Morrissey on Alexandra Bastedo - TTY

I really should think about buying some spectacles...

No mention of Bastedo being anti-monarchist in any of the obituaries I've seen, nor does she mention it in her biography on her website.

Plenty of coverage of it articles in film mags from the 70s and 80s - but very unlikely you'd find them if your rigorous research extends only to a brief trawl through Google.

At least Morrissey won't be disappointed that So_Low has its own coterie of social thinkers: pompous fools who waste their days sneering at a pop star on the internet. How very useful, productive, meaningful and of great benefit to the wider world. Bravo.

"Sad beyond words at the death of Alexandra Bastedo - as I still struggle with the passing of Lou Reed. In this age where only plasticity is welcome, we are losing too many social thinkers."This is silly. Clearly not "sad beyond words" as he then writes a load of them.Maybe time to sit down with a therapist/counsellor about Lou Reed, or is that just a subtle plug for the new single? *rollseyes*

Is Alexandra Bastedo regarded as a "social thinker"? For what? No links or back-up. No back-up for assertion she was a Republican as, obviously, Googling to establish the facts is impossible in Switzerland. And WTF does "in this age where only plasticity is welcome" mean? Like the "Death, he's behind you!" panto ending, it's meant to signify existential profundity but which is now so routine and overused that is comes across as banal cut and paste of overwrought cliche. Can't wait for "Autobiography 11" And "111"

Haha that really is quite amusing bummie from someone who's pitiful existence is spent entirely on bad mouthing somebody you pretend to hate. Priceless.

What is happening here? Why are you obsessively following everything Morrissey writes or does if you are only looking to pick it apart? Not that many are affected by anything he does really. I'm assuming you're adults who have day to day issues and concerns. Find a new cause. Those type of posts come off sad and pathetic.

I think that the days of BB, BTB & JB shitting all over this site are coming to an end.

I think that the days of BB, BTB & JB shitting all over this site are coming to an end.

I don't care what you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha that really is quite amusing bummie from someone who's pitiful existence is spent entirely on bad mouthing somebody you pretend to hate. Priceless.

Do you know me? No.
Do I spend my entire life 'bad mouthing somebody'? No.
Do I care what you think 'Anonymous'? No.

So now you know.

Plenty of coverage of it articles in film mags from the 70s and 80s - but very unlikely you'd find them if your rigorous research extends only to a brief trawl through Google.

At least Morrissey won't be disappointed that So_Low has its own coterie of social thinkers: pompous fools who waste their days sneering at a pop star on the internet. How very useful, productive, meaningful and of great benefit to the wider world. Bravo.

Prove your 'rigorous research' that concludes there's "Plenty of coverage of it articles in film mags from the 70s and 80s" by quoting from them.

Shame Morrissey, like you, wasn't up to the rigour of quoting from these sources either.

Eejit.

BrummieBoy's tone may be a matter of taste - but - some of his words are thoughtful. Refering to Ms. Bastedo as a "social thinker" is an exotic and not very intelligent choice. Where does this leave Michel Foucault, Pierre Bourdieu, or Norbert Elias? And - which adult person uses his groupie's website to send wishes from picturesque Switzerland?

Huh? Alexandra didn't chase Hollywood, but Moz did himself, spending quite a few years living the LA-Hollywood lifestyle. Bet this genuine lady didn't re-release the same endless photos of herself for pay, or charge people a ticket price of a book receipt to be able to meet her. The irony.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom