, you have to open the debate. Just as one should not boycott Israel. You have to sit down and listen to people. You can not say I'm not listening, you're not in my opinion, BLSor are you wrong. This IS also the problem with a large part of the British press. They like to talk to me BUT then they print an interview in which they do not write WHAT I said. That's wrong, because it's my moral point of view, not theirs. Provocation is too strong a word, but I'm in plain language.

SPIEGEL: What's the last lie about you?

Morrissey: That "Jacky" would be a song about Brexit. But that's the British press. This is the "Loony Left", the crazy left, they are so extreme. They are in between like the "Third Reich". They can not be influenced, and one MUST have no other opinion Mier. It's VERY boring, and it's pretty dangerous. DEI people today are obsessed with where they are politically. They are narrow-minded. Be it the right ODE the left. I'm not political, I'm apolitical, but I'm a human being that exists in the world today. Everything we do has to do with politics. But as I said, I've never voted for any party in my life.

SPIEGEL: Yeah, that's what you said.

Morrissey: Theresa May IS absurd. Donald Trump IS absurd. They have no sense of how to lead people. When they talk about ODE you know YOU have no idea about it. Theresa May has no idea WHAT she SHOULD do. It's very sad . he political life is falling apart all over the world. In a sense, I am pleased that because already the idea of President and Prime Minister mi appears extremely old-fashioned. The idea that a single person, be it a father or a mother, saves us from all evil, is quite absurd.

SPIEGEL: You mean, the world is just going through puberty?

Morrissey: Yes! DEI people are sorry for the establishment. ALL are tired. We do not believe anyone else. We do not believe in the old power structures anymore. DEI poor stay ARM no matter WHAT happens. DEI Militarization THE world is outdated, IT is not working. So when we see political figures modeled after political figures of the fifties, with ties, beautiful shoes, and good suits, it's an old-fashioned principle. That's not how the world is. There are always more people like me in the world,

What is the role of music in this constellation?

Morrissey: Music IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. The key to survival. Music is now being censored, IT is controlled so that IT IS ONLY entertainment. Trot zdem will all those who have something to say, find a way, the z utun. Music is our one and only friend.

SPIEGEL: What do you think about the situation in Germany?

Morrissey: Every second I've ever spent in Germany was a privilege. Germany was a friend. I'm not very enthusiastic about the EU BUT that's not important. But I do not want to be part of a German empire. And I do not think England should be part of a German empire.

SPIEGEL: You think the EU is a German Empire? Morrissey: Yes. And so many people think. Maybe that's why people voted for Brexit. England could not make any more decisions without turning to Germany.

SPIEGEL: So you think Angela Merkel is the mother of Europe?

Morrissey: Nunsie is smart enough not to say much. She stays silent, which is very interesting. but I'm sad that Berlin has become the rape capital.

SPIEGEL: The what? Capital of the Rape?

Morrissey: Yes, yes1 Because of the open borders. Many people think it was a mistake of Angela Merkel, that she said in the beginning: "Come, come all here!" And then: "Yikes, yikes, but not!"
SPIEGEL: So you are against to take on fugitives?

Morrissey: Okay, let's talk about multiculturalism. I want THAT Germany is German. I want France to be French. If you try to make everything multicultural, you will not have any culture at the end of your meal. ALL European countries have fought for their identity for many, many years. And now they just throw it away. I think that's sad.

MIRROR: But they live in the US, which came into being in their current form because people came from everywhere.

Morrissey: Every single country has its history of revolutions and liberation. Other countries do not have your story. It is not easy to connect THAT. When people immigrate, they bring their religion and their customs with them and try to establish them. And there begins the confusion.

SPIEGEL: So you say everyone should stay where he is?

Morrissey: (laughs loudly) No. But I think every country should keep its identity. Millions of people have died for German identity. If you think you deserve respect, then you must protect your country. MIRROR: Mr. Morrissey, we thank you for this interview.

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/morri...nd-merkels-fluechtlingspolitik-a-1178545.html

Interesting that he would do an in person interview, it's been years. Also, "if I can't tell a person I like HIM". Finally, letting is slip that he is into men. It is way,.way past his time to have a home and a partner.

I wish he would avoid talking if he's just going to upset everyone all the time. That Kevin Spacey part of the interview is very dodgy.

I agree. It felt like he kept switching between talking about spacey and the situation at large. When regarding the situation at large I can maybe see what he’s getting at but in regards to the spacey situation regarding he 14yo then he’s getting creepy and just in the wrong. The Berlin comments were also weird. No matter how you slice how he feels about different cultures he cleary seems to feel that one culture that came in had a bunch of rapists in it

"The Gatestone Institute is a right-wing think tank that publishes articles, particularly pertaining to Islam and the Middle East. The organization has attracted attention for publishing false articles."

Google properly?

That's exactly what I was about to say! Even if their supposed list of sexual assaults has some validity, it means nothing as they aren't comparing it with the full amount of sexual assaults perpetrated by white men. Just dubious descriptions of "dark skinned" people. What a load of nonsense.

Yikes..... seriously, yikes.
Normally I can somewhat hand wave (much to my chagrin) some his silly musings, but the whole victim blaming thing here is absolutely shameful.

It isn't clear at all. His remarks slandering Chinese people en masse as a 'sub-species' was a grotesquely racist blunder. His politics are incomprehensible.

Well, when he calls them that because they literally torture the animals they eat to death, because they think the pain and fear they encounter actually releases hormones into their systems which causes the meat to taste better.

I've seen chinese videos where they boil living dogs to death in giant woks and beat them with sticks if they try to escape.

I've also seen chinese videos where they beat cowering dogs to death with baseball bats in chinese slaughterhouses.

I've also seen chinese videos where people accidentally run over pedestrians, and go back and run over them again and again until they are dead, because there is a chinese law thats says if you injure someone you must pay for their care for the rest of your life, but if you accidental kill someone you pay a one time fee and have some jail time.

SO YES. Morrissey is 100% correct in calling them a sub-species.

Morrissey - The greatest troll to have ever lived.

02-troll-face.w710.h473.2x.jpg

It's a very good interview. I find his sayings very reasonable and sensible. Except the part where he somehow intends to exculpate Kevin Spacey blaming the parents of the abused child. It doesn't work that way. If you are an adult you are not supposed to take advantage of bad parents to abuse of their child. You are a criminal and deserve to be in jail if you do that. Sex with minors, especially an attempted rape, is a big NO. It doesn't matter if you are gay or not. I need to believe Morrissey is not defending Spacey thinking he is "one of our own", because he is not. He is one of the sexual predators, no matter what kind of personal history made him that way. He already is there.

I'm glad he explained why he doesn't agree with EU, it's something a lot of people think about but nobody dares to say it so clearly in public. It's pretty obvious we all like and respect Germany in so many ways, I have a little German ancestry and all Germans I know are decent and honourable working people, smart and very kind. Except Merkel and company, but we all know where (or who) she comes from. Anyway, German imperial dreams have been a nightmare for the rest of Europe, and the same German people have been part of the victims of those dreams turned nightmares, just like it's beginning to happen now. Again.

Visitors of Wyngarde-solo.com Alarmed to Learn Singer Does Not Hold Exactly Their Views

This evening wyngarde-solo.com has been ablaze with comments from both regulars and anonymous visitors. Many of them are upset that a pop singer does not hold the same views that they do. LeedsLad, a regular, insists that the singer is racist because of a comment the singer did not make, yet was nonetheless published in Netherlands Monthly Entertainment. Others, like Flakefluster, have continued making the same assertions as usual while modifying the contents of an interview published in a language they don't understand to match their beliefs that everyone who doesn't believe that everything is alright could not possibly be fully alright themselves. MaidenAuntFatty, another regular, insists that Wyngarde is attempting to implant programs designed by the NSA into their prefrontal cortex so that they will, despite loathing Wyngarde, continue to visit the primary website dedicated to the singer while eating pork rinds.

Updates as they unfold!

It's a very good interview. I find his sayings very reasonable and sensible. Except the part where he somehow intends to exculpate Kevin Spacey blaming the parents of the abused child. It doesn't work that way. If you are an adult you are not supposed to take advantage of bad parents to abuse of their child. You are a criminal and deserve to be in jail if you do that. Sex with minors, especially an attempted rape, is a big NO. It doesn't matter if you are gay or not. I need to believe Morrissey is not defending Spacey thinking he is "one of our own", because he is not. He is one of the sexual predators, no matter what kind of personal history made him that way. He already is there.

I'm glad he explained why he doesn't agree with EU, it's something a lot of people think about but nobody dares to say it so clearly in public. It's pretty obvious we all like and respect Germany in so many ways, I have a little German ancestry and all Germans I know are decent and honourable working people, smart and very kind. Except Merkel and company, but we all know where (or who) she comes from. Anyway, German imperial dreams have been a nightmare for the rest of Europe, and the same German people have been part of the victims of those dreams turned nightmares, just like it's beginning to happen now. Again.

Did you not read this in 2013? - I’d hang on to sterling, yet withdraw from the Europe Fan Club, and I’d plough the wasteful cost of being euro back into the NHS; I’d stop foreign aid because we’ve been nice enough in that department, and I’d allow the British people to hold on to their own money.”

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2013/01/morrissey-i-nearly-voted-ukip

You're linking some really valid "news" sites there, buddy. Might as well link some Red State, Daily Caller, and Breitbart stories as well.
My point was that there is more than "donkey rape" in that google search. I'm not vouching for the validity of each article (That could go on for ever and ever #fakenews) I'm just illustrating the debate. Which news sites are "valid" then in your view?

Did you not read this in 2013? - I’d hang on to sterling, yet withdraw from the Europe Fan Club, and I’d plough the wasteful cost of being euro back into the NHS; I’d stop foreign aid because we’ve been nice enough in that department, and I’d allow the British people to hold on to their own money.”

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2013/01/morrissey-i-nearly-voted-ukip

Those are Morrissey's views. They are very reasonable. Do you agree?

Those are Morrissey's views. The are very reasonable. Do you agree?
Of course I do... I am a Brexiteer!

Which is why I bang my head against the wall when I hear ignorant knowledge of Brexit from some people. The same applies to Nigel Farage and UKIP.

I have been a fan for 30 years. I will not buy this new album. I will not go to see any new concerts. I find this man now to be out of touch and, to put it kindly, misinformed. I'm done. Adiós, pinche Morrissey, me rompiste el puto corazón.
Close the door when you leave please

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom