Morrissey Live Santa Barbara 05.11.16 - posted by SER / YT

The setlist (2 tracks missing):

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Jack The Ripper / Judy Is A Punk / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Kiss Me A Lot / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / Suedehead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die // What She Said

It was uploaded just after this:

20180106_203649.png

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
He's a musician on the ropes as a result of his own PR and I hope he has a great 2018 and brings it back to the music. We have enough politicians.

(For the record, I do like a political song with humor and cheekiness.)

Exactly this^^^! Songs like Lazy Sunbathers and Shoplifters of the World Unite showcase his enormous talent to do just that!

'I employ metaphor' unnecessary, if we just treat each other and all as human beings with all our flaws. But as I said , unless you're talking face to face with someone, why go behind their back (a stranger, no less) and vent ones anger or try to give 'good' advice? doesn't make any logical sense, and does not help him or you. fact.

'musician on the ropes as a result of his own..' well, that's only a matter of opinion. Media must take some responsibility in the questions they ask and yes, what they print. You can't expect a real artist like Morrissey with such outsider views and who like the best of artists have created a world of their own(& I don't blame him) for it's from that world where he can in turn create the things he does, if someone doesn't like it, then they would be wise to use the nearest exit, they can take it or leave it, and he can cares less.

:cool:

You keep going back to ol' Paul (one of my least favorite musicians, coincidentally)
But that disregards the notion that any public figure is bound to be discussed publicly. Yes, yes, it's the internet, but if they opened a Morrissey themed coffee shop where you had to answer 5 M/Smiths trivia questions to enter, I'd probably do this there, over a latte.

You keep going back to ol' Paul (one of my least favorite musicians, coincidentally)
But that disregards the notion that any public figure is bound to be discussed publicly. Yes, yes, it's the internet, but if they opened a Morrissey themed coffee shop where you had to answer 5 M/Smiths trivia questions to enter, I'd probably do this there, over a latte.

Lennon fan myself.

public figure regardless is a human being with flaws, take it or leave, to stick around is indeed loony. I wouldn't go to a trump support rally or buy the latest crap Swift took.

People USE YOUR LOAF !

<>.

Lennon fan myself.

public figure regardless is a human being with flaws, take it or leave, to stick around is indeed loony. I wouldn't go to a trump support rally or buy the latest crap Swift took.

People USE YOUR LOAF !

<>.
BUT IT'S NOT LIKE ANY OTHER LOVE

Lennon fan myself.

People USE YOUR LOAF !

<>.

Matthew:13-21. Thank you!

Matthew:13-21. Thank you!

I am rooted and win always.

LIHS IS AN AMAZING ALBUM FOR THOSE THAT HEAR IT.

IGGY POP HEARS IT, do you ?

USE your loaf people, stick around if you hear it, or move on !

<>.

I am rooted and win always.

LIHS IS AN AMAZING ALBUM FOR THOSE THAT HEAR IT.

IGGY POP HEARS IT, do you ?

USE your loaf people, stick around if you hear it, or move on !

<>.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/entertainment/iggy-pop-losing-lust-for-life-2014102106

Excerpt:

Asked if his hearing has been affected by his years onstage, he adds, "It's about half-bashed, but not fully bashed. But tinnitus... with the Stooges, I would walk offstage and then it was literally, no matter what you said to me, I'd say, 'What?' It wasn't ringing - I just couldn't hear anything. And it doesn't take a genius to think, well, maybe if I just keep doing this over and over I will lose all my (hearing). But I haven't lost all of this or all of that... Everything kinda functions."

I would take anything he says about music with a grain of salt. And you for that matter! :D:thumb:

http://www.newshub.co.nz/entertainment/iggy-pop-losing-lust-for-life-2014102106

Excerpt:

Asked if his hearing has been affected by his years onstage, he adds, "It's about half-bashed, but not fully bashed. But tinnitus... with the Stooges, I would walk offstage and then it was literally, no matter what you said to me, I'd say, 'What?' It wasn't ringing - I just couldn't hear anything. And it doesn't take a genius to think, well, maybe if I just keep doing this over and over I will lose all my (hearing). But I haven't lost all of this or all of that... Everything kinda functions."

I would take anything he says about music with a grain of salt. And you for that matter! :D:thumb:

ONE MUST LISTEN TO LIHS WITH THEIR HEART NOT WITH THEIR EARS FOR ONE TO TRULY HEAR THE BEAUTY THAT LIHS IS.

AND IGGY LISTENS WITH HIS HEART. :rock:

ONE MUST LISTEN TO LIHS WITH THEIR HEART NOT WITH THEIR EARS FOR ONE TO TRULY HEAR THE BEAUTY THAT LIHS IS.

AND IGGY LISTENS WITH HIS HEART. :rock:

In the words of your other demigod:

Must prepare for work souls to save, prayers to answer it never ends! Have a good week! :)

Subtext - "we were going to release this as a DVD but someone got cold feet"

:rolleyes:...............:crazy:

Awee.....just when FunkyForeskin was in the shadows awaiting another Morrissey "story", like clockwork, he chimes in and takes a huge proverbial verbal DUMP. :mock:

As You Were FinklePhallus ! :popcorn:

I was there...in the pit very close to the front. A brilliant performance start to finish. Morrissey and the band in top form. I am fortunate enough to have seen Bob Marley and Joni Mitchell at the same venue. Amazingly there are also good quality films available of both the Marley and Joni Mitchell shows that I attended at this same iconic venue in Santa Barbara. I recommend them highly. Luckily this one was preserved as well. THANK YOU SER!

Well, one - or two - members really do not have a single good word to say about Sam.

Look - this is quite funny because these people are currently "missing in action" as soon as this post has appeared. Funny that.

Idiots,

Hazard
x

In the words of your other demigod::ha-no:

Must prepare for work souls to save, prayers to answer it never ends! Have a good week! :)

ONE DAY YOU TOO WILL LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART, AND THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL YOU HEAR THE BEAUTY THAT LIHS IS.

until then, stick to your don henley and tom what a pity records made for just the ears no heart needed.

:thumb:

<>.

Well, one - or two - members really do not have a single good word to say about Sam.

Look - this is quite funny because these people are currently "missing in action" as soon as this post has appeared. Funny that.

Idiots,

Hazard
x

You make it sound like the reason people dislike Sam, and most people who know anything about him dislike him, is because of malice or jealousy or for no good reason

The reason people dislike Sam is quite simple he's a slim ball. I mean he's a grown man who acts like a 14 year old moz super fan rather than a family member.
He does these morrissey inspired photos of himself , which are bad. Gary Barlow doing a moz impression. He let's everyone know he's morrisseys nephew, he has no identity beyond being morrissrys nephew. It's clear he uses his uncle to try and be famous. It's obvious he doesn't 'getv his uncle in any real way.
He has no real talent, f*** up, after f*** up.
There have been insider rumours around town, for a couple of years now , that morrissey only has the nephew around because Sam moans to morrisseys mom. 'Tell Steven to let me do this, do that' etc.
Morrisseys being the mommy's boy does it. I have heard from five people that morrissey doesn't actually like sam but he helps sam to please his mom.
As for the reaction to this video. They are morrisseys idea, to give them to the fans not sams. They aren't even good videos really. The fact people think this is good, shows how bad morrisseys pruducts have become.
Im not a hater, I love the lp, I think he can be awesome live. But facts are facts

Interesting that Morrissey would button the bottom button of his jacket and apparently have his band members do the same thing.

You make it sound like the reason people dislike Sam, and most people who know anything about him dislike him, is because of malice or jealousy or for no good reason

The reason people dislike Sam is quite simple he's a slim ball. I mean he's a grown man who acts like a 14 year old moz super fan rather than a family member.
He does these morrissey inspired photos of himself , which are bad. Gary Barlow doing a moz impression. He let's everyone know he's morrisseys nephew, he has no identity beyond being morrissrys nephew. It's clear he uses his uncle to try and be famous. It's obvious he doesn't 'getv his uncle in any real way.
There have been insider rumours around town, for a couple of years now , that morrissey only has the nephew around because Sam moans to morrisseys mom. 'Tell Steven to let me do this, do that' etc.
Morrisseys being the mommy's boy does it. I have heard from five people that morrissey doesn't actually like sam but he helps sam to please his mom.
As for the reaction to this video. They are morrisseys idea, to give them to the fans not sams. They aren't even good videos really. The fact people think this is good, shows how bad morrisseys pruducts have become.
Im not a hater, I love the lp, I think he can be awesome live. But facts are facts

Agree, he's a shit photographer/video director. The KMAL video was an utter embarrassment (luckily since the song was shit too this lessened the harm done). Those Photoshop montages that were splattered all over TTY for a while were toe-curlingly bad. The recent portrait he took of Moz was so badly Photoshopped that it caused a flurry of 'Oh my God, has he had plastic surgery?' comments.

And I'm sorry, people who are enjoying it, but I agree with you Anon - this video is not particularly well shot and not much different to hundreds of others on YouTube. Glad people are pleased by it but I just think it's such a shame, when you consider the exceptional quality control that Morrissey previously exerted over his image. Perhaps you're right, Anon, about the family pressurising him to use Sam. It's the only possible explanation I can see other than he no longer cares - and I prefer not to think that.

I highly doubt anyone can make Morrissey do anything. Also, Sam is a good guy , leave him alone.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom