Morrissey not vegan?

e1094

Only recently did I discover that Morrissey is strictly vegetarian and not vegan. Although I always saw Morrissey being proclaimed as a vegetarian, I just always assumed he was still vegan on a basis of common sense. His personality and opinions all point towards a lifestly of veganism, but on the contrary, he is just a vegetarian. From what I've observed, Morrissey finds eating meat completely pointless. We are intelligent beings capable enough to find sources of food without the sensless murder of living aniamls. He even feels so strongly about not eating meat that he wont be in the same buidling with cooked meat as shown on his interview with Colbert. He also won't perform if he smells cooked meat, and even said during that same performance that he smelled burning meat and hoped it was human! (Of course I'm sure this is an exaggeration but the point is still clear) With all this known, why oh why oh whyyyyyy does he think its ok to farm animals and keep them in such harsh conditions purely for milk, cheese, and other resources. Yes, we may not be killing the animals right away, but instead of ending their misery they need to live in constant torture so they can provide us with eggs and other products until they are no longer functional. You can use the possibility he only does free range, but I highly doubt that every dairy product he has ever had in his lifetime was free range. I'm not even vegetarian so I'm not saying this on bias terms. I'm questioning his reasoning because of how open and militant he is with animal rights and yet he's not vegan! If you just go on google and search different sources you'll find plenty of harsh statements coming from him about how horrible meat eaters should feel about themselves and how he's pro animal rights. PRO ANIMAL RIGHTS? Give me a break those cows and chickens being used for milk and eggs have no rights!

I find Morrissey to be a very interesting man and many discussions he has with interviewers are quite enlightening, but he has opened himself up to such hypocrisy and contradictory it is truly astonishing. How can someone be so reasonable yet so blind to their hypocrisy

Why have you started another f***ing thread on top of the tour rider one that was completely over run with this shite? Ridiculous.

never did im just making that assumption since hes not vegan he must be aware of the conditions these animals are put under when being used for dairy products....

Only recently did I discover that Morrissey is strictly vegetarian and not vegan. Although I always saw Morrissey being proclaimed as a vegetarian, I just always assumed he was still vegan on a basis of common sense. His personality and opinions all point towards a lifestly of veganism, but on the contrary, he is just a vegetarian. From what I've observed, Morrissey finds eating meat completely pointless. We are intelligent beings capable enough to find sources of food without the sensless murder of living aniamls. He even feels so strongly about not eating meat that he wont be in the same buidling with cooked meat as shown on his interview with Colbert. He also won't perform if he smells cooked meat, and even said during that same performance that he smelled burning meat and hoped it was human! (Of course I'm sure this is an exaggeration but the point is still clear) With all this known, why oh why oh whyyyyyy does he think its ok to farm animals and keep them in such harsh conditions purely for milk, cheese, and other resources. Yes, we may not be killing the animals right away, but instead of ending their misery they need to live in constant torture so they can provide us with eggs and other products until they are no longer functional. You can use the possibility he only does free range, but I highly doubt that every dairy product he has ever had in his lifetime was free range. I'm not even vegetarian so I'm not saying this on bias terms. I'm questioning his reasoning because of how open and militant he is with animal rights and yet he's not vegan! If you just go on google and search different sources you'll find plenty of harsh statements coming from him about how horrible meat eaters should feel about themselves and how he's pro animal rights. PRO ANIMAL RIGHTS? Give me a break those cows and chickens being used for milk and eggs have no rights!

I find Morrissey to be a very interesting man and many discussions he has with interviewers are quite enlightening, but he has opened himself up to such hypocrisy and contradictory it is truly astonishing. How can someone be so blind to their hypocrisy?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:

I find Morrissey to be a very interesting man and many discussions he has with interviewers are quite enlightening, but he has opened himself up to such hypocrisy and contradictory it is truly astonishing. How can someone be so reasonable yet so blind to their hypocrisy

Nearly all male chicks are exterminated at birth. There is no such thing as cruelty-free eggs.
Male dairy calves are either exterminated or tortured for veal. There is no such thing as cruelty-free milk. Other than a few Hare Krishna cows that might serve 0.00001% of London's 'need' for dairy produce.

Morrissey's objection to humans eating animal meat seems to be that he has some personal fetish/phobia about animal flesh and blood. But not about animal milk or eggs. But trolling animal rights issues keeps his 'controversial' profile in the news. In other words, he's full of shit.

best
BB

Nearly all male chicks are exterminated at birth. There is no such thing as cruelty-free eggs.
Male dairy calves are either exterminated or tortured for veal. There is no such thing as cruelty-free milk. Other than a few Hare Krishna cows that might serve 0.00001% of London's 'need' for dairy produce.

Morrissey's objection to humans eating animal meat seems to be that he has some personal fetish/phobia about animal flesh and blood. But not about animal milk or eggs. But trolling animal rights issues keeps his 'controversial' profile in the news. In other words, he's full of shit.

best
BB

That was my take after reading Autobiography. He had an early diversion to certain foods--meat being one of them, I gather. Was a picky eater. Liked bland, pale foods. Didn't have a refined palate. Still doesn't. His vegetarianism was motivated by dietary preferences rather than animal rights. This is not uncommon in the veggie universe, btw. But abstaining from flesh--all kinds, mind you--was a strategic route to take in creating an interesting, interview-worthy image that was both intriguing and subversive at the time. I'm not saying he is a total fake. I do think he cares about pigs and cats and elephants. Egg laying hens, dairy cows, and veal calves? Not so much.

That was my take after reading Autobiography. He had an early diversion to certain foods--meat being one of them, I gather. Was a picky eater. Liked bland, pale foods. Didn't have a refined palate. Still doesn't. His vegetarianism was motivated by dietary preferences rather than animal rights. This is not uncommon in the veggie universe, btw. But abstaining from flesh--all kinds, mind you--was a strategic route to take in creating an interesting, interview-worthy image that was both intriguing and subversive at the time. I'm not saying he is a total fake. I do think he cares about pigs and cats and elephants. Egg laying hens, dairy cows, and veal calves? Not so much.
well thats too bad i really wanted to believe he was authentic in his beliefs, but it turns out the evidence clearly shows hes not as much as he proclaims to be

well thats too bad i really wanted to believe he was authentic in his beliefs, but it turns out the evidence clearly shows hes not as much as he proclaims to be

Yes. Sadly, I'm afraid, all the evidence suggests he is cherry picking animal rights.

Yes. Sadly, I'm afraid, all the evidence suggests he is cherry picking animal rights.

That's total BS. Have you not read about him feeding squirrels out of his hand and helping injured birds?

His stance on animal rights is not a cover for having an eating disorder. I cannot believe how negative you always are.

as fione already pointed out, hes said hes already given up milk in the leather/synthetic leather shoes comment and that he doesnt miss it

Unless we see him eating the cheese then we don't know he's not vegan. The cheese could have been for someone else. Nobody noted the rice milk on the rider. Funny, that.

That's total BS. Have you not read about him feeding squirrels out of his hand and helping injured birds?

His stance on animal rights is not a cover for having an eating disorder. I cannot believe how negative you always are.

I read about him feeding animals in public, yes. Is that all you got to back up your claim that he does not have an eating disorder (your words)? Now that you mention it, I think he does. Can he suffer from both disordered eating and selective empathy? Why, I think he can.

Unless we see him eating the cheese then we don't know he's not vegan. The cheese could have been for someone else. Nobody noted the rice milk on the rider. Funny, that.

If he has no problem with others eating cheese, then he should have no problem about them eating meat. It's the same thing. And he certainly shouldn't be serving 'cheese goujons' on his animal rights menu for his 'fans' if he's banned meat. The guy's a flake. So are you.

best
BB

tumblr_m3tta0LwTD1qfjznz.gif

hey 2-j. yeah no one wanted to notice the rice milk. its a silly argument made by simple minds

hey 2-j. yeah no one wanted to notice the rice milk. its a silly argument made by simple minds

Yep. He's asked for soy milk in the past, but of course in everyone's mind here he's a monster who eats steak every night and kills kittens.

Eating disorder? Vegetarianism? Clearly, you've got to be joking.

Nope. Not at all. Many vegetarians/vegans have eating disorders. And many gay men do as well. I can't diagnose Moz as having one as I am not his psychiatrist. But finicky eaters--those trying to rigidly control their diets--exhibit disordered eating behaviors. His flesh phobia--at the exclusion of animal fluids--warrants further investigation, imo.

Tags
animal rights hypocrite morrissey vegan vegetarian
Back
Top Bottom