Morrissey on Broadway - May 2–11 residency (Lunt-Fontanne Theatre) - Playbill

Morrissey, the British singer-songwriter whose baritone voice has become part of the cultural fabric, will come to Broadway.

The former frontman of The Smiths will play Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in residency May 2–11 in conjunction with the release of his latest album, a collection of '60s and '70s covers titled California Son, set to drop May 24 through Étienne Records/BMG.

Tickets go on sale March 8 at MorrisseyOfficial.com.

http://www.playbill.com/article/morrissey-will-come-to-broadway-this-may

An anonymous person posted the link with the promo image / dates (May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11):

Morrissey Announces Broadway Residency - Broadway World

46462_may2019NYC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What is interesting Johnny Marr plays the Wellmont in New Jersey on May first and then two days off until playing Connecticut on the 4th. Wellmont is super close to NYC. Could magic happen on the 2nd and 3rd?

I looked up the same thing! I know Johnny's said never, but wouldn't it be something??!! I'd buy those days in particular!

He will cancel them all and blame it on illness - Uncle Steve wont resist the cheesy pizzas in NYC, upset his stomach and be ill for the dates.

Any pre-sale for us? If the prices aren't Springsteen-level obscene, I could see doing the whole run.

I was listening to Kevin and Bean on KROQ in LA announcing these shows. Morrissey was scheduled to headline their big KROQ Acoustic Christmas show in 2017, which he canceled. They said there was a 50/50 chance of him not showing up for any given show and for people not to get their hopes up. Words of wisdom.

Trying not to get my hopes up too high but this sounds *very* promising in terms of a live show that might be something just a little bit different: "An intimate yet exciting exploration of Morrissey’s expansive career from his early days to his upcoming new record. Longtime fans will get a rare opportunity to see the star branch out into new territory and take the stage like never before.” Playing with a live orchestra, maybe? Lots of acoustic songs? (Although given his conservatism, I'm not sure...)

The man’s full of surprises. Though, I predict.. first night he’ll come out and sing a couple lines a cappella of the Drifters On Broadway before going into the first song. Hope he does a lot of the songs from California Son. Just him with Boz on acoustic under a single spotlight while they do ‘Only a pawn in their game’. :)

Gonna be a great time, just hope he paces himself with ballads. Though seven nights ? I assume he won’t be
playing elsewhere on the north east coast in hopes everyone will come to NYC. Well fingers crossed it happens for everyone.

Morrissey To ‘Branch Out Into New Territory’ With 7-Night Broadway Residency In May

Excerpt:

"The singer’s publicist says Moz will be putting on a “retrospective show” that “promises an intimate yet exciting exploration of Morrissey’s expansive career from his early days to his upcoming new record California Son.” It’s not yet clear whether this will be a Springsteenesque mixture of story and song, or something more akin to a regular concert."

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2019/03/04/morrissey-broadway-residency/

Morrissey to Stage Seven-Night Broadway Residency in May

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/04/arts/music/morrissey-broadway-residency.html

Morrissey On Broadway: Former Smiths Frontman Announces Concert Stand

https://deadline.com/2019/03/morris...ay-for-career-retrospective-shows-1202568776/

Well, good to see MorrisseyOfficial.com is being made use of again.
It hadn't been updated since the launch of Low In High School.

Regards,
FWD.

Please no live orchestra - I find it extremely cheesy when artists/bands go down that road.

Morrissey To ‘Branch Out Into New Territory’ With 7-Night Broadway Residency In May

Excerpt:

"The singer’s publicist says Moz will be putting on a “retrospective show” that “promises an intimate yet exciting exploration of Morrissey’s expansive career from his early days to his upcoming new record California Son.” It’s not yet clear whether this will be a Springsteenesque mixture of story and song, or something more akin to a regular concert."

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2019/03/04/morrissey-broadway-residency/

Regards,
FWD.

My guess? Something more akin to a regular concert.

His could be very worthwhile for me. Four and a half hour drive but it would be a good excuse for staying a night in ny. Have to convince my mother to take he kid though

Good for Moz and whoever gets to go. Reckon he'll do an encore of his own songs?

His could be very worthwhile for me. Four and a half hour drive but it would be a good excuse for staying a night in ny. Have to convince my mother to take he kid though
Bring the kid and get him/her onto the stage and Moz can mind him/her, like he babysitted Devon the kid on the Hollywood High dvd.

I must apologize, but I do not fully understand what you wrote, but Morrissey also played the Wellmont in March of 2009.

NDSP gets very emotional over :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: and Hooky. both twats.

anyways,:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, Mr Cometry will not be attending the prestigious Moz BROADWAY shows
as he is :banned:from entering.

Best for him to keep to his 'button' and 'mutton' warehouse type of very tiny gigs.:tiphat:

Who can forget the infamous burst pipe incident?
The burst pipe incident saved me a couple of times from the violence of primary school back in the late 70s/early 80s. That was when a pipe in the school burst from ice. Happened a few times. The happiness was massive. I know I'm off topic but most of life is.

So Camden may be his longest residency. Saw him all 5 nights when he did that Apollo residency, which was great.
Was it not a bit repetitive? I've never seen him two nights in a row so excuse my ignorance. I have seen The Cure two nights in a row but they change the songs around a bit.

I looked up the same thing! I know Johnny's said never, but wouldn't it be something??!! I'd buy those days in particular!
Those would be the two days most likely for me to go either way so I'm going cross my fingers. lol Crazier things have happened so who knows. I'm sure the odds are so extreme, but it is fun to think about.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom