Morrissey - Live at Wolverhampton LP (bootleg) release on vinyl

Morrissey – At The Civic Hall Wolverhampton, UK December 22

unnamed-19-400x400.jpg

Morrissey – At The Civic Hall Wolverhampton, UK December 22nd, 1988 Vinyl LP

This is the first EVER solo concert of Morrissey after the announcement of The Smiths break up. The set-list featured a mix of Morrissey songs with Smiths tracks from 1987, so none of it had been performed in front of a live audience before. Broadcast for public radio, this is a legendary recording from an historical show.

Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before

Disappointed

Interesting Drug

Suedehead

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys

Sister I’m A Poet

Death At One’s Elbow

Sweet And Tender Hooligan

I'm not sure this is anything to do with Morrissey whatsoever.
I believe this to be the vinyl version of "First Among Equals" which is already out on CD (released in August '19 and discussed here in July '19).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/First-Amon...uk/First-Among-Equals-Morrissey/dp/B07T1J6KDK

51WNl7EkBvL._SY400_.jpg

This is via 'Sonic Boom' who also released Poetry Hour.
They are known for taking decent audio recordings and putting them out (somehow) on CD & vinyl with zero new or remastered etc. It will be a rip of pre-existing material exactly like their prior releases. You can ignore the "public radio" part of the blurb too - I think that's a generic term for legal reasons.
I'd put money on it being a FLAC derivative.
The gig had a pretty decent vinyl version a while back - not sure this will bring anything new to the table, but the fact it gets released at all makes it a tiny bit collectible.
Regards,
FWD.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm not sure this is anything to do with Morrissey whatsoever.
I believe this to be the vinyl version of "First Among Equals" which is already out on CD.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/First-Amon...uk/First-Among-Equals-Morrissey/dp/B07T1J6KDK

View attachment 53627

This is via 'Sonic Boom' who also released Poetry Hour.
They are known for taking decent audio recordings and putting them out (somehow) on CD & vinyl with zero new or remastered etc. It will be a rip of pre-existing material exactly like their prior releases. You can ignore the "public radio" part of the blurb too - I think that's a generic term for legal reasons.
I'd put money on it being a FLAC derivative.
The gig had a pretty decent vinyl version a while back - not sure this will bring anything new to the table, but the fact it gets released at all makes it a tiny bit collectible.
Regards,
FWD.

I have a version of this which has an interview by Muriel Grey on it, my favourite bit of which is Moz saying he's very bitter about not having a relationship, while sounding quite amused.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a version of this which has an interview by Muriel Grey on it, my favourite bit of which is Moz saying he's very bitter about not having a relationship, while sounding quite amused.
Yes, that is tacked on to the CD to pad it out given how short the gig is.
The FLAC shared here plus an audio rip of this will probably be the sum total of their efforts (assuming they include the interview):

Regards,
FWD.

Still royalties for M or not? No comment?

Had pre ordered from Crash to pick up today when they were expecting their stock to arrive , was told it’s now expected on the 10th January, I was offered my money back ........

Last edited:
Muriel takes me back a bit to Scottish television when she was just starting out,one of his best interviews,relaxed,having a laugh,

Of course I shouldn't have bought this but I did.
I had it in my basket on Amazon but the conversion rate to Euros made it almost €18 for 31 minutes of music. So I didn't buy it. Still bloody thinking about it though! Such a pity he didn't play a proper long set.

Back
Top Bottom