Morrissey is the special musical guest on Gazebo (Italian TV, Oct. 12, 2014); TTY update

UPDATE Oct. 12 11:00 PM PT:

Morran and an anonymous person posted the link to the video on Rai.TV:

Gazebo del 12/10/2014 - Rai.TV

Download link posted by an anonymous person (original post):

Morrissey 2014.10.12 Teatro Delle Vittorie, Rome, Italy (TV Appearance) (88.4 MB zip)
Info hash 838dbf537fd6ea3d3fbd8a37a14dad6399a50478
Description Author: Mike Hunt a.k.a. Twinaleblood

MORRISSEY
2014-10-12
Teatro Delle Vittorie
Rome, Italy

LINEAGE: TV > TS6007 (DVB Recorder) > MPG > MPEG VIDEO WIZARD (to cut and demultiplex, no reencode) > DVDlab PRO 2 > YOU

Audio Codec: MPEG-1 Layer 2
Audio Bitrate: 192 kbps
Video System: PAL 25.00 fps
Video Bitrate: 4300 kbps
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Approx Length: 3 mins
Menu: No
Chapters: Single chapter

Setlist:

01.The Bullfighter Dies

Notes: This is taken from the italian TV show "Gazebo". Morrissey guested and sang one song.

Enjoy & share

UPDATE Oct. 12, 4;55 PM PT:

YouTube video uploaded by Mario Cavigli, link posted by sad veiled bride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHIWtu1BnBs (video removed due to copyright claim)

UPDATE Oct. 12, 7:40 AM PT:

Roberto Ferdenzi posts the link:

Morrissey on Gazebo - true-to-you.net

12 October 2014

Morrissey will sing The Bullfighter Dies live on Italian television tonight. The show is Gazebo (Rai 3), and is recorded at the RAI Teatro delle Vittorie, Via Monte Asolone 13, Roma. The show begins at 11:45 pm, and Morrissey will sing at 11:50.

An anonymous person writes:

Morrissey will be the special guest in a alternative italian tv show on Rai, the public Italian televison on 12th October

MORRISSEY OSPITE A GAZEBOMORRISSEY, VOCE DELLA STORICA BAND INGLESE THE SMITHS, È L'OSPITE MUSICALE DELLA PUNTATA
12-10-2014 23:45

Morrissey, voce della storica band inglese The Smiths, sarà l'atteso ospite musicale della puntata di Gazebo, in onda domenica 12 ottobre alle ore 23.45 in diretta dal Teatro delle Vittorie su Rai3.

Inoltre la videocamera di Diego Bianchi ci porterà al Circo Massimo per raccontare i tre giorni dell'evento organizzato dal Movimento 5 stelle, commentato poi in studio dal giornalista Marco Damilano e dalle vignette di Marco D'Ambrosio-Makkox.

Nel corso della puntata scopriremo quali sono stati i tweet più significativi della settimana nell'ormai immancabile appuntamento con la Social Top Ten.

Last edited by a moderator:
It somehow resembles one of those warm up appearances for Eurovision of yesteryear. I think Moz may actually quite like it... Awkward as it was

Re: Article: Morrissey is the special musical guest on Gazebo (Italian TV, Oct. 12, 2014); TTY updat

Julia AND Julian at the front as the two privileged regular I see (Julian is the big bald-headed guy).

Yeah noticed that too. Think Julian is now her bodyguard.

Re: Article: Morrissey is the special musical guest on Gazebo (Italian TV, Oct. 12, 2014); TTY updat

Julia? Julian? Is there a regular named Greg up there following the sun too?

#calendarjokesftw

I thought he looked much healthier than he has in the last few years

He doesn't look very well, sounds in discomfort singing a note. Should I be concerned, oh dear!!!

No, you shouldn't. He was in excellent shape last Friday. I'd say the TV show set up was awful (obviously the live set up was for the house band introduced immediately after, hence the canned music for Morrissey), judging by what I hear they didn't even run Moz's vocals into a simple compressor, and I'd bet the sound monitoring wasn't great either, which feels horrible when singing live. No effort to make vocals sit in the mix either.

I wonder why they took the time to plug in the guitars...

No, you shouldn't. He was in excellent shape last Friday. I'd say the TV show set up was awful (obviously the live set up was for the house band introduced immediately after, hence the canned music for Morrissey), judging by what I hear they didn't even run Moz's vocals into a simple compressor, and I'd bet the sound monitoring wasn't great either, which feels horrible when singing live. No effort to make vocals sit in the mix either.

I wonder why they took the time to plug in the guitars...

The part of solo sound tech will be played by anonymous this evening...

I wanna write a book on Julia. I think she's interesting. :p But I doubt she would answer an interview. She doesn't seem to say much about herself. Would be fun to trace which group of workers produced the wealth she acquired. :p

i wish i was more of a techie myself and am envious of people who are. i dont have that ear or experience. i can play some instruments but the complicated setup let alone the ear to hear it is beyond me and makes me a bit jealous of those who can. must be fun to be a producer sound engineer.

Could you imagine the stuff she has been privy to and what kind of tales she has tucked away in the filing cabinets of her brain? I'm not talking about merely dishing on Moz (which she wouldn't do, nor would I want her to because he must have his privacy), but she's seen the crowds, the grit and grime of everything, the glory and glam, the different venues and sets. She's seen it ALL. She would be able to write a definitive Morrissey Tour book and have the experience/credibility to make it a bestseller.

She's led a very interesting life and I'd love to hear about it...since I have the most boring life imaginable.

Following around a singer is an interesting life?

Following around a singer is an interesting life?

Absolutely!

Travelling all over the world, being front and center, etc. It's definitely more interesting than working a 9 to 5.

it is a lot of fun. my parents were dead heads and they were taking me to see jerry since birth until he died in 95 and we had lots of fun.

That was so Euro-awkward...I know. I am a lazy, critical American who doesn't understand the European way, but that was hilarious! No preparation. The host was winging it and walking around during the performance. Imagine Letterman wandering around the side of the stage as a top act performed. Maybe that guy fancies himself the Italian Dave Chappelle...you know, sitting in on the rap act's set bopping his head, as if he is actually contributing. Amazingly weird! Everyone was glancing around without a clue as to what was to happen next. The host was standing, waiting, balking, waiting for them to leave the set. Jesse's darting eyes were indicative of how confused they were. I can think of only one thing that would have made it better- a stage invasion by Visconti and KY!

While it may be exciting to travel the world seeing your favourite singer, she screams sad to me. She watches him perform, then goes back to her hotel alone. She doesn't have a life of her own.

As italian I'm sorry for the level of the show and for the ignorance showed by the presenter.
He didn't even know the name of the song.
Anyway nice to see Morrissey on the television after all this time, he looks good and he probably didn't want to stay with those idiot after the song. If they had asked something to him, it would have been something really stupid.

If you wanna watch the video
http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-9bb3d941-050b-4393-b2b5-2f0ff4fd6b0e.html#p=

P.S. I do apologise for my english, which, as I know, is terrible.

Thank you for the link, which worked fine in England tonight.
Sounds lovely.
Great song.

Just wanted to say your English is good. Much better than my attempts at Italian.

Grazie,

Hazard
England.

And you believe this to be true because...?

She spends months at a time following around a singer? Who would put up with their SO doing that?

She spends months at a time following around a singer? Who would put up with their SO doing that?

So in your mind, the existence of a significant other defines whether or not a person has a life of their own? Fascinating.

You know nothing about Julia or what she does with her time outside of Morrissey concerts. You've taken what little we know about her and concocted a fantasy to fill in the gaps, that's all.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom