Morrissey on Alexandra Bastedo - TTY

"Blah, blah, blah......."

Morrissey
Switzerland, January 2014.

Bloody Tory tax-exile! ;-)

"Sad beyond words at the death of Alexandra Bastedo - as I still struggle with the passing of Lou Reed. In this age where only plasticity is welcome, we are losing too many social thinkers."This is silly. Clearly not "sad beyond words" as he then writes a load of them.Maybe time to sit down with a therapist/counsellor about Lou Reed, or is that just a subtle plug for the new single? *rollseyes*

Is Alexandra Bastedo regarded as a "social thinker"? For what? No links or back-up. No back-up for assertion she was a Republican as, obviously, Googling to establish the facts is impossible in Switzerland. And WTF does "in this age where only plasticity is welcome" mean? Like the "Death, he's behind you!" panto ending, it's meant to signify existential profundity but which is now so routine and overused that is comes across as banal cut and paste of overwrought cliche. Can't wait for "Autobiography 11" And "111"

Alexandra Bastedo - true-to-you.net

Sad beyond words at the death of Alexandra Bastedo - as I still struggle with the passing of Lou Reed. In this age where only plasticity is welcome, we are losing too many social thinkers.

Every conceivable acknowledgement has been bestowed on Alexandra's beauty, and she was also a devout animal protectionist (as all the best humans are). Also, I recall reading somewhere that she was anti-monarchy (as all the brightest humans are) - but I can't remember where I read this, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Alexandra did not chase Hollywood; she remained genuine and dignified and she housed many animals and birds in order to save them from the slaughterhouse. In all, hers sounds like a great life, even if, sadly, the final outcome is always the same.

Morrissey

Related item:

rank_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Blah, blah, blah......."

Morrissey

Bloody Tory tax-exile! ;-)

He's paid his dues....just ask his road crew/ ex-drummers and exes. Switzerland is a lovely place for the confirmed bachelor.

I suppose I consider myself anti-monarchy in the sense that I appreciate my Burling and Rush ancestors settled as far away as humanly possible from where the boat they decided to take dropped them off. As a result I have zero concept of what living near a monarchy is, so they did me a solid. But also as a result, I don't understand the passion Morrissey has for hating the monarchy so much. They seem so meaningless and not worth the effort. I'm not incapable of learning how to hate them. :D

What's he doing in Switzerland ?

Having a meeting with his Swiss bank account manager maybe ? Or maybe there's a big "humasexual" community/village in Swiss land ? Who cares ?

Ghost of Ordsal manor

I heard he has a bolthole in Switzerland.

P.

I really should think about buying some spectacles...

No mention of Bastedo being anti-monarchist in any of the obituaries I've seen, nor does she mention it in her biography on her website.

Very sweet and kind thoughts. She seems to have been a lovely person.

Very beautiful indeed! Sad she has gone that way....

Cheers Moz

Statement - TYT Morrissey expresses sadness at the passing of Alexandra Bastedo

"Oh Alexandra why did you leave us this way ?" I shall re-re-re-re-re-release RANK with some extra rare demos added and maybe I shall add some notes of bizzdom on the back cover for all the "punters" to collect plus the usual extra track and a tacky badge, everyone's a winner kerching.

Benny-the-Butcher

Morrissey here urges us to make the very most of the time that we have on this planet. His choice of cover stars (and his choice of words) are beautiful. This isn't rocket science, unless you consider the inner-workings of one's heart to be rocket science.

I really should think about buying some spectacles...

No mention of Bastedo being anti-monarchist in any of the obituaries I've seen, nor does she mention it in her biography on her website.

:lbf: Self-appointed, anti-Morrissey fact-checker, scouring the World Wide Webs for tepid ammunition in the war against Morrissey. The Church of the Anti-Moz-Now: brainwashed by mesmer-waves transmitted from 16th June 1986. f***ing priceless.

Thanks Moz! Now I know that according to Moz, I am one of the best and brightest humans! :) Mozzer's opinion is one I respect! I wasn't familiar with the work of Bastedo, though. However, did you know that Psychic Sylvia Browne died in November? She correctly foretold the divorce of Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise.

Very beautiful indeed! Sad she has gone that way....

Cheers Moz

:lbf: Self-appointed, anti-Morrissey fact-checker, scouring the World Wide Webs for tepid ammunition in the war against Morrissey. The Church of the Anti-Moz-Now: brainwashed by mesmer-waves transmitted from 16th June 1986. f***ing priceless.

Do you think I should start my own fan site just for you? Your obsession with me far exceeds your minor interest in Morrissey. Not that I blame you. I am pretty great. :cool:

Do you think I should start my own fan site just for you? Your obsession with me far exceeds your minor interest in Morrissey. Not that I blame you. I am pretty great. :cool:

By all means, do. I will be initially positive, then, as old age and sagging moobs take their psychological toll, I will spend an unhealthy number of my fading days harping on endlessly about how you've lost it, betrayed me, sold out. I will laugh at the very notion of Mesmer-waves issuing from the mid-80s whilst labelling all who defend you as brainwashed morons, too hopelessly invested in you to see you for the monster you truly are.

All that being said, I do quite like your posts and I am a (minor) fan of your work here. :)

If you see this writing as an opportunity to attack Morrissey, you have an ugly soul.

What is happening here? Why are you obsessively following everything Morrissey writes or does if you are only looking to pick it apart? Not that many are affected by anything he does really. I'm assuming you're adults who have day to day issues and concerns. Find a new cause. Those type of posts come off sad and pathetic.

oh my Switzerland, Morrissey is on a snow vacation

I hope he stays healthy and don't hop in a skilift, for a downhill

'and they say he's mentall' ... and the hills are alive....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom