Morrissey - Leeds (First Direct Arena) footage 24th Feb., 2018 - by SER on YouTube

Includes some pre-gig, entrance and audience footage.

Tracks featured:
You'll Be Gone, I Wish You Lonely, Suedehead, Jacky's..., Home is a ?, I Started Something..., Who Will Protect..., Jack The Ripper, I Bury The Living, Spent The Day In Bed, My Love, I'd Do Anything For You, Hold On To Your Friends, How Soon Is Now?, Everyday Is Like Sunday, IBEH.

(tracks omitted: Munich Air Disaster, WPINOYB, Back On The Chain Gang, When You Open Your Legs, If You Don't Like Me..., The Bullfighter Dies).

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Not in a venue of this seize, he would never been able to fill a 17.000 seat hall in Berlin.

Billing a 5.000 seat theater in Berlin for one only concert in Germany, would be already a good performance in those times.

A few years ago I went to the Estrel Convention Centre in Berlin to watch Tindersticks, from what I remember it was a good venue, is it still there ?

Happy to see this uploaded, I got excited when SER said he was filming for the gig, and I recall seeing him on the floor space, alas I did not feature in the final cut. Probably for the best.
I enjoyed the gig, Moz was on good form I felt, whilst the crowd surprisingly wasn't the greatest I think, not as much movement as I expected, possibly down to a LIHS heavy set-list. "How Soon is Now?" "Suedehead" "Spent The Day in Bed" and "Hold on to Your Friends" were particularly great.
I also attended the London Palladium show, and believe that would make a cracking video, though SER was in a box with Morrissey's mum I believe. That show had a few set changes that worked really well, the venue was gorgeous and intimate (in comparison to the arena shows), Morrissey was in good spirits especially when naming his favourite acts to appear at the palladium and the ending of "..Sunday", "Jackie.." and "...Playboys" where the crowd scrambled on stage was brilliant.

Happy to see this uploaded, I got excited when SER said he was filming for the gig, and I recall seeing him on the floor space, alas I did not feature in the final cut. Probably for the best.
I enjoyed the gig, Moz was on good form I felt, whilst the crowd surprisingly wasn't the greatest I think, not as much movement as I expected, possibly down to a LIHS heavy set-list. "How Soon is Now?" "Suedehead" "Spent The Day in Bed" and "Hold on to Your Friends" were particularly great.
I also attended the London Palladium show, and believe that would make a cracking video, though SER was in a box with Morrissey's mum I believe. That show had a few set changes that worked really well, the venue was gorgeous and intimate (in comparison to the arena shows), Morrissey was in good spirits especially when naming his favourite acts to appear at the palladium and the ending of "..Sunday", "Jackie.." and "...Playboys" where the crowd scrambled on stage was brilliant.
It was the same in Birmingham, I think he needs to think about the pacing, when it comes to the set list.

It was the same in Birmingham, I think he needs to think about the pacing, when it comes to the set list.

Agreed, as well as venues. I know it will be an ego boost for Morrissey to perform in these arenas, and he is obviously capable, but I do feel they detract from the experience he can offer.

I apologise for saying I will slay you with an AK47... as you are obviously autistic or retarded.

Out of interest, I dropped a mail to the police asking what would happen if I reported that someone threatened to kill me on an Internet forum. It’s actually illegal. Now, I know you are a tit and don’t mean it really but I reckon you should be careful in what you post going forward.

Yes, the police would take the matter seriously, as to make threats to kill has been a criminal offence at least since the enactment of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861, where it was an offence under section 16 to make threats to kill. This section has been replaced by Schedule 12 of the Criminal Law Act 1977:

"(1) A person who without lawful excuse makes to another a threat, intending that that other would fear it would be carried out, to kill that other or a third person shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years."

Out of interest, I dropped a mail to the police asking what would happen if I reported that someone threatened to kill me on an Internet forum. It’s actually illegal. Now, I know you are a tit and don’t mean it really but I reckon you should be careful in what you post going forward.

Yes, the police would take the matter seriously, as to make threats to kill has been a criminal offence at least since the enactment of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861, where it was an offence under section 16 to make threats to kill. This section has been replaced by Schedule 12 of the Criminal Law Act 1977:

"(1) A person who without lawful excuse makes to another a threat, intending that that other would fear it would be carried out, to kill that other or a third person shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years."
Is it likely to be carried out when made between anonymous people?

Agreed, as well as venues. I know it will be an ego boost for Morrissey to perform in these arenas, and he is obviously capable, but I do feel they detract from the experience he can offer.

Yes, I also think the opener sets the scene. On the first Hammersmith date in 15 he opened with Suedhead, which really got the crowd going from the off, whereas in Birmingham this year, he opened with you’ll be gone, which didn’t.

Yes because I don’t know if he knows where I live or not. The police can also find the address of a registered or anonymous poster easily.

You said yesterday he/she doesn’t know where you live.

That said: still a rather silly thing to threaten the use of an AK47 :lbf:

Yes, I also think the opener sets the scene. On the first Hammersmith date in 15 he opened with Suedhead, which really got the crowd going from the off, whereas in Birmingham this year, he opened with you’ll be gone, which didn’t.

"You'll Be Gone" worked better in the Palladium than at Leeds. You wait and wait for Morrissey to come onstage, and then when he does, the atmosphere dips slightly as he plays a flamenco infused Elvis B-side.
Not knocking the song, I think it suits Moz, but I recall my feet barely touching the floor when he opened with "Suedehead" in Manchester 2016, he missed a trick this tour I feel.

Assuming the London Palladium will be my final ever Morrissey show I was glad to bow out on a gig where he touched the heights of how colossal an artist he could still be. It really was a special night. Shame about the aftermath

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom