Morrissey NOT invited to Nobel Artist celebration after KFC comments

From here - http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article17939795.ab

Google translation - Oslo's mayor, Conservative Party politician Fabian Stang, has invited all the artists who are attending the celebration of the Nobel Peace Prize to a conversation, rather - all except Morrissey. The reason that Morrissey gets ported can be found in a statement that the British pop icon felled during a concert shortly after the terrorist attacks on Utøya and in Oslo, reports NTB.

Morrissey is known as a militant vegan and in between snack, he compared the terrorist attacks with the production of fast food.

- We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown. But that's nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Chicken every day, said the singer.

In an interview with the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet explains Fabian Stang their unwillingness to invite Morrissey:

- The seriousness of comparing our nation's tragedy to flipping burgers makes it difficult for me to be accommodating, even though his job is to sing, not talk.

"His job is to sing, not talk." f***ing fascist!

I'm not sure musing about someone being Lennoned, to coin a phrase, is as bad as, oh, off the top of my head... “We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Shit every day."

One is a flight of fancy, based on the sheer ironic amusement to be had if a man who uses the shooting deaths of others for political reasons is himself shot. The other is presented as a statement of pure fact in front of a thousand people, while the bodies still lay cold at the crime scene, while disregarding the feelings of freshly bereaved families, all to make a point for the extremist PETA organisation.

After all, if he was killed by some psychopath it would be as nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Shit every day. Apparently. You see, this is what you lot don't get. By being offensive and unpleasant Morrissey opens himself up to similar treatment, and can have no complaints whatsoever.

Breivik used the deaths to promote his ideology, Morrissey used the deaths to promote his. Apart from pulling the trigger, where is the difference? Both saw seventy-seven dead kids and thought "Great, I can make some headlines here."

As for whether I should be banned or not I think you should write to Davidt and/or Kewpie. Of course, in a thread dedicated to the anger generated against a mayor who wishes to ban Morrissey from a wine and cheese party, that might be seen as lacking a certain degree of awareness, but hey, knock yourself out.

Isn't it a little hysterically ironic that the very same people upset at the Lennon comment were the very same people calling for Melissa Bachman (lion killer) to be killed, tortured, sent to hell etc. etc.?

Isn't it a little hysterically ironic that the very same people upset at the Lennon comment were the very same people calling for Melissa Bachman (lion killer) to be killed, tortured, sent to hell etc. etc.?

Yes, but if John Lennon was an avid hunter of endangered species I wouldn’t have felt the loss I felt when he was killed.

They don't do irony here, I'm afraid. It wooshes over their heads like a misdirected firework. If they only knew how lovely I am in real life. I positively seethe with goodwill. ;)

Are we talking about the same Morrissey, who signed the arm of a fat sociopath with "I am human and I need to be loved" less than two months after she had wished death on somebody else? I didn't know hate until then, but the two of them have certainly taught me so. And even though I felt temporarily with his sociopathic fans, most of humankind would be better off if they, his sociopathic fans, boarded a plane to mars together rather sooner than later. Nobody has to "Lennon Morrissey" or whatever you want to call it, he takes care of it himself. He has doors burst right in front of him, he falls into pools, down stairs, has car accidents, shitteritis, wakes up covered in blood and so on. All that the rest of us have to do is sit back and watch what happens next without become murderers. He wasn't cursed, he cursed himself.

Why I visit this website? Nowhere else does one have this great opportunity to look so easily into the brains of sociopaths.

Yes, but if John Lennon was an avid hunter of endangered species I wouldn’t have felt the loss I felt when he was killed.

Well, I was pointing out that people are upset that Johnny said Morrissey could/should be assassinated because of what he said about the Norway shootings. Others objected. Moz should NOT be assassinated for his controversial views (actions). Yet they wanted Bachman assassinated for her views (actions). See the problem there?

Either assassination is wrong for everyone and for every reason, or it is OK. Passivists are passive, except when it suits their cause--mostly animal rights. Like bombing labs where there may be people working inside, to take a stand against killing life. The pro-lifers have the same flawed logic. Killing doctors that perform abortions because they are against the destruction of human life. What???

Not being funny, Playcat, but I had you down for early twenties. Genuinely.

An interesting chap, Lennon. Not the delightful person he was often believed to be. I remember his death. My Mum was making breakfast when the 7am news came on and she let out this awful scream. I knew of him, but being young thought it was an odd reaction. Years later, getting into the Beatles work, I began to realise his true impact on the culture, and her reaction to his loss.

An Aunt, who is from Liverpool, always claimed to have seen the Beatles regularly at the Cavern, but judging by the number of people who claim that, the Cavern must have been the size of Wembley Stadium.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe you. :)

They all know it really. They're just pretending. :thumb:

They don't do irony here, I'm afraid. It wooshes over their heads like a misdirected firework. If they only knew how lovely I am in real life. I positively seethe with goodwill. ;)

It was a very tough post Johnny but if you look back I did back you up as well.
Anyway onwards and upwards 'Norway fast' The clock is ticking and protests need to be put in place just in case Betty is in full health and Bore-Arse-Ley faces the music in Oslo 11/12/13 !
NORWAY this is your time to pay Bigmouth-Bore-Arse-Ley back and kick him in his knackers/wallet.

Benny-the-Butcher

I'm not sure musing about someone being Lennoned, to coin a phrase, is as bad as, oh, off the top of my head... “We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Shit every day."

One is a flight of fancy, based on the sheer ironic amusement to be had if a man who uses the shooting deaths of others for political reasons is himself shot. The other is presented as a statement of pure fact in front of a thousand people, while the bodies still lay cold at the crime scene, while disregarding the feelings of freshly bereaved families, all to make a point for the extremist PETA organisation.

After all, if he was killed by some psychopath it would be as nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Shit every day. Apparently. You see, this is what you lot don't get. By being offensive and unpleasant Morrissey opens himself up to similar treatment, and can have no complaints whatsoever.

Breivik used the deaths to promote his ideology, Morrissey used the deaths to promote his. Apart from pulling the trigger, where is the difference? Both saw seventy-seven dead kids and thought "Great, I can make some headlines here."

As for whether I should be banned or not I think you should write to Davidt and/or Kewpie. Of course, in a thread dedicated to the anger generated against a mayor who wishes to ban Morrissey from a wine and cheese party, that might be seen as lacking a certain degree of awareness, but hey, knock yourself out.

I hope the Norwegian Security Services are monitoring this thread as I think there is some cause for concern. Obviously, not due to your flippant quip which, though you expertly contextualise and justify here, was a lapse of judgement. I do not recall Morrissey providing any such context for Brighton or Oslo, other than to re-iterate his facile remarks about Oslo a few days after making them onstage. My concern for Morrissey's safety stems from the fact that any acolyte/disciple of Breivik's war on Cultural Marxism is highly unlikely to see Morrissey as an ally and I worry that there might be a stunt attempted if Morrissey continues with this wilfully provocative gesture. No doubt he will be guarded by the Norwegian army which will probably give him a hard on, but I still think he would be wise to cancel.

It's very sad when disturbed people go over the top and even more when others emulate them. Let's just hope that Morrissey doesn't make some renewed, ridiculous comment on the Oslo Massacre in another car-crash face-time attention whore hissy fit to get media coverage. A person who openly calls for other singer's head on a plate and for dissident journalists to expire in hotel fires or motorway pile-ups needs to keep a serious eye on the karma meter.

Let's all pray that the event passes off peacefully and there's nothing that happens which will cause sadness and despair. Like David Morrissey turning up stuffing his face full of McNuggets.

regards
BB

I hope the Norwegian Security Services are monitoring this thread as I think there is some cause for concern. Obviously, not due to your flippant quip which, though you expertly contextualise and justify here, was a lapse of judgement. I do not recall Morrissey providing any such context for Brighton or Oslo, other than to re-iterate his facile remarks about Oslo a few days after making them onstage. My concern for Morrissey's safety stems from the fact that any acolyte/disciple of Breivik's war on Cultural Marxism is highly unlikely to see Morrissey as an ally and I worry that there might be a stunt attempted if Morrissey continues with this wilfully provocative gesture. No doubt he will be guarded by the Norwegian army which will probably give him a hard on, but I still think he would be wise to cancel.

It's very sad when disturbed people go over the top and even more when others emulate them. Let's just hope that Morrissey doesn't make some renewed, ridiculous comment on the Oslo Massacre in another car-crash face-time attention whore hissy fit to get media coverage. A person who openly calls for other singer's head on a plate and for dissident journalists to expire in hotel fires or motorway pile-ups needs to keep a serious eye on the karma meter.

Let's all pray that the event passes off peacefully and there's nothing that happens which will cause sadness and despair. Like David Morrissey turning up stuffing his face full of McNuggets.

regards
BB

I am so over you. Former number one fan. Here's why I am no longer impressed. You have too many posts to be taken seriously. You're very intelligent or at least someone in your collective (lol) is or was and your posts used to send me running to google where I would learn things worth knowing about. Thank you. And thanks for the Rubber Bandits. But you've done something really wrong and it ruined your credibility. It's clear that you care who supports you and who doesn't and because of this you have formed alliances that no self-respecting person could form. If I go into the list this won't be posted but I'm appalled.
That's the major thing. But you've also gotten repetitious about this McDonald's commercial like you actually are not just offering a viewpoint but trying to win some kind of argument and you might as well be arguing with nerds at a dungeons and dragons site. You give a f*** and that is sad. You have better things to do and you wrote more interesting posts when you weren't getting bogged down in arguments that might as well be about the lesbian subtext of Laverne and Shirley. You started to take it seriously and that's just dumb, dude.

It wasn't 'musing' about someone being killed, it wasn't even some 'oh, wouldn't it be ironic if someone assassinated Morrissey' comment - it was a direct statement calling for his assassination: 'someone should Lennon the prick.'

If you think that is even in the same ballpark as Morrissey making an observation that there is more loss of life in the meat industry every day than in the Norway massacre you are deluded.

please people, calm down, Moz will be in Norway sooner than you think and he will sing his songs, if there is any kind of rumpus then Moz will milk it for all its worth and why not..regards, Manc Lad

I am so over you. Former number one fan. Here's why I am no longer impressed. You have too many posts to be taken seriously. You're very intelligent or at least someone in your collective (lol) is or was and your posts used to send me running to google where I would learn things worth knowing about. Thank you. And thanks for the Rubber Bandits. But you've done something really wrong and it ruined your credibility. It's clear that you care who supports you and who doesn't and because of this you have formed alliances that no self-respecting person could form. If I go into the list this won't be posted but I'm appalled.
That's the major thing. But you've also gotten repetitious about this McDonald's commercial like you actually are not just offering a viewpoint but trying to win some kind of argument and you might as well be arguing with nerds at a dungeons and dragons site. You give a f*** and that is sad. You have better things to do and you wrote more interesting posts when you weren't getting bogged down in arguments that might as well be about the lesbian subtext of Laverne and Shirley. You started to take it seriously and that's just dumb, dude.

You're high.

Well, I was pointing out that people are upset that Johnny said Morrissey could/should be assassinated because of what he said about the Norway shootings. Others objected. Moz should NOT be assassinated for his controversial views (actions). Yet they wanted Bachman assassinated for her views (actions). See the problem there?

Either assassination is wrong for everyone and for every reason, or it is OK. Passivists are passive, except when it suits their cause--mostly animal rights. Like bombing labs where there may be people working inside, to take a stand against killing life. The pro-lifers have the same flawed logic. Killing doctors that perform abortions because they are against the destruction of human life. What???

Yes, I absolutely see your point and agree with what you are saying.

Not being funny, Playcat, but I had you down for early twenties. Genuinely.
An interesting chap, Lennon. Not the delightful person he was often believed to be. I remember his death. My Mum was making breakfast when the 7am news came on and she let out this awful scream. I knew of him, but being young thought it was an odd reaction. Years later, getting into the Beatles work, I began to realise his true impact on the culture, and her reaction to his loss.

An Aunt, who is from Liverpool, always claimed to have seen the Beatles regularly at the Cavern, but judging by the number of people who claim that, the Cavern must have been the size of Wembley Stadium.

- - - Updated - - -

They all know it really. They're just pretending. :thumb:

Are you kidding me? It would suck if I were 20 because I would have missed out on the best decades of music and concerts ie: the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. I would have missed out on seen Nirvana, Morrissey in his heyday, and many many many others too many to list. And yes, I know you are being facetious.

Last edited:
assassination is right for a selected few :straightface: Hitler and the like :rolleyes:
however, a number people would likely be helped along the path to goodness by merely being shot at :cool:
scum like this Bachman creep undoubtedly fall in that category, either Bachman :p
however, our Moz?
no, no, I think not, because even though I understand his intent, he was over zealous in his remarks, but they were based in him wanting a world with less killing
the scum on the other side want more death, acting like the two are from equally morally positions is absurd
unless, of course, you are a moral relativist :crazy:
which in my experience includes many who say such, but in practice they really don't mean that, its just nice for their facetious arguments to say that, good for you :thumb:

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom