Morrissey 'management' statement - 17th March, 2018 - Facebook

42613_mgmt_statement_20180317.jpg

20180317_221314.jpg

20180317_221816.jpg

(can't link to the last comment - so a screenshot only).
Regards,
FWD.

Link posted by NealCassidy:

This Charmless Man: How Morrissey's big mouth struck again... and again - The Independent
by Nick Hasted
When bigmouth strikes these days, it can be hard to stomach. Nick Hasted details the decline of a once-beautiful artist, who now seems to expect and almost cultivate betrayal

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the press is more obsessed by Morrissey than the fans. They keep saying that he is not relevant (not true considering the last tour) but they can't stop talking about him. Ok Morrissey sometime might have a big mouth and I don't always agree with him, but it seems that the press is overreacting and just quoting his words out of context.

It looks like the press is more obsessed by Morrissey than the fans. They keep saying that he is not relevant (not true considering the last tour) but they can't stop talking about him. Ok Morrissey sometime might have a big mouth and I don't always agree with him, but it seems that the press is overreacting and just quoting his words out of context.
The digital papers are under continuous pressure to find content, and he keeps on obliging. I think that's the main reason. He was always good copy, but now he's fulfilling the 'Mad old Mozzer - look what he's said/done now' role, for which they're no doubt very grateful. For all his protesting I'm pretty sure he's getting out of it what he wants as well. He's been in the game long enough to know how it works.

You can't read. I said I don't care what you say. Tu Quoque, look over there, don't address the point at hand. f***ing blinkered dolt.

So if you agree with this article,I take it you have changed your mind on the subject of Jacky?
Even the journalist thinks it is about Morrissey.
But,no you pick and choose.

The digital papers are under continuous pressure to find content, and he keeps on obliging. I think that's the main reason. He was always good copy, but now he's fulfilling the 'Mad old Mozzer - look what he's said/done now' role, for which they're no doubt very grateful. For all his protesting I'm pretty sure he's getting out of it what he wants as well. He's been in the game long enough to know how it works.
True

It's purely a matter of phrasing. For example, I could say that you should be delicately mushroom stamped by a large Ukranian man with body odor, but that doesn't change the fact that I just suggested that you go get slapped by a cock. Euphemisms are nice, but plain language is better.
Well done on becoming the first american to write perfect english. One should never reveal ones fantasies but thanks anyway.

since when has morrissey officially been called "m"?

Well done on becoming the first american to write perfect english. One should never reveal ones fantasies but thanks anyway.
It's not a fantasy if it happens every Friday like clockwork. Now if you don't mind, I'm off to the store to pick up some concealer for this oddly shaped black eye I got the night before last.

It's not a fantasy if it happens every Friday like clockwork. Now if you don't mind, I'm off to the store to pick up some concealer for this oddly shaped black eye I got the night before last.
You sure it's not graffiti paint?

You used to be the big man on here , with your Mastermind appearances , your hints at being "in the know".
Twitter/Mozarmy knocked you down the pecking order , you didn't like it and your hate filled vitriol has increased.
Now every post is pseudo intellectual or expletive laden (Or both)

BTW - Yes , I know you've never been happier.

He is still recovering from the shock of so may sold out shows. LOL
The entire SOLOW management team must be walking around in circles from
this current turn of events.
Moz breaking ticket sales records. Their small c*** minds are about to explode:laughing:

Nice one Moz recognizes Spend the Day in Bed is in fact his biggest hit single since You Have Killed Me.

Come on, you know they mean he's not musically or culturally relevant, and neither is Huey Lewis and The News. Still, they tour to eager audiences.

Any aged icon can make controversial statements and get mentioned by the chattering classes. It's why he does it. He doesn't have a large advertising budget.

I'm just waiting for him to start a GoFundMe, put out a personal guru type series of self-help books, and announce his new political podcast. It's how many of these single issue, anti-immigrant types end up selling their poison to naive followers.

It's like when someone with a crush adopts all of the interests of the object of their affection; even if they don't care about those things.

Many fans dabble in vegetarianism for that reason, and he knows it.

He is still recovering from the shock of so may sold out shows. LOL
The entire SOLOW management team must be walking around in circles from
this current turn of events.
Moz breaking ticket sales records. Their small c*** minds are about to explode:laughing:
No ones trying to destroy Morrissey's career, or hopes he never sells another ticket. Okay, maybe three people. Still, to even imagine that there is enough interest in Morrissey for any of this to matter, means you're likely living in a social media bubble.

Then again, he could probably sell even more tickets if he stopped sounding like an edgy, YouTube conserva-teen trapped in an elderly man's body. His core audience is not the alt-right.

What all of this has done is put a stamp on his legacy, and made the NME look like hard-hitting investigative journalists ahead of their time. It's safe to assume that's something that even they never aspired to.

He's helping these media outlets when he does this, and I'm sure he hopes for a return on investment, but let's not forget that these media outlets love when he pops off. They're benefiting from it.

Ultimately, I think Morrissey's strategy has always been to be divisive. He rejects people before they can reject him. He never grew out of it as a response to adolescent trauma. Adults are supposed to be stronger than that, but Morrissey has no one to be an adult for. It's not something he has to consider.

You used to be the big man on here , with your Mastermind appearances , your hints at being "in the know".
Twitter/Mozarmy knocked you down the pecking order , you didn't like it and your hate filled vitriol has increased.
Now every post is pseudo intellectual or expletive laden (Or both)

BTW - Yes , I know you've never been happier.

Nailed it. I honestly think he's had some kind of a break. He always had these tendencies but it's become a lot more plain.

Gotta agree. So many love/hate relationships in those ranks. So morrissey made a comment about a politician taking money from people. They’re defending her are expressing outrage like she’s some sort of savior white knight of goodness. It’s not even a controversial statement but still they need it to be because hes a draw. Ironic as he’s big enough to be news but they still keep trying to report that there’s some sort of diminishing interest

No ones trying to destroy Morrissey's career, or hopes he never sells another ticket. Okay, maybe three people. Still, to even imagine that there is enough interest in Morrissey for any of this to matter, means you're likely living in a social media bubble.

Then again, he could probably sell even more tickets if he stopped sounding like an edgy, YouTube conserva-teen trapped in an elderly man's body. His core audience is not the alt-right.

What all of this has done is put a stamp on his legacy, and made the NME look like hard-hitting investigative journalists ahead of their time. It's safe to assume that's something that even they never aspired to.

He's helping these media outlets when he does this, and I'm sure he hopes for a return on investment, but let's not forget that these media outlets love when he pops off. They're benefiting from it.

Ultimately, I think Morrissey's strategy has always been to be divisive. He rejects people before they can reject him. He never grew out of it as a response to adolescent trauma. Adults are supposed to be stronger than that, but Morrissey has no one to be an adult for. It's not something he has to consider.

Lets examine some of your arguments for dialectical consistency........
1 could sell MORE tickets, somehow, in some mysterious way he will be able to sell more tickets than those available for sale....... qua sellouts, ultra sellouts.....
2 NME looking like a hard hitting investigative 'journalists"...doing all that hard hitting investigating while unable to pay the electric bill or meeting payroll......right wing plotting no doubt.....maybe instigated by Moz.......:lbf:

My advice to you is to lay off the Tu Quoque LOL, too much kills the brain cells.:paranoid:

Come on, you know they mean he's not musically or culturally relevant, and neither is Huey Lewis and The News. Still, they tour to eager audiences.

Any aged icon can make controversial statements and get mentioned by the chattering classes. It's why he does it. He doesn't have a large advertising budget.

I'm just waiting for him to start a GoFundMe, put out a personal guru type series of self-help books, and announce his new political podcast. It's how many of these single issue, anti-immigrant types end up selling their poison to naive followers.

It's like when someone with a crush adopts all of the interests of the object of their affection; even if they don't care about those things.

Many fans dabble in vegetarianism for that reason, and he knows it.

Right, unlike someone like Wreckless Eric who pontificates his left wing polemics while touring small restaurants to a crowds of 6. That's success.

Right, unlike someone like Wreckless Eric who pontificates his left wing polemics while touring small restaurants to a crowds of 6. That's success.
Wreckless Eric, really?

Let me guess you're one of the spend-the-day-in-bed'ers?

Carry on without your dignity.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom