Morrissey interview + Polaroid photo in German Spiegel magazine

"Ich bin für Klartext" - Spiegel Online

(Excerpt before paywall via Google Translate)

Morrissey's worldview "I'm for plain text"

"Morrissey praises the Brexit referendum, defends Kevin Spacey and calls Berlin a "rape capital" because of its open borders. seriously?"

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, a musician just Morrissey calls, now Genius is or Schrat, self-actor or choleric poet, will probably never settle final. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of pop band The Smiths, is a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

An interview with Juliane Liebert

41404_morrissey-spiegel.jpg

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?

Full transcript (Google Translate to English), original German text posted by Cornflakes

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Can you help me? I'm looking for a singer named Morrissey. He was this sweet guy who wrote great songs and gave these really great interviews that made me laugh out loud in public places.

I don't know who this person is featured in this article. Obviously, he is someone not very sophisticated; actually very "common" in his views. He sounds like a bit of a Nazi who's anti-refugee and perhaps even a pedophile-lover to boot.

Children have a right to be loved and protected, too; not just animals. It's not unheard of for a sexual predator to pose as a bus driver; a teacher or in the case of Kevin Spacey, a "family friend". Under modern law, children cannot consent to sexual relations with an adult (how's that for Plain Text); "blaming the victim" which was a common tactic for centuries only just perpetuates this kind of behavior to flourish; that kind of mentality is just not accepted in the Modern Age with most people.

Gloria Steinem once said that, "Women get more radical with age, while men get more conservative" and I think that's what exactly happened to Morrissey. He's simply forsaken his feminist heroes for this Old White Male privilege mentality, only to the very extreme. He seems to take the attitude of certain people should be allowed to be "above the law" because of their talent or their wealth.

I like to think the Morrissey I once loved may have been the victim of alien abduction, but I fear he has been somehow been abducted instead by xenophobia (which has taken Europe by storm) hatred of all that is decent, and just filled with general misinformationski. No matter how much you try to ignore it, it doesn't help promote a mediocre album or more importantly, even add to the hope of humanity.

Good luck what's left of your career, Morrissey. You've appeared naked in my dreams and all I see standing in front of me is an ugly, ugly man.

SPIEGEL Plus, so you have to pay if you want to read the whole interview.

Good man, you keep at it, the world is watching!!

# verg anarchy in the uk 2017!!! (Or sometime in the future.)

You simply don't have a credible response, do you? LOL!

Morrissey reserves the right to complain about sexual assault but denies it to others? Can you see a problem?

A ludicrous over-reaction to airport security yet he thinks he can pontificate on the appropriateness of Kevin Spacey's behaviour towards a 14 year old boy in a bedroom? What kind of mental derangement constitutes Morrissey's mind?

I just thought I'd wait a while before raising the LAX/TSA stuff. Funny how nobody from within The Cult thought to link these stories. Happy to do so for you all!

#VegAnarchyInTheUK

#CashmereIsMurder

You simply don't have a credible response, do you? LOL!

Morrissey reserves the right to complain about sexual assault but denies it to others? Can you see a problem?

A ludicrous over-reaction to airport security yet he thinks he can pontificate on the appropriateness of Kevin Spacey's behaviour towards a 14 year old boy in a bedroom? What kind of mental derangement constitutes Morrissey's mind?

I just thought I'd wait a while before raising the LAX/TSA stuff. Funny how nobody from within The Cult thought to link these stories. Happy to do so for you all!

#VegAnarchyInTheUK

#CashmereIsMurder

No what I'm enjoying is right at the start of this thread you said it was a Morrissey attempt to troll, and yet here you are 26 pages in and still going strong! :lbf::lbf: If so Morrissey's troll game is on point, you just can't stay away from this thread :brows: Anyhoo dude, I certainly AM looking forward to VegAnarchyInTheUK, it's been along time coming, I'm sure it will be a gamechanger. :guitar:

No what I'm enjoying is right at the start of this thread you said it was a Morrissey attempt to troll, and yet here you are 26 pages in and still going strong! :lbf::lbf: If so Morrissey's troll game is on point, you just can't stay away from this thread :brows: Anyhoo dude, I certainly AM looking forward to VegAnarchyInTheUK, it's been along time coming, I'm sure it will be a gamechanger. :guitar:

Ha. I think Brummie's been on the wine gums tonight.

No what I'm enjoying is right at the start of this thread you said it was a Morrissey attempt to troll, and yet here you are 26 pages in and still going strong! :lbf::lbf: If so Morrissey's troll game is strong, you kust can't stay away from this thread :brows: Anyhoo dude, I certainly AM looking forward to VegAnarchyInTheUK, it's been along time coming, I'm sure it will be a gamechanger. :guitar:

Let's talk about sex, baby. Let's talk about LAX vs Morrissey...

Your attempt to divert me from pointing out the elephant in this room is amusing in it's desperation but won't work. Morrissey had a big cry-baby tantrum about being 'molested' by a TSA guard in full daylight but thinks he can opine on the validity of complaints against Weinstein and Stacey?

You are a total Cult casualty but that's fine. It just adds to the fun of Debunking Morrissey.

So, was Morrissey sexually assaulted at Los Angeles airport? If you think he was, how did he contribute to causing his assault? Dressing as a humsexualist? Signing songs about having 'explosive kegs between my legs'?

You, my friend, simply do not have a response other than to kiss Morrissey's ass. But don't be surprised if he accuses you of 'sexual assault' next time you do so...

Game. Set. Match.

Ha. I think Brummie's been on the wine gums tonight.

I'm actually drinking a nice glass of Aussie Shiraz whilst watching the opening episode of 'I'm A Celebrity'. Tell me, 'Orson Swells', how do you think Morrissey contributed to his 'sexual assault' at LAX airport? How did he provoke it?

*smirks*

Let's talk about sex, baby. Let's talk about LAX vs Morrissey...

Your attempt to divert me from pointing out the elephant in this room is amusing in it's desperation but won't work. Morrissey had a big cry-baby tantrum about being 'molested' by a TSA guard in full daylight but thinks he can opine on the validity of complaints against Weinstein and Stacey?

You are a total Cult casualty but that's fine. It just adds to the fun of Debunking Morrissey.

So, was Morrissey sexually assaulted at Los Angeles airport? If you think he was, how did he contribute to causing his assault? Dressing as a humsexualist? Signing songs about having 'explosive kegs between my legs'?

You, my friend, simply do not have a response other than to kiss Morrissey's ass. But don't be surprised if he accuses you of 'sexual assault' next time you do so...

Game. Set. Match

What match are we playing fella? I'm current;y playing Mozza's new album and loving it, nothing you can say will change that.

I browse these threads and occasionally comment, I like the LOLZ.

Can Morrisey be a hypocrite on occasions? Yup he can. Wow, you really got me bigtime with that admission :lbf::lbf::lbf: Wait right here while I go outside and burn all my Morrissey merch :eek: OR I could just continue to listen to his fabulous new long player and enjoy my life. :guitar::thumb::cool:

I'm actually drinking a nice glass of Aussie Shiraz whilst watching the opening episode of 'I'm A Celebrity'. Tell me, 'Orson Swells', how do you think Morrissey contributed to his 'sexual assault' at LAX airport? How did he provoke it?

*smirks*

Get into NZ wines, they're better ;-)

What match are we playing fella? I'm current;y playing Mozza's new album and loving it, nothing you can say will change that.

I browse these threads and occasionally comment, I like the LOLZ.

Can Morrisey be a hypocrite on occasions? Yup he can. Wow, you really got me bigtime with that admission :lbf::lbf::lbf: Wait right here while I go outside and burn all my Morrissey merch :eek: OR I could just continue to listen to his fabulous new long player and enjoy my life. :guitar::thumb::cool:

erm.....you still haven't engaged with my concerns so i'm at a loss why you continue to communicate with me other than to troll.

I'm aware that the hard-core Cult cannot be saved but it's clear from reviews and the mood music on Twitter that Morrissey has shot himself in the foot with regard to Kevin Spacey.

If you don't have anything of relevance to contribute to the topic of this thread, why not f*** off and listen to that shit LIHS album? I really won't miss you!

I'm actually drinking a nice glass of Aussie Shiraz whilst watching the opening episode of 'I'm A Celebrity'.

That's what I thought. Exactly your mental level. *smirks*

Tell me, 'Orson Swells', how do you think Morrissey contributed to his 'sexual assault' at LAX airport? How did he provoke it?
I'm flattered that you defer to me, but how would I know anything about that? Not everyone likes to bathe in faux moral outrage like you. Hope the pop career is going well.

erm.....you still haven't engaged with my concerns so i'm at a loss why you continue to communicate with me other than to troll.

I'm aware that the hard-core Cult cannot be saved but it's clear from reviews and the mood music on Twitter that Morrissey has shot himself in the foot with regard to Kevin Spacey.

If you don't have anything of relevance to contribute to the topic of this thread, why not f*** off and listen to that shit LIHS album? I really won't miss you!

Now, now, swearing doesn't become you, it denotes a loss of self control.

Morrissey is in BIG TROUBLE!

Perez Hilton has found out about the victim-blaming! Once Perez gives the kiss of death to a career, that's it...

Morrissey is in BIG TROUBLE!

Perez Hilton has found out about the victim-blaming! Once Perez gives the kiss of death to a career, that's it...

It's good to know Perez is still alive!! I thought 'it' died years ago!!

That's what I thought. Exactly your mental level. *smirks*

I'm flattered that you defer to me, but how would I know anything about that? Not everyone likes to bathe in faux moral outrage like you. Hope the pop career is going well.

This is very funny. Nobody mentioned the LAX elephant in the room.....was Morrissey just 'disappointed' by his supposed 'sexual assault' by the TSA?

A glass of Shiraz wine is 'problematic'....?......O...K....

I haven't got the time or inclination to read through all this stuff but the one thing I'd like journalists to ask Morrissey are his views on the British authorities allowing the Irish to migrate to Manchester, as presumably his parents did.
They arrived in Manchester with their Irish accents and their Irish looks, and arguably diluted the English character of Manchester (as he would argue the immigrants have done to Germany). Should the authorities have stopped his parents from moving to Manchester so that Britain could stay more British and Ireland more Irish? His views on immigration seem bonkers for someone who's a) from a family of immigrants, and b) has who's spent the last 30 odd years largely living in foreign countries.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom