Morrissey interview + Polaroid photo in German Spiegel magazine

"Ich bin für Klartext" - Spiegel Online

(Excerpt before paywall via Google Translate)

Morrissey's worldview "I'm for plain text"

"Morrissey praises the Brexit referendum, defends Kevin Spacey and calls Berlin a "rape capital" because of its open borders. seriously?"

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, a musician just Morrissey calls, now Genius is or Schrat, self-actor or choleric poet, will probably never settle final. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of pop band The Smiths, is a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

An interview with Juliane Liebert

41404_morrissey-spiegel.jpg

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?

Full transcript (Google Translate to English), original German text posted by Cornflakes

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey calls Kevin Spacey claims 'not credible' in latest attempt to say something controversial

Kevin Spacey is a great actor. He should be allowed to harass and molest as many peeps as he wants. It's "presidential" in America, doncha know?

Sub-human would be better defined as “defending a racist, washed-up, paedophile-apologist, hypocritical douche-bag - despite the presence of clear and easily descernable truths.”

If you’re into the music this slack-hack is tossing-off - bully for you. Simply means you’ve got no taste.

BUT...
If you are still apologizing for the hateful, scum-worthy slurry that dribbles from his mouth and keyboard, you’re a proper Moz-righteous piece of shit.

Humanity doesn’t need you. You’re a major part of the problem. Why not go outside and play a nice game of hide and go f*** yourself?

#staythef***awayfrommychild
#paedoapologistcreepoidf***s
#sickalloveryourcashmerepullover

Very fair point but he seems to have forgotten so much from the past which is why his support for Israel is so one eyed.

Don't worry Mags, I hear that 'Palestine' will be amongst the bonus tracks yet to be released.

Interestingly, Morrissey doesn't apply the same rules to himself. He was quick to raise the roof when he made a rather questionable claim of having been sexually assaulted at LAX. Perhaps he shouldn't have dressed so provocatively and avoided arousing the TSA officer! Perhaps, on reflection, he thinks he was also to blame.

Morrissey alleges sexual assault by security guard at US airport
Officials say standard procedures were being followed after former Smiths frontman files complaint saying San Francisco officer ‘groped penis and testicles’

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/31/morrissey-sex-assault-airport-security-san-francisco

He was just disappointed

Hi. Can you help me? I'm looking for a singer named Morrissey. He was this sweet guy who wrote great songs and gave these really great interviews that made me laugh out loud in public places.

I don't know who this person is featured in this article. Obviously, he is someone not very sophisticated; actually very "common" in his views. He sounds like a bit of a Nazi who's anti-refugee and perhaps even a pedophile-lover to boot.

Children have a right to be loved and protected, too; not just animals. It's not unheard of for a sexual predator to pose as a bus driver; a teacher or in the case of Kevin Spacey, a "family friend". Under modern law, children cannot consent to sexual relations with an adult (how's that for Plain Text); "blaming the victim" which was a common tactic for centuries only just perpetuates this kind of behavior to flourish; that kind of mentality is just not accepted in the Modern Age with most people.

Gloria Steinem once said that, "Women get more radical with age, while men get more conservative" and I think that's what exactly happened to Morrissey. He's simply forsaken his feminist heroes for this Old White Male privilege mentality, only to the very extreme. He seems to take the attitude of certain people should be allowed to be "above the law" because of their talent or their wealth.

I like to think the Morrissey I once loved may have been the victim of alien abduction, but I fear he has been somehow been abducted instead by xenophobia (which has taken Europe by storm) hatred of all that is decent, and just filled with general misinformationski. No matter how much you try to ignore it, it doesn't help promote a mediocre album or more importantly, even add to the hope of humanity.

Good luck what's left of your career, Morrissey. You've appeared naked in my dreams and all I see standing in front of me is an ugly, ugly man.
Duuuuuuuuuude!! What are the chances??!! I mean, are you, a real, LIVE HOBO??!!

Because I know someone around here who could definitely use and who would definitely benefit from your "services". ahem.

I haven't got the time or inclination to read through all this stuff but the one thing I'd like journalists to ask Morrissey are his views on the British authorities allowing the Irish to migrate to Manchester, as presumably his parents did.
They arrived in Manchester with their Irish accents and their Irish looks, and arguably diluted the English character of Manchester (as he would argue the immigrants have done to Germany). Should the authorities have stopped his parents from moving to Manchester so that Britain could stay more British and Ireland more Irish? His views on immigration seem bonkers for someone who's a) from a family of immigrants, and b) has who's spent the last 30 odd years largely living in foreign countries.

It is perplexing - also, wasn't he 12 or 13 when he lost his virginity? And he "didn't have any pleasant memories" of it? Disturbing that he has no empathy for a minor (or anybody) being coerced into having sex...and so paranoid his reasoning..

When did he gives this interview? You'd think that whoever is doing his PR wouldn't have let this pass -

It is perplexing - also, wasn't he 12 or 13 when he lost his virginity? And he "didn't have any pleasant memories" of it? Disturbing that he has no empathy for a minor (or anybody) being coerced into having sex...and so paranoid his reasoning..

When did he gives this interview? You'd think that whoever is doing his PR wouldn't have let this pass -

Just because he probably had sex with 12/13 doesn't mean he had been coerced into it by someone. Possibly the other person wasn't much older than him. Apart from that I already pointed out in another post the strange psychology of victims of abuse.

Don't worry Mags, I hear that 'Palestine' will be amongst the bonus tracks yet to be released.

The song will be called Philistine for obvious reasons. I mean the similarity of the word of course. :rolleyes:

And his ever dwindling fan base will claim they heard him sing Palestine.
And he will get ton loads of shit just like with exit. And hatred.
More.

On second thought, no I don’t think he will do that song.

MORRISSEY DEFENDS KEVIN SPACEY: ‘ONE WONDERS IF THE BOY DID NOT KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN’
The former Smiths frontman says the actor has been "attacked unnecessarily".

Excerpt:
Morrissey has defended Kevin Spacey following a series of claims of sexual harassment and assault made against the House of Cards star.

Commenting on ongoing allegations of sexual harassment in Hollywood, the former Smiths frontman questioned the definition of harassment in the modern age, before saying he believed Spacey had been “attacked unnecessarily.”

http://attitude.co.uk/morrissey-defends-kevin-spacey-says-actor-has-been-attacked-unnecessarily/

Regards,
FWD.

The Daily Fail...
Reaction to Kevin Spacey 'sex assaults' is ridiculous, says Morrissey: Former Smiths frontman claims actor has been 'needlessly attacked' over the allegations.

Excerpt:
The singer Morrissey has claimed that Kevin Spacey has been 'needlessly attacked' over allegations of sexual misconduct.

The former Smiths frontman also said it was 'ridiculous' that the actor has been replaced in a film for which his scenes had already been shot.

And he said that many of the actresses who made allegations about disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein 'knew exactly what was happening' and were 'simply disappointed'.

Morrissey, 58, has long been known for his provocative comments, and yesterday he was mocked on Twitter by critics who said he had become a self-parody.

Oscar-winner Spacey, also 58, will be replaced by Christopher Plummer in the film All The Money In The World, even though it is due to be released before the end of the year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Spacey-claims-ridiculous-says-Morrissey.html

Regards,
FWD.

The Mail - only surpassed by The Sun:
BIGMOUTH STRIKES AGAIN
Morrissey defends Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein and even PAEDOS in bizarre rant.

"
MorrisseyTalking To Der Spiegel
He added: “Afterwards they find it embarrassing or didn’t like it and turn it around and say, ‘I’ve been attacked.’

“But if everything had gone just fine and made possible a great career, they wouldn’t talk about it.

“If you go through the history, almost everybody is culpable to have slept with minors. Why not throw all of them in jail?"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/uncategorized/4950052/kevin-spacey-harvey-weinstein-sexual-allegations/

Regards,
FWD.

The Mail - only surpassed by The Sun:
BIGMOUTH STRIKES AGAIN
Morrissey defends Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein and even PAEDOS in bizarre rant.

"
MorrisseyTalking To Der Spiegel
He added: “Afterwards they find it embarrassing or didn’t like it and turn it around and say, ‘I’ve been attacked.’

“But if everything had gone just fine and made possible a great career, they wouldn’t talk about it.

“If you go through the history, almost everybody is culpable to have slept with minors. Why not throw all of them in jail?"

Regards,
FWD.

macron-pyramide-louvre.jpeg

Big mouth strikes again: Morrissey expresses controversial views on sexual assault scandal
HE IS not shy of sharing his controversial and often offensive opinions, but even Morrissey’s most dedicated fans would agree he has taken his contrary persona too far with his views on the Hollywood sexual assault scandal.

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity...assault-scandal-expresses-controversial-views

His comments have been picked by a number of online newspapers, whats interesting are the responses in the comments sections. At a guess 50% agree with what he has said?

Picture the scene. The interview over and, as the photographer picks up his jaw off the floor and the journalist skips off to office with a dictaphone full of more embarrassing clickbait quotes than she’d dared to dream of, our hero leans over to Boz Boorer and says, “Went quite well I thought.” Cue the Terry and June theme music and myriad internet discussions about the ethics of grooming.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom